“would never stay here again”

Days Inn & Suites Denver International Airport
Ranked #103 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Lynnwood, Washington
“would never stay here again”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

the people who worked here were rude and unhelpful. the customer service lacked and the hotel is a total dump in the worst part of town. my boyfriend and I slept with a knife next to us. The hotel was littered with prostitutes from the minute we got there. I would not stay here ever again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ramadadiagm, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Hello. I am very sorry for the experience you had with Days Inn; though I do not believe it to be our Days Inn. I think you are incorrect with your location. We are in the Airport area, surrounded by other hotels, upscale neighborhoods, and an up and coming development area. We maintain a strict no loitering policy to assure non guests are not on property at any times. I do hope you give Days Inn another chance.

Kendall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Erie, Colorado
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed one night before our flight, and booked via internet. Arrived late, but check-in was seamless. The bed and pillows were comfortable, drapes darkened the room well. The room was clean, and equipped with a microwave oven and refrigerator. Breakfast was basic - cereal, fruit, etc. The hot tub wasn't functioning, and the motel had made arrangements with the Best Western next door, and that worked out - just a short walk. The internet connection worked well, and I had no trouble with a vpn connection. The HVAC system was not objectionably noisy. The rate was reasonable, cheapest via internet. The motel is close to the airport and rental car facilities. The location is strictly a staging area to or from DIA.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ramadadiagm, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for the review. We really appreciate hearing about your stay and are very glad you had a positive experience with us. Making travel in and around DIA is our goal, and the team is happy we achieved it. Hope to see you on your next trip.

Zoersel, Belgium
Reviewed September 24, 2012

we stayed one night - our flight was delayed and we were after 12.00 pm but this was no problem
Breakfast with yoghourt and fruit
Rooms were comfortable - shuttle to airport was no problem
The shuttle self was a little bit old

Room Tip: good because near airport - away from center of Denver
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ramadadiagm, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for the review! Very glad you had a positive experience with us and that we were able to meet all your needs. We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Aberdeen, South Dakota
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have stayed here numerous times, and have usually had a wonderful experience, however this time was different. Check in was fast and the gal at the front desk was very friendly. Was not told that the hot tub was out of service, found that out after changing and entering pool area. The gal at the front desk then said we could use the pool at the property next door. Just would have been nice to know of this before booking or atleast upon checking in. Wanted to take the shuttle to the airport for supper, and to ask questions about my flight at the ticket counter the evening before my flight. The shuttle driver drove up ...threw peoples bags out, and before I could get on the shuttle...he drove off. I walked over to Super 8 and asked if I could get on their shuttle...they said no problem. (the driver even recognized me later on and stopped and offered a ride back) The following morning there was a reciept slipped under my door, and the price I was charged was not the price that I reserved for...so I went to the desk and the gentleman that was there was extremely rude and said that I should have said something when I signed the card at check in...I guess I didnt notice it then as I had been driving all day and was tired. (he fixed it but was rude) Then the others that I was traveling with had the same problem with over charging, and same rude comment to them. Breakfast was skimpy, and the coffee was empty on 2 different trips to the breakfast room that morning before 8 am. It may be time to check out other hotels in the area. I feel bad for those I have recommended to this hotel, as it has truely been wonderful in the past. Carpeting in the hallways needs to be replaced, as its a hazard with all of the big ripples in it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
ramadadiagm, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for the review. I appreciate you letting us know we've let you down a bit. I'm sorry that we didn't live up to the great experiences you've had in the past with us, and will work to get there again quickly. I'm sorry the shuttle driver didn't inform you they were not going to the airport (as the drop off shuttle isn't bound for the airport), they should've explained that to you and got you set up on the shuttle that arrives right after that to go to DIA. I'm sorry the agent at the desk didn't show more care in solving your problem, a simple fix and should've been handled with more care for sure. We do hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Close to the airport and free shuttle from airport to the hotel.
Clean big room.
Friendly staff.
It's no problem for them to call a taxi when you're leaving.
They has a little market where you can buy candy and drinks.

• Stayed September 2012
ramadadiagm, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you very much for the review. I'm glad you found our services helpful and our staff friendly! That's exactly what we're shooting for.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Upon entering the floor looks dingy and the carpets need to be replaced. I got to my no smoking room and it smelled like an ashtray. I think that smoke was drifting in from smokers outside. Not going to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
ramadadiagm, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for the review. I appreciate the honest feedback. I'm sorry about the smoke smell in the room, that is certainly not the normal experience. Outside of the outdatedness issues I'm happy you were able to rate the staff service highly! We are looking at ways to update this hotel, and are in areas; we are in process of replacing linens and bed sets (finishing up this week!).

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This was a decent hotel for the price we paid and served its purpose as our base for a recent trip to the Denver area. We were able to check in and out without any issues and the staff was friendly and helpful, even when we checked out at 3AM. The room itself was clean and comfortable.It's close to the airport, which was nice for our early flight home and there is a gas station and several restaurants within easy walking distance. Keep in mind that there is about a 20 minute drive to Denver from anything around the airport but we made this trip every day we were there and did not have any real problems.

The breakfast here does leave a little to be desired. Its always nice to have a free breakfast in the mornings but a couple of more selections would be nice. The parking was the biggest problem we had. The parking lot seemed to stay pretty much full, especially at night, which got annoying on late afternoon/evening returns when we had to drive around and try to find somewhere to park or wait for someone to leave. Apparently the surrounding hotels are owned by the same company so you can park in those lots or along parts of the street and walk back to the Days Inn (not a long walk). We did this once without any problem. The AC in our room was really loud at times and the room always seemed a bit warm but it didn't really keep me up at night so it was not too big of a deal.

Overall, this hotel was nice for what we were hoping for and we will probably stay here again if we return to the Denver area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside of the hotel mostly over look an open field. Rooms on the frontside over look...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patrick P
ramadadiagm, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Hello and thank you for the review. I'm glad you had an overall positive experience at our hotel and very glad to hear that you would return! I do certainly apologize about the trouble you had finding parking; with the large amount of people utilizing our shuttle it doesn't often fill. Thank you for your review.