“Satisfying stay”

Ranked #104 of 157 Hotels in Denver
San Francisco, California
“Satisfying stay”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Was stuck in Denver and got discounted rate for this hotel. Wasn't bad for $55.00/night. The concierge was very polite and nice. Accommodations we're average. Directions to ice machines stated they were located on both ends of the hallway, however was really on one end and not on the other. Had to walk all the way from one end to the other to figure this out. Signage needs to be updated.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Popp Y
ramadadiagm, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for the review...Sorry you got stuck in Denver, but glad you landed with us. I appreciate you pointing out the signage error! Things like that are rarely noticed by those of us that see them daily. Thank you for pointing it out, and glad you found our staff polite and helpful.

Kendall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was happy with the location and that the rooms were clean. However. I was not happy that I had to keep asking was washcloths and coffe cups. There were two of us my husband and myself. Yhey would only leave ONE washcloth and ONE coffeecup. We had to share the first nigt. We called down to have them bring up another but she could not leave the front desk. She was the only one there. I know it was not her fault, and the fact that maybe the hotel was trying to cut back on the staff in this ecnomy. But some things you can't cut back on and this is not only a customer service issue but a safety issue as well. The hotel desk should never onlt have one person as there are times guest need things and the front desk person can't leave her post. I think its a plus also for a hotel to have a restuarant as well. Its an inconvience to have to go next door to eat. I believe a hotel should have a restaurant that its guests can eat in and not have to go elsewhere. I have traveled all over the country as a flight attendant for a major airlineso I have sated in some of best and not so good hotels, but never had a issue with items that should be a staple in the room like washcloths and coffee cups and not have to make a trip down to the front desk to get items that should be in the room to begin with. Altho I like the location of your hotel and that you had a refrigerator and a microwave I don't know if I would stay with you again because of no restaurant and that the shuttle would not take you to one. Not a way to keep your customers coming back. I have a snall business myself so I know if your customer is not happy they will not be a repeat customer and they will tell everyone they know of a bad expereince but not very likely if the experience was goo. I would myself but know how the traveling public is. The maid did not even take away the washcloth the second day that we had used. She left a clean one but did not take the dirty one. Makes one wonder if the room was cleaned . I will be coming back to Denver between now and Holidays and I am not sure if I would stay with you again. I can brag on your shuttle service it was excellent. Promt and was on time

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

ramadadiagm, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for the honest review. I'm very sorry we did not properly appoint your room prior to your arrival. We certainly should have had more coffee cups, and wash clothes present in the room. I'll address that as they should be leaving two in each room. We honestly don't have the amenities to please everyone, and I'm sorry you found our lack of an onsite restaurant inconvenient. We do have 5 full service restaurants with in a 1/4 mile, and of course we offer our breakfast free of charge. I'm also glad you had a positive shuttle experience.

Erie, Colorado
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I called for the van at 10:50pm. It didn't show up until 11:35. And then, it was a Holiday Inn van with nothing on it that indicated it was the Days Inn shuttle. Would have been good information to have if one of the two people I spoke with on the phone would have told me what to look for. Took over an hour from the time I called to get to the hotel that is only 10 minutes away.

The room was just ok, and for the money, not worth it. I won't be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

ramadadiagm, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Hello Rick, thank you for the honest review. I'm sorry it took 45 minutes to get a shuttle for you, and yes, you should have been told which van was coming. We partner with several hotels in an attempt to deliver the best service possible. My apology that didn't happen.

Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

My husband & I stayed @ this hotel to be near the airport for an am flight the next day. Unfortunately the location was the only thing positive about it. We had reserved a non- smoking room with king bed. What we received was a handicapped room that smelled of old smoke, air conditioning that only cooled properly @ lowest setting, thin dingy white towels, an "exercise" room that had no adequate air conditioning or fan & nothing available to clean the (limited) equipment after use. The hard boiled eggs @ the continental breakfast tasted like they had been cooked days before. This was a most disappointing experience.

• Stayed October 2012
Hello and thank you for the review. I am very sorry you had a poor experience at our hotel, and we didn't live up to our goal, and the very positive experience of many expressed in other reviews. If it helps I did just order a whole bunch of new towels, wash clothes and other various linens to improve the quality of the stay experience for our guests.

Lynnwood, Washington
Reviewed October 3, 2012

the people who worked here were rude and unhelpful. the customer service lacked and the hotel is a total dump in the worst part of town. my boyfriend and I slept with a knife next to us. The hotel was littered with prostitutes from the minute we got there. I would not stay here ever again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello. I am very sorry for the experience you had with Days Inn; though I do not believe it to be our Days Inn. I think you are incorrect with your location. We are in the Airport area, surrounded by other hotels, upscale neighborhoods, and an up and coming development area. We maintain a strict no loitering policy to assure non guests are not on property at any times. I do hope you give Days Inn another chance.

Erie, Colorado
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed one night before our flight, and booked via internet. Arrived late, but check-in was seamless. The bed and pillows were comfortable, drapes darkened the room well. The room was clean, and equipped with a microwave oven and refrigerator. Breakfast was basic - cereal, fruit, etc. The hot tub wasn't functioning, and the motel had made arrangements with the Best Western next door, and that worked out - just a short walk. The internet connection worked well, and I had no trouble with a vpn connection. The HVAC system was not objectionably noisy. The rate was reasonable, cheapest via internet. The motel is close to the airport and rental car facilities. The location is strictly a staging area to or from DIA.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ramadadiagm, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for the review. We really appreciate hearing about your stay and are very glad you had a positive experience with us. Making travel in and around DIA is our goal, and the team is happy we achieved it. Hope to see you on your next trip.

Zoersel, Belgium
Reviewed September 24, 2012

we stayed one night - our flight was delayed and we were after 12.00 pm but this was no problem
Breakfast with yoghourt and fruit
Rooms were comfortable - shuttle to airport was no problem
The shuttle self was a little bit old

Room Tip: good because near airport - away from center of Denver