“Some Times You Don't Get What You Pay For :(”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #113 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Everything looked pretty good when I checked this place out on the internet but there's no way I'll return. It took the desk clerk a while to check me in as she was busy shuffling papers and apparently that was more important. She finally took care of me and I got to my room. All of the rooms have outside entry, no hallway so when I open my door I was looking at the parking lot. The room was large and clean but lots of lack of maintenance! You had to hold the lever down on the toilet for 10-15 seconds to get it to flush all the way. No clock in the room, the mirror over the sink had a piece about 6" x 18" missing from one corner. Apparently it got broke and they didn't feel the mirror should be replaced. The ceiling light in the bath didn't work and the fan in there was so loud it was unbearable. There was a major rust stain around the drain in the tub and the breakfast room was very small. Hopefully you don't get a room on the 2nd floor as there's no elevator. I never was able to get connected to there internet. I paid almost $100 per night so I guess I expected better.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The staff was excellent, Kim and Amanda really took good care of me and provided an outstanding welcome. They were very courteous and ensured all of my needs were met. They also provided helpful information about very popular restaurants within walking walking distances.
The warm presentation of the lobby was definitely award-winning.

The only downfall is that e alls at very thin and that you hear the showers running and little noises through the walls. Other than that I would give this hotel staff, cleanliness, and superb service a superb rating. If I am here in the area, would choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: I had a room on he first floor, was no problem with any outside ... Window was adjacent to pool and...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed one night and won't stay again. The room was clean but very shabby. our room needed a lot of work, the walls were crumbling the beds were old and the furniture was worn. The hotel has all outside entrances so you have to go outside to get to vending , breakfast and the lobby. It needs a refresh and probably should not have the Quality flag it is more like a Rodeway (after the refresh).

Room Tip: Stay at the airport Quality Inn
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was surprisingly clean. Everything was neat and tidy. The guy at the front desk was friendly and informative about the restaurants in the area. The only negative was I had to go to the front desk to get a separate key card for the ice. I only found this out after walking to both ice machine in the cold and it wouldn't open and i had to make a trip to the front desk.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We spent two days beginning of June 2012 in this hotel. We experienced a failure in the hotel water system, leaving us (and all customers) without water during hours, and without information by the hotel staff.
End of June, we spent again two days in this hotel. Again, we experienced several problems: there was a leak in the water system, the air conditioning wasn't not working correctly, all ice machines were out of order... and the hotel staff was not helpful to resolve these issues.

Should you need to stay in Denver, let's choose another hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2012

If you're going to U of CO Hospital, Anschutz Medical Campus, ask for their hospital rate, which was $55 for our Oct '12 stay.
The motel is under new management and they are renovating the rooms. The new management, however, doesn't know what an ADA accessible room is. We checked in, having made a reservation for the accessible room we'd used many times. Due to renovation this room was not available, but we were assured the room we were given was "accessible". NOT There was no raised toilet or grab bars near the toilet. The staff was accomodating and we were given the key to "our" room so my daughter could use the bathroom in there. Left a comment card commending the staff, but noting why the room we were given was not "accessible" so management would know.
Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Typically the north side rooms are the quietest, but that will depend on other guests.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I keep trying different hotels near the airport. The latest had a breakfast a bit above the others, but the bed was too soft and the sheets didn't stay on the bottom. The bathroom was way too small. The van driver was angry at other drivers (which can make you nervous). Overall, I will probably try the other options, but I'd be willing to repeat if they are the least expensive.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple