“Returned again on same trip”

La Quinta Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #100 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Midwest
“Returned again on same trip”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Just needed a place to stay as we were passing through. The check in was speedy and the first time we stated was in the back next to the rooms that were being renovated. The room was clean and comfy. Only complaint was that the breakfast area was too small and we could not find a place to sit. But it had a waffle maker! (Love those). I didn't hear any noise from the renovation. After a week of traveling through Colorado, we stayed here again on our way out and this time were put in a room in front of the building. My husband said he could hear more noise from the highway but is isn't notice. Again the room was clean and comfy. That time I missed the breakfast as is closed at 9am. Boo. Location of this hotel is close to a lot of restaurants, University of Denver, a movie theater and the highway. I would totally stay here again as the price was good and the rooms were clean.

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Findlay, Ohio
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We have been on a 36 hour cross country odyssey to get my son-in-law and daughter's dog. He is being deployed and she moved home during the deployment. A national airline was suppose to fly him by cargo but twice changed their requirements making it impossible to ship the dog making it necessary for my daughter and I to travel from Northeast Ohio to Denver to transfer the dog into our custody before he was required to board his ship. We appreciated that La Quinta allows dogs to stay the night. After driving 22 hours to meet up with my son-in-law, we all needed sleep before making our return trip to Ohio.

Riverton, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2014

The rooms are very noisy. You can hear talking from other rooms and people walking on floors above. The service and staff were very good. The main reason we use a hotel is to sleep and the sleep experience was poor. The selection offered for the breakfast was less than other hotels that offer breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Luton
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The hotel is situated just right for visiting Denver, only a 5 minute walk to the light railway which goes to downtown and also other places like the mile hi stadium etc. The rooms are a good size with two double beds, shame there was not a Refridgerator in the room! we used the pool which was great to cool down! and the Perkins diner out front is very good and friendly, we will stay here again.

Canon City, Colorado
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed at this MOTEL while attending a conference in Denver. We were very pleased with the location. It was just far enough from the Convention Center and Pepsi Center that we felt like we had control over our week instead of letting the conference control us. We had asked for a room on the bottom when we booked our stay. We asked for early check in and were told that wouldn't be a problem. We arrived around 1:00pm and were told they would be happy to check us in to a room on the upper floor...unfortunately this wasn't an option as my roommate is not able to tolerate stairs. The clerk stated she would make a note in the computer and when we checked in later a room on the bottom would be available. Off to our conference we went. We returned to the MOTEL at 9:00pm and were told it hadn't been noted in the computer that we needed a room on the bottom and that we could take the last room on the bottom but it was near an area being renovated. We paid for our lodging and took the directions and key...WOW, dark corner right before the reno. Found a parking place up near the MOTEL:entrance and quite a ways from the room. My roommate made a complaint about the parking and was told by the clerk that it's first come, first serve and it's just one of those things that happen everyday. We lugged our suitcases to the room, unlocked the door and almost fell over. The dust in the room was awful, the carpets were filthy, hair on the bedspreads and unfortunately the sheets. Called the front desk and we were told we could always get a refund and leave. We called several other HOTELS and they were completely full due to the rather large conference that we were attending so we felt we had no choice but to stay. We walked back to the car and headed down Colorado to buy cleaning supplies and sheets. On our second night we returned around 10:30pm, not only couldn't we find a parking place but our room had not been cleaned and that we had no clean towels. We called the front desk and were told we could come and get clean towels. During the remainder of our stay we did get housekeeping service but still had no luck with the parking. We will never stay in this La Quinta again.

Room Tip: Skip this one and find another place to stay.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Salida, Colorado
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Staff put me in the back corner which was really quiet until people checked in to the room next door to me and went off, leaving a non-stop barking dog in their bathroom. When I called the front desk they tried to reach the occupants and could not, but immediately moved me to another room away from the noise. Even though I am a dog owner and dog lover, my dog doesn't travel, and I am reaching the point of starting to look for hotels that don't accept pets. This is the 3rd time in 3 trips I have had this issue, but the first time at this particular hotel. Pet policies at all hotels that accept them state that the pets cannot be left in the room alone. Another example of bad owners, and it wasn't the hotel's fault. La Quinta and other hotels need to restrict pet rooms to particular parts of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask that you not be assigned a room facing Colorado Blvd or I-25, they are extremely noisy rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Grand Junction, United States
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I generally just want a clean place to sleep while I am in Denver. Mostly, I am either doing work or getting rested to return home. I have stayed here before because of the location next to places I have to go to for work.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek
Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek

Been to La Quinta Inn Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!