“worst hotel stay ever hostile agressive front end staff, rude and threatening”

Best Western Plus Denver International Airport Inn & Suites
Ranked #68 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Calgary, Canada
“worst hotel stay ever hostile agressive front end staff, rude and threatening”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

was sent to this hotel by United airlines due to a flight delay. arrived with United voucher in hand and was met with a very hostile front counter person "RICHARD" at check in demanded my CC even though United had provided a voucher for the stay. When asked why that was necessary he responded by yelled at me and tried to push me aside to help the person behind me. As it was very late in the evening the card was provided and I decided to deal with this in the morning. At check out I requested a statement with a zero balance as I do at all hotels upon check out and to be sure that there were no charges charged to my card. The same front desk manager was on duty and he refused to provide this for me and other guests. when copies of the voucher and the check in sheet were requested he refused at first then did copy the voucher. As I left to catch my shuttle he came running out after us threatening to call the police. The shocked shuttle driver loaded our bags as I tried to determine what he was after to no avail. as we drive to the airport he radioed in and again was threatening to call the police... I have no idea what his problem was and when I called the day after to speak with the manager my call was not returned and one week later the room charge appeared on my CC. Never have I ever experienced such disrespectful treatment at a hotel and due to this experience I will avoid best western hotels moving forward. United was also made aware of the treatment their customers are exposed to when they send them to this property. BEWARE!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: hotel looks well used and not kept to the level of cleanliness that is expected!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tatjanna C
ramadadiagm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denver International Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
I'm sorry about the difficulty you had here in Denver. More over I'm sorry we have been unable to talk in person. I have made many attempts on the phone number you provided but with no answer and no voicemail available (I hope I have the correct number!). Your credit card was mistakenly charged, but we did issue that credit to you shortly after. I'm sorry for the inconvenience that caused. I would still welcome direct contact as well so we can discuss the other issues. Once again, you have my humblest apologies. We strive to provide exceptional service and I will not settle for less.

Kendall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Bologna, Italy
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Tower Rd, the best place when you travel to/from Denver. The Hotel has many comforts but we stayed just a night before the departure. Breakfast is included and good. The shuttle to/from the terminals is very handy. Staff is helpful even if nobody phoned us up in the early morning to wake up and we had asked specifically to.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ramadadiagm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denver International Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for the review. First I'd like to apologize for the issue with your wake up call, that can cause an issue and I'm sorry we missed that. I'm very happy to see that even with or service hiccup you were able to enjoy your stay and our full hot breakfast. We do hope to get the opportunity, on a future stay, to show you perfect service.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed here recently as we had an overnight in Denver as our honeymoon was coming to an end. The shuttle arrived promptly at Denver and on checking in we met with the lovely receptionist Ruby who was really kind and helpful. We told her we had just spent the last few weeks in the States on honeymoon and she very kindly upgraded us to an executive suite. The room was spacious (with a jacuzzi in the room) and the bed very comfortable and clean. The hotel itself is on Tower Road which is the most convenient location for the airport and the shuttle was punctual, breakfast fine and overall we were very happy with our stay. We'd like to say a particular thanks to Ruby who made our stay extra special. She booked our shuttle for us in the morning and when I had difficulty finding a mailbox she kindly offered to mail my postcards for me. It is because of professional, welcoming and kind staff like Ruby that we would have no hesitation in recommending your hotel to any family and friends who happen to be in Denver - thank you!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello and Thank you! Can't tell you enough how much it means to hear our staff was such a great part of your wonderful stay. I'm really glad we fit the bill for you and that Ruby in particular helped conclude your Honeymoon on a high note. We look forward to seeing you again.

Hughesville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Good place to stay before or after a long flight. Breakfast was pedestrian and usual for a chain, but the staff was very friendly and helpful. The hot tub and pool were very clean and easily accessed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ramadadiagm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denver International Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Hello and thank you for the review. I'm happy that our hotel was able to fill your needs. I do hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Denver's airport is far from downtown and we were a group of 4 with multiple flights during the day, so we stayed at the Best Western because it had a shuttle that ran on the 1/2 hour, a fitness center, pool, and breakfast.

When we arrived the night desk clerk was super-helpful, funny, and welcoming. He gave us a quick "lay of the land" concerning the shuttle and the hotel and sent us on our way quickly and efficiently. Since we were getting there rather late, I appreciate his efficiency.

The morning breakfast was good, it was well-stocked and there was a variety of food, both hot and cold. This hotel is a great value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MAD8188
Thank you for the review! I'm very happy to hear you had a great experience and that our 24 hours shuttle was so helpful and our staff offered some great customer service. We do hope to see you again on your next trip through Denver.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed here for one night while in town for personal business, and thank goodness I was not staying here longer.

ROOM: The room, along with the rest of the hotel, seems to be recently renovated. I had a large space available (certainly much more space than one single person needs for a one-night stay), and for that, I give the hotel an A+. I had a king bed, loveseat, desk, set of drawers, flat-screen TV, mini-fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker (as if a cruel joke, only decaf coffee was provided). No complaints with the room size, decor, or amenities.

REST: The bed was comfortable, had plenty of pillows, and decent bed coverings, so I was looking forward to a great night's sleep. However, I ended up getting almost no rest whatsoever. The air conditioner in the room was incredibly loud as it turned on and off throughout the night. Unfortunately, given the outdoor temperature, turning it off entirely was not an option. Everytime it kicked back on, I was woken up...completely ruining my stay in a nice room. Would a different room be better? I don't know, but packing up in the middle of the night wasn't my idea of a good time either.

CLEANLINESS: The room was perfectly clean, no complaints here.

SERVICE: Check-in was a breeze, thankfully, but check-out was awful. At 6:30am, I went downstairs to check-out & eat breakfast. No one was at the front desk, and even at 6:45 after I had finished eating, no one was manning the desk. Unfortunately, I had no more time to wait before having to leave the hotel - so my concerns went unaddressed.

LOCATION: The hotel is as close to the Denver airport as it gets, although there isn't much more in that area (touristically). There are a few restaurants within walking distance, so you could grab dinner if you needed to, and there is a 7-11 gas station and convenience store right by the hotel.

PARKING: The lot was 100% full, with cars even parked in areas not designated as spots. I'd imagine someone arriving late at night would have to circle around or park in one of the adjacent lots belonging to other properties.

SHUTTLE: On the night of my stay, the hotel was sharing a shuttle with 3 other hotels all in the same area. I understand the reasoning for sharing a shuttle, though it was a little disheartening to be the last stop after a long day of traveling. No problems, though - the driver was friendly and helpful.

BREAKFAST: For an airport hotel, I was a little surprised that breakfast didn't start until 6:30am, so anyone with an early flight will miss out. However, the spread was a decent size, with standard offerings including make-your-own waffles, scrambled "eggs", bacon, cereals, bagels, pastries, toast, juices, yogurt, coffee and tea. I scarfed food down before departing at 6:45 and even that early in the morning, the small area was a little crowded. The attendants didn't seem too concerned with stocking food or cleaning up.

WI-FI: Wi-fi was fast and free. How can you go wrong?

OTHER NOTES: This has done a great job at making itself look nice with updated furniture and a nice lobby, but they are way behind when it comes to things that really matter: a good night's rest and helpful employees.

BOTTOM LINE: There are a dozen hotels within walking distance of this hotel, so save yourself the hassle and book at a different property that's equally convenient.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bqkali
Hello, and thank you. I am very sorry we were so close to making a great impression with the majority of your stay, but failed to provide a better AC experience and the worst part being that no one was available to assist you and make it right before you left. I do my best to assure the Front Desk Agents are always at their posts, but occasionally they have to run guest items or other things. I do understand that it was our opportunity to make your experience right by handling that AC issue and we weren't there to do that for you. I am sorry, and if you contact me directly I will make it right with you.

Kendall

Travelers are raving about these Denver hotels

Dallas, GA
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here at the end of a wonderful vacation. The check in clerk was amazing! She was very kind and helpful. Our problems started when we turned in our rental car and rode the shuttle bus from the airport back to the hotel. The driver was the rudest person I have EVER encountered. It was like a surreal experience that someone might have in a third world underdeveloped country. In the end, he refused to drop us off at the hotel and we were forced to walk from another hotel. On the advice of the very nice, helpful check in clerk, I filed a formal complaint, in writing. At the end of the form , it asked for name, address, etc.if you wanted to be contacted, personally, regarding the complaint. I filled all of that out. We have been home for nearly two weeks and I have yet to hear from anyone.

After we had been home about 8 days, I broke out all over my body in very itchy bites that numbered well over 100. The bites had an odd, linear pattern to them. Upon searching the internet, I discovered that they were BEDBUG BITES!!! Several articles said that the bites could take up to 9 days to become visible, so bingo, Best Western. My husband did not get any because we had a room with two queen beds and each slept in a separate bad. The night before, we shared a bed, so they didn't come from there. He still has no bites so I can be thankful that it seems I did not bring them home with me.

Bottom line, I would NEVER stay in this hotel again. I will say again, however, that the daytime, front desk clerk was amazing, and the shuttle driver back to the airport the next day was great. (He got a tip!) I feel bad that they both have to work for such a lousy place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KBrownDallas_GA
ramadadiagm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denver International Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Wow, I am incredibly sorry for your experience. Bedbugs are not a fun experience; I sincerely want you to know we take many precautions against these pests and as a result have not had a single instance since we took over this hotel. I do follow your logic, but we truly have not had an experience with them. We contract with a national pest control company that constantly monitors our hotel; they also come out whenever we have additional concerns. We also use the Best Western UV light systems in our rooms; they use concentrated UV light to clean and sanitize all areas of the room.

I am truly sorry I did not receive your complaint. It was most likely given to the hotel that runs the shuttle service to be addressed; but I should've been copied as well as you are my guest and it falls on me to rectify your poor service experience.

I am very happy to hear that my employees at the hotel served you well, and I truly hope you will contact me directly. I will also attempt to get a copy of your complaint from the hotel that operates the shuttle. Once again you have my sincerest apologies.