“World's Smallest King Room”

Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center
Ranked #37 of 156 Hotels in Denver
Ventura, California
“World's Smallest King Room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This property is in the DTC area and attracts a lot of business travelers. As of January, 2013, it is in the midst of a renovation of the public areas.

The property is clean and my room was nicely furnished, but it was the smallest king room I've ever seen. Consider a suite unless you're traveling alone or only using the room to crash. Breakfast was a notch above standard fare. There are several of the better chain restaurants nearby, and there's a Panera Bread next door. Pleasant staff. The wifi was, at times, dial-up slow.

If you're traveling with a dog, there's a walking path behind the hotel. Bags are provided for cleanup. Wallace Park, just a couple of blocks away, has a trail suitable for jogging.

Booking this room through Expedia resulted in a bogus "additional guest" charge of $10 per night even though there were only two of us. Booking through the hotel's website gives you the same rate for one or two guests. Expedia refused to budge on the additional charge. Buyer beware.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Richard C
hampton5001, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments about Breakfast being above standard.....We have many nice comments about our hot breakfast buffet....also our cleanliness and being nicely furnished, although im sorry that the size our hotel room didnt meet your standards. We hope to see you again at our hotel and please consider one of our stacious suites, as they are very spacious. Jack Nash-General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Aberdeen, South Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed here December 24th and 25th, while the hotel was under renovation and nearly empty, factors you may want to take into account when reading this review.

Front desk personnel were always friendly and cordial; when we got to our room, however, we were surprised to find that we would have to step outside to change our minds--which is to say "it was tiny!" I would not have thought you could fit a king size bed in there. When I called down to request additional towels (there were two) I was informed that, at my husband's prompting, our room had been upgraded (for an additional $5.00/night) to a suite. We had made a prepaid reservation through Travelocity, so I'll leave the math to you.

While the need for renovations was apparent, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean, and I didn't need to request additional towels in the suite. I counted fewer than ten cars in the parking lot, so obviously there was no issue with immediate neighbors. I didn't partake of the complimentary breakfast and, it being December, didn't use the outdoor pool.

I suspect we'll find something more conveniently located next time we're in town, as this address turned out not to be where we thought it was.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Homelytraveler
hampton5001, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm terribly sorry to hear that the hotel was small, but so glad you enjoyed the suite. Thank you for the nice comments on the clenliness of our hotel and the friendly staff. As you saw, the hotel is undergoing a renovation of the lobby, fitness center and breakfast. I do hope that you are able to come back to see the improvements that we have made. Thanks again for sharing your comments, and again We hope you will reconsider giving us another chance.
Jack Nash-General Manager
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I've stayed at this location twice. Once for businees (1 week stay) and once for a weekend trip. Both times the rooms were clean and comfortable. When I stayed on the weekend, the rate I got made this place a great value. Good location if you're working in the DTC area. Also, there a number of resturants within walking distance or a short drive. The light rail station can be walked to, but probanly best to take a short drive over if it is cool outside. There is a hike and bike trail about two blocks away along the creek if you're looking for a place to go for a run or walk.

I agree with another comment, you can here your neighbors if they are loud or if you have a room that has a door that connects the two rooms. My first stay here didn't have the adjoining door between rooms and was much quieter.

I would recommend this hotel and will probably stay here when I return to the Denver area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton to be near a convention at the Marriott, and we weren't disappointed. The rooms are very nice and roomy. You walk in through a full kitchenette area, with full size fridge and then there's a sitting area with couch and big screen tv, and beyond that, the bedroom and bathroom. We did not use the pull out couch, so can't speak to the comfort of that, but the king sized bed was VERY comforable. There was a large closet opposite of the sink/counter area with full length mirrors, and a separate toilet and shower room. Lots of nice counter space. Breakfasts were pretty good, with different choices daily, and a good selection of coffee creamers, pastries and POG juice! :) Quiet safe feeling location. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Denver, CO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was literally woken up out of a dead sleep because of the person talking in the room next to me. I am (was) in room 322 - so buyer beware! When I was sitting on the couch in the other room (it's a suite) I could hear the person in the room on the other side-not quite sure what he was up to but it wasn't something I wanted to hear!! If you are desperate for a room stay here! I've stayed in a LOT of hotels and i think this is the absolute worst as far as thin walls go!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
hampton5001, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm terribly sorry to hear that the comfort of your stay was disrupted by neighboring noise. While we do encourage guests to let us know if they have any noise issues, we will work with our security team to review current procedures and evaluate our options for a solution. We hope you will reconsider giving us another chance.
Jack Nash-General Manager
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

The room I stayed in had a full kitchen which was perfect for a long stay. The full fridge and microwave came were useful specially if you would like to have a cup of tea in the comfort of your room. The staff were attentive and very nice. There are plenty of resturants and coffee shops within walking distance.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

We went to Denver for weekend business conference and scored a great rate via the Hilton Honors website. Business meetings were downtown Denver, 15 min drive, and hotel was 1/2 the price of convention rate at conference hotels. Also confernce hotels charged for parking, here we parked for free, and paid 1/2 the hotel parking rate near the Denver Convention Center. As you can see our expenses were cut in half. Hotel offers free breakfast. Fresh fruit, okay coffee,hot and cold ceral. Eggs and toast. The gravy for the biscuits seemed out of a can, the waffle batter was not to standard. Upside Panera shares the parking lot, so got a better breakfast there. We paid $70 for a suite on the weekend rate, king bed, full kitchen with fridge. Staff was wonderful, especially Kathy at the front desk.

Room Tip: We were there in October so pool was closed. Our first floor room was next to pool, I would imagine...