“Nice pleasant stay close to airport, very convenient”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Airport DIA
Ranked #61 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed at La Quinta Denver Airport as part of my Colorado trip.I was landing in DIA in the night and was planning to goto Estes park the next morning. I wanted a hotel with good connectivity to the airport and some basic breakfast in the morning.

It seems that all the airport hotels are in the same general area on Tower road, with a few eateries sprinkled in.There are shuttles running to the hotels every 15-20 minutes from airport and they come at the pre-destined island on the terminal.
It is all very simple and ordered. I like that.

Of the hotels on Tower rd, this one fell in my budget range, as i did not want to spend too much on something that was just a night's rest.

We got to the hotel by shuttle, and the driver was very helpful. The night-clerk had already got my keys and stuff ready, so the check-in was a breeze. The room has a lot of space and the bed was comfortable. They have a "sunshine theme" going on with yellow and orange being the primary colors every where. The bathroom was big and well-equipped. Only thing i felt weird about was that the bathroom had double doors which opened into the bedroom, and they did not close that tight. I don't know if this is a "thing" but may be uncomfortable for some parties. I was with my wife and so this was okay.

They have a gym, pool and laundry. There is a lawn with a meandering path which was very beautiful in the summer sun. I wanted to spend some time in Gym, but seeing the path i had a run.

The breakfast consisted of cereal, boiled eggs, juice, fruits, coffee, bagels, muffins and hot waffles. It was pretty sufficient.

This was the first stop on our Colorado itinerary and the stay was very pleasant.We would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank manumaan
Write a ReviewReviews (1,103)

Reviewed August 4, 2012

This was the first time we had stayed with this chain. We needed a hotel close to the airport as we had been travelling for over 21 hours. We were offered a very good rate and found it easily in a road consisting of airport hotels. Very large car park which was full. Check in was quick and our rooms were large and comfortable.

Large breakfast area with good breakfast selection. Would happily stay here again.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Lafayette, Louisiana, USA
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My wife, kids amd I needed a place to stay to catch a flight after a vacation. We dropped off our rental car and were surprised to find that there were several pretty decent restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Well traveling alone with two young children is difficult from the beginning which was magnified by poor service. We have stayed at this La Quinta in the past and it was ok and convient so we chose to return. This will be our last trip. We frequent La Quinta's for the fact the allow dogs, the reward program, and relative nice accommodations for the cost. So we waited for over an hour, and watched the van pass by, the clearly marked waiting area for the hotel, twice. Even had the adjacent hotel van driver help with a futile attempt at waving the LQ van down. The next drive by only left us more frustrated and a different van operator offered to take us there for 10$. Well after two phone calls and poor judgement we continued to the hotel. What has changed in the last year to make this place go so far down hill. The toiletries and progressed to a postage stamp size soap. The end. The facets were dirty and hard water stained. TSP will take care of that real quick and give the appearance of near new. So, this is one LQ that we will avoid and drop an extra 20-30$ for an extra star accommodation near DIA.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Paris, ky
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We are a family with 2 children, and stayed before leaving for an early flight. I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised - hotel was large, friendly desk, breakfast area was large, rooms were clean, bathrooms were quite large. I was disappointed that the only option for 2 beds were full size, no queen. It made for crammed sleeping but overall, everything was good. However, give yourself like 2 hours before an early flight, if you are catching a plane. The airport was packed, we arrived slightly late after returning a rental car & catching a shuttle, and United Airlines wouldn't check out bags (7 min late for the 45 min cut-off). The flight turned into a nightmare day, but I blame it all on United. :)

1  Thank NBcares
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I was walking down the hallway very early in the morning (had to catch an early flight). I heard a guest call the young lady behind the desk the "N" word. I was horrified. I was told because the guest was a "high volume" guest, that corporate didn't want to ban the guest and protect their employer. I wrote corporate and told them that profit cannot supercede doing what's right. I received a call from the hotel manager who told me things had been done and everything is OK now. I am just curious if it turned out OK for the employee. I will think twice now before I give my money to La Quinta. The hotel was great by the way, I just can't support a company who had to "decide" whether or not they are going to do the right thing. Again, no problem at all with the hotel itself. It was great!

• Stayed: March 2012