“enjoyed my stay”

La Quinta Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #99 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I went too Denver to attend a wedding and we stayed 2 nights...I thought the room was very clean and homey, I enjoyed the outdoor pool and the restaurant in walking distance as well as the continental breakfast...the staff was kind too. I just felt the ice machine was quite a way to go..should have them located in middle of hotel and lighted paths for nights..just a suggestion..otherwise i had a great stay there!

Room Tip: near ice machine if you are solo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Denver Cherry Creek

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The room was updated and except for some loose bathroom fixtures was great. The toilet flush handle was really loose and felt like it was going to fall off but it did function fine. The exterior of the hotel looks run down. They could use new windows. That said the room HVAC system was one of the best that i have experienced. The front desk was very professional and allowed me to check in before noon. That was much appreciated because I was able to freshen up before my business meeting. I choose this hotel because it was the closest hotel to the University of Denver. It also had the best price of any chain hotel around. i would stay here again. I left to early to try their breakfast.

Room Tip: All rooms I saw had exterior entrances so a first floor room is easy exit and entrance.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The service received at the La Quinta Inn in Denver Cherry Creek was outstanding. We had a wonderful time and beautiful weather. The free continental breakfast was a nice treat and the staff was a friendly as can be. Can't wait to return to Denver - T. Hook.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I've stayed here before. Visiting my son going to DU. Now the prices have gone up so this location is one the most expensive and the quality of the building has gone down. Our room was facing the pool, on the 2nd floor. Once you're in the room it has kept that quality of cleanliness that I like. But yuck on the outside. It needs a good power washing then repair the crumbling plaster walls. The route I walked to the breakfast area was littered with cigarette butts and dark goop, very filthy outside the rooms. La Quinta Cherry Creek you should be ashamed of yourself. yuck I cannot recommend this hotel any longer, for which I posted last year. High price - and very rundown.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ORANGECELL
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We had a little of what a lot of different people have experienced, good and bad.
First, we were stuck in a room that reeked of cigarette smoke/air freshener. We were given an alternate room within about half an hour, yet we were not told that we were stuck next to a particularly unattractive guest, who had already distinguished himself with his obnoxiousness before we had arrived. This we found out for ourselves at 230 in the morning, when he began to play high decibel rap music that reverberated off our common wall. The office staff interceded, yet it was almost an hour before things settle down.
To call this place "Cherry Creek" is completely misleading. It is about 1 mile away from the Cherry Creek neighborhood. The guests in the neighboring rooms were so "low rent", that I wondered whether they were receiving disability income. That could of been just the luck of the draw, yet I think it is important to know whether ours was an isolated experience. Has anyone else walked away with a sense that this place attracts a gritty, grungy clientele?
On the good side, the staff was attentive, and I would say above average. They went to some trouble on our behalf, some of which I thought was warranted, in that we had a checkered experience. The rooms are clean and up-to-date, and have nice features. The light rail line the Denver was a treat.. I hope others will share their experiences more. This is a place that is hard to capture in a few words.

Room Tip: ask for an interior room, that doesn't face the highway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MomoBobo
A TripAdvisor Member
Richardson, Texas, USA
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This La Quinta is a very good location in Denver. It may have some wear and tear on the cement walkways around the rooms but has been kept up very well. Breakfast is fine if you want cold food (yogurt, fruit, cold hard boiled eggs or waffles you make yourself, toast, muffins, coffee, hot tea, and juice). Have had better La Quinta breakfast in other La Quintas but this was okay. If you want a hot breakfast there are options within walking distance and for lunch and dinner as well. Clean rooms, very comfortable beds, with a nice pool.Have already booked rooms here for a return trip coming up.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My son and I traveled to Denver to see his older brother who goes to school at DU. This hotel was at most a 3 minutes drive from his apartment. The staff were wonderful! Very friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable--especially the big beds! Everything was clean and nice. The free breakfast was also very good. Lots of choices with hard boiled eggs, yogurt, waffles, many kinds of breads and muffins, juice, coffee and tea. They even stayed open past the time stated. They allow pets--we did not take ours with us, though. It was very convenient--just off the exit of Highway 25. It was a nice 3 night stay. I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Rooms away from main road, Colorado Blvd are probably quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gmfarfol
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek
Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek

Been to La Quinta Inn Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!