“Stay in Denver”

Ranked #34 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Algona
“Stay in Denver”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

As usual, our stay was very comfortable. The only issue would be the continental breakfast. It was average but nothing to write home about. The room was fine and the location met our needs. We will probably stay again based on the location and our needs.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Las Vegas
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I am giving this Hampton Inn a 3 rating based on its location, unfortunately it falls short everywhere else. The hotel is located in a business district but is easily accessed from the freeway. As other reviewers have stated there are restaraunts withing walking distance, both pluses!! The hotel website says a short walk to the light rail train station, a stretch in my opinion.
Here are my issues with the hotel: the size of the room was a joke, more like a closet. We booked a regular king room. What we got was the king bedroom for one of the suites. Literaly a bed in a room, with very little space on either side and end of the bed. And no refrigerator! One of the reasons we like Hampton Inn is the consistency of the rooms, this was very disapointing. As a previous reviewer stated I also had to plunge my own toilet. I chose to do it myself because there was only one person working the front desk at a time. Same thing when my husband requested another pillow, he had to go downstairs to get it because the girl was alone. Finally, the breakfast area was out of milk. The attendant kept repeating "it's not my problem" over and over to my husband. This of course frustrated him so he went to talk with the front desk. They explained the milk order hadn't come in yet. Why not send someone to buy some in the meantime? Once again, not enough hotel staff to cover the needs of the guest.
All in all these issues were annoyances more than anything, but definitely not what we are used to from Hampton Inn. We are headed back to Denver in a few months and are steering clear of this place!!

Room Tip: Make sure you are getting a full room, not a closet!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
hampton5001, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel and we certainly appreciate you staying with us. I'm sorry that the room you reserved wasn't up to your standards. Our Hampton Inn & Suites does have many suites that are spacious and include full kitchens. We would love to have you back to enjoy one of these suites during your next stay in the Denver area.
We appreciate your feedback regarding your experience with us. I am very sorry to hear about the level of service you received during your stay. I assure you that these items will be addressed with each department, so that you, as well as other future guests, will have the most enjoyable stay possible. If your future travels bring you back to the Denver area, I certainly hope you will give us another chance to make your stay 100% satisfactory!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 25, 2013

have stayed here many times over the last few years for business. The hotel is always clean and comfortable and the staff has always been very helpful. I love the location. All staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast staff got anything asked for. The front desk helped every day with directions. The housekeeping staff were all friendly and helpful. Very close to downtown and a wonderful area to find things to do and places to eat.

Room Tip: Ask to stay as close to stairs or elevator as the shape of the building makes you walk a lot.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Myrtle Beach, United States
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I was able to get back and forth easily while there to see the tournament. Fine dining was located right around the facility and I could walk to any of them without any problem. One of the facilities offered the golf channel live so I could watch segments of the tournament that I didn't stay for. The staff at the facility seemed to remember who I was when I came by the front each time and asked if there was anything I needed? The staff in the breakfast area was quite friendly and willing to assist whenever needed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here many times over the last few years for business. The hotel is always clean and comfortable and the staff has always been very helpful. I love the location. Very close to my customer and a wonderful area to find things to do and places to eat.

• Stayed August 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 11, 2013

All staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast staff got anything asked for. The front desk helped every day with directions. The housekeeping staff were all friendly and helpful. We needed a doctor and the front desk person was able to help us. They gave printed directions to everywhere we wanted to go every day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Room and staff when we arrived were great! Very clean. Unfortunately the toilet clogged part way into the visit. After reporting it and waiting for maintenance to arrive we received a call back saying we could get a plunger and unclog it ourselves. No change of room, no reduction in bill...NOTHING. Not a great vacation experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Tech Center
Denver Marriott Tech Center
Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center
TownePlace Suites Denver Southeast
Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!