“Thoughts about the hotel.”

Best Western Plus Denver International Airport Inn & Suites
Ranked #56 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Brisbane, Australia
“Thoughts about the hotel.”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Very good but not exceptional. Lacked the extra service of the more expensive hotels. Not having a hotel fax machine working was definitely a negative because I needed it and having to go to another hotel to do my laundry was not great. The hotel did not have a lift so had to cart my luggage upstairs. Some of the staff did not have uniforms so it was difficult to discern who was a worker and who was not. I had to change rooms as my hotel room air-conditioning was not working and their was very poor ventilation in the fitness centre.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BestDays_GM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denver International Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Hello, and thank you for the review. I apologize about the inconveniences experienced during your stay. I hope it will please you to know that the fax machine has been repaired, as well as the elevator. We currently have two washers and 3 dryers in operation in our guest laundry as well. The team is happy to receive high marks in spite of the difficulties and we hope to have another opportunity to impress.

Kendall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Israel
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located next to the airport, and is a shuttle service is available and works pretty well.
The rooms are comfortable, and the breakfast is the kind of typical for Best Western, no complaints. Altogether, good value.

• Stayed October 2012
BestDays_GM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denver International Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for the great review! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to serving you again.

Orange, California
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very friendly staff both evening and morning. Stayed there on the way back to California. Also had two cats with us. Breakfast was delicious. Environment was relaxing. Easy check in and out. Plenty of restaurants available around to order or eat at.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BestDays_GM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denver International Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for the great review. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Terre Haute
Reviewed June 9, 2013

So, I arrived in Denver on a Thursday night late after work and had booked this hotel online months prior my business meeting and trip. It was very difficult to locate the hotel due to airport construction, the settings on my GPS and the fact that it was dark and late a night. It was a pretty scary ride getting there. When I arrived, I found there to be no parking available. After eventually finding a spot and unloading my luggage, I was greated at the entrance by a security guard who told me there was no way I was staying there because they were closed for several months. He suggested I try the Days Inn next door as he thought they were affiliated. So I took everything back to the car and tried to find a parking space closer to the Days Inn. Luckily they did have a reservation for me at this hotel--but it would have been nice to know that up front. Since there were several hotels in the area, I hoped that at least one of them would have an open room. However, with the fullness of the parking lots I was not so sure.
I will never consider staying at this best western again if I need a place near the Denver.Airport. I never once received a notice from them telling me they were closed for renovation despite booking months in advance.

Room Tip: If you decide to take a chance and book, call ahead and see if you have a reservation becasue they d...
Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
BestDays_GM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denver International Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
I'm very sorry we failed to notify you properly of the closure. If you contact me directly I would like the opportunity to make this up to you. We will be opening with a brand new hotel in the near future - late August is plan - and do hope to be awarded another opportunity to show our true nature.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We made reservations at this hotel 4 months prior to our arrival date, got an email confirmation, plus I called to confirm the reservation one week before our trip. The day of our scheduled arrival I got a phone call from a friend who was scheduled to stay at the same property (based upon my recommendation). The friend had arrived at the hotel on an airport shuttle only to find that the hotel was closed up, with caution tape and fencing around the perimeter and huge yellow hoses coming out of some of the upper floor windows. The shuttle driver told our friend that he did not know anything other than that the Inn had had a water damage problem. She then called the 800 number and was told to go to the Days Inn nearby. My husband then called the 800 number to ask about the problem. He was told that there was no record of our reservation, even though he had the confirming email in his hand and gave the person on the phone the confirmation number. I then opened my email to see if the hotel had sent an email about the problem. The only new email from Best Western was one telling me how excited they were that we were coming to stay with them that night! We got no phone call (my phone number was on the confirmation email), no email, absolutely nothing from the hotel telling us of any problem with the hotel or our reservation. We had traveled 1200 miles and ended up without a place to sleep that night. We actually drove by the hotel and could clearly see that the property had been closed for quite a while. The windows were dusty, the caution tape was frayed and there was snow all over the driveway. Definitely will not ever try Best Western again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
BestDays_GM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denver International Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hello, and thank you for the honest feedback. I understand your frustration with the situation. We have tried to make this very difficult transition as well as possible. I am very sorry you were not contacted and informed about the closure and subsequent re-location. We are working hard to make things right. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Ithaca, NY
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel, apparently after it had been shut down for flooding. No one bothered to tell me that this hotel was in fact closed. When I arrived after a long day of traveling, the hotel was completely surrounded by caution tape and fencing. I called the number on my reservation confirmation, and was told to go to the Days' Inn next door. The hotel still doesn't want to admit that it is closed for significant repairs for the foreseeable future, and it still looks like one can book a room in it. This is not true. And the Days' Inn is not as expensive as the Best Western, so don't pay in advance!

This is a first-hand experience, so stop shutting this review down and telling me it isn't. I will be glad to send you a copy of my reservation confirmation.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
BestDays_GM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denver International Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Hello Kathleen. I apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. As soon as the flood happened we turned off all sources of booking. I would be happy to assist you in looking into this further so we can see if a 3rd party may have booked the hotel anyway. We also tried to contact all guests that already had reservations; and I apologize you slipped through our cracks. Please contact me directly if you would like help researching this further.