“Pets love staying here”

Ranked #99 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Steamboat Springs, CO
“Pets love staying here”
Reviewed March 22, 2009

The main reason why we selected this hotel was because it allowed pets, plus the continental breakfast. The location was good, close to just about everything. My husband and 15 yr old daughter saw a great IMAX film right across the street. Saw another IMAX film at the Nature and Science Museum the next day. The following day we went to the Denver Zoo and tied our dog up to a tree right next to the car with a bowl of water. We walked around the zoo for a few hours, upon returning our dog was gone! Animal control had taken her away. Turns out you cannot leave a dog tied up at any business. in Denver. Had we known that we would have left her with a friend. The zoo handed us her water bowl and a card from the arressting officer. We called and there was no answer, it was a holiday, Presidents Day. We asked "Miss Garmin" our gps monitor how to get to the address on the card and she took us right there. Without the gps we would have never found out. Upon arriving at our destination 2 vans from the animal shelter pulled up right in front of us. I jumped out and asked them if they had our dog in the van. He said he didn't know and that the shelter was closed and that we could pick up our pooch the next day. I just about fainted. We were on our way home to Steamboat Springs, CO plus we had to work the next day and our daughter had school. I begged and pleaded with this man and he said he would ask his supervisior. Upon returning he said "Sorry, you can pick up your dog tomarrow at 9am." I started crying and telling him "I don't want to stay in Denver another night, I just want my dog!!" he said, "Sorry for the inconveinance mam". So we stayed another night at this hotel. The staff gave us a discount after telling them whole story and added that if we wanted to visit Denver again they would let our dog stay in the room. Isn't that sweet?

This hotel must have once been a Super 8 or something. Its kind of old, but the beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was great plus the staff was awesome.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 14, 2009

I found this to be a great hotel for the price. I normally don't stay at budget hotels.

I booked a AAA rate for two nights through the La Quinta website for $49 per night. I do note that it is an exterior entry hotel which may cause some security concerns for some. However, I had no problems while I was there. You may also want to ask to stay on the back side of the property (facing the apartment complex|) as it does back up to I-25 and could be noisy if you are on the highway side of the hotel.

I had two double beds in my room. It was very comfortable and clean. The walls were painted a warm shade of yellow and the sink area had attractive wood flooring. The bathroom was very small, but adequate.

Colorado Boulevard has a multitude of dining and entertainment options nearby- both walking and driving distance. There is a breakfast place on an outparcel of the hotel grounds and a movie theater is right across the street. There are a couple of chain restaurants and a natural foods grocery store in the shopping center next door. You're only a short drive from the Cherry Creek Mall, Washington Park and downtown Denver

The staff here, especially Karen at the front desk, was just fantastic with directions, recommendations and help sending and receiving faxes.

For what I spent, this was a great bargain and a comfortable hotel.

• Liked — Cost
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Steamboat Springs, CO
Reviewed September 10, 2008

In my opinion, any hotel that doesn't give you conditioner in addition to shampoo and is a motel-style hotel, should NOT be over $100/night. Was very disappointed in the property as a whole for the price we paid. Should have been $59/night for the quality. Breakfast was so-so, room smelled horribly like smoke (although stated non-smoking). Check-in/out times were OK, property is within walking distance to the light rail and very conveniently located, and the room was clean "enough", but those are about the only pluses. You even have to pay more for a king size bed. And when I tried to contact the hotel directly with questions about the area before our stay, I just kept getting LaQuinta's reservation line... so communication was difficult.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — price
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Denver hotels

Crestline CA
Reviewed June 10, 2008

Denver is not a cheap city to stay in, especially if you want to be anywhere near downtown and meet minimal standards. This motel is still a fair way out, but it is a straight shot up Colorado (maybe ten minutes without traffic) to cross streets that run you through some interesting neighborhoods with great old houses to the museum/capitol area. There are restaurants nearby.

There is nothing fancy here, but the rooms are big enough, relatively quiet (though there is a little street noise), and clean. The people at the desk were exceptionally helpful. But you know those little signs that say "Forget something? Ask at the desk." Don't count on it. Breakfast is not worth bothering about.

• Liked — Moderately priced
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed March 10, 2008

This is the closest hotel property to The University of Denver. It is well maintained and the staff is courteous. This property is overpriced for the amenities you receive. Unlike every other LaQuinta I have stayed at there was no in-room refrigerator or microwave. Television sets are small by today's standards at 19". There are very few restaurants within walking distance and there is no shuttle to the airport. I will stay here again as it was not a bad experience. I simply believe that for what you receive, their rooms are about 25% over priced.

• Liked — Location to University of Denver
  • Disliked — Poor Value for Amount Paid
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank pittston
Flagstaff, AZ
Reviewed January 30, 2008

I stayed here for 3 nights while my daughter was in a training class and it was just blocks from my sister's house, so very convenient. When we checked in the man said our room was recently renovated and that the property had gone through a huge renovation. Our room was a good size and looked very fresh and clean. No unpleasant odors. Sadly, the tub/shower had a problem draining and the door between the sink area and the shower/toilet room did not fit right. The door was too small for the space and there must have been an inch gap. But I do like it when the shower/toilet area is separated from the sink area. My biggest problem with the room was our last 2 nights when someone was in the room above us. I have a sound machine but it did not cover up the squeeking floor above us. The person was up past midnight both nights and on Monday the person was up by 6am -- that gave me a very short night's sleep! If I stay there again I will NOT stay on the ground floor! There have been complaints in the past about the interstate construction around this area but it seems to be finished. I didn't notice any problems with that. We had a room away from the interstate so I can't comment on interstate noise.
The breakfast was decent -- an upgraded continental. But you must be sure to look all around. It is spread out on both sides of the lobby desk. I need a breakfast with more protein than cereal so was very glad to see hard boiled eggs and yogurt. The price was right and the people were VERY friendly to me. I would stay here again as long as I could get a room on the top floor.

Stayed January 2008
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 27, 2006

My visit to the LaQuinta at Cherry Creek was very enjoyable. My first impression was that of a dated hotel that was a little run down. There is considerable road construction in the area. However my room was clean and comfortable. I asked for a room away from the freeway and it was very quiet. The beds were great and the breakfast offered a good variety of choices. I would definetly stay here again, the staff was very friendly. I agree with one other review that the Cherry Creek name is bit deceiving. The hotel is at the intersection of Colorado Blvd and I-25, miles from Cherry Creek area.

• Stayed March 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek
Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek
TownePlace Suites Denver Southeast

Been to La Quinta Inn Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!