“Diamond in the rough!”

Ranked #100 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
“Diamond in the rough!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Older property and not enough room to park a trailer (but staff helped me find a temporary solution). Only down sides to this stay! Easy access from highway, easy access to places to eat. Room very clean and comfortable! Certainly a notch up from what I expected. Great beds and pillows! Would recommend this place to others.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This hotel is awful. The customer service especially is extremely unkind. I use a wheelchair and was not able to be accommodated upon my arrival at the La Quinta, even though I had made special requests prior to checking in. It was late on New Year's Eve and I was unable to find another place so I ended up having to use a reservation. so when I asked for a refund because I was unable to even use the restroom, i was not granted one. I find it very upsetting and unethical that La Quinta thinks it's okay to charge someone $90 for a reservation and is completely unwilling to accommodate those with disabilities. The hotel has put my family and I to the ringer trying to get a refund and we will continue trying. However its shocking that the staff at the hotel has been so incredibly rude throughout this whole process. The general manager, who said her name was Michaela was extremely standoffish on the phone and told me that this was my mistake and I should stop trying to weasel my way into a 3 room. I did not appreciate this and find demeanor and find it appalling that La Quinta allows the staff to treat their customers with special needs in such a manner. Do not stay at this hotel unless you are completely comfortable with rude customer service and decussating accommodations.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Goshen, CT
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed here for a weekend on a recent trip to Denver. It is your typical budget motel. There are no hallways, it's organized with room doors going directly to the outside. This can be of concern for some regarding security as there is one less layer between you and the world. While half the rooms face busy streets, the other half face the back so if you are concerned about security I'd ask the staff for a room facing the street. The room was clean, comfortable and had everything one would need, including free wifi and a nice large flat screen tv. It's right off I-25 so easy to get to, and is on a busy commercial street so there are plenty of restaurants, stores, etc, even two movie theaters (one across the street, the other about a mile down the road). I did not sample the breakfast but it looked like your basic budget hotel breakfast, make your own waffles, coffee, fruit, muffins, juice, etc. Again, nothing fancy but fine for what it is. I give it 5 stars not because it's the best hotel I've ever stayed at, but it does what a budget hotel should do, provide a comfortable and convenient place to crash at a budget price. There is also a Perkin's restaurant on the grounds, and several other restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank crasher1339
Scottsbluff, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We booked this hotel because of it's location--close proximity to the Cherry Creek shopping district and close to a relative's home. It was a perfect spot to be close to the action in Denver, but at an affordable price. We stayed there twice during our holiday travels and were pleased with the hotel both times. The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast selection was good. We were also able to easily walk our dogs nearby. This will be our "home away from home" when we're in Denver.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Monument, Colorado
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I booked this hotel because I was going to a concert nearby and just wanted a place to sleep for the night. I had low expectations because of the low rate [$65]. Then I noticed it was near a busy intersection near the I-25 freeway, so was afraid it would be noisy. Boy was I wrong! Karen was the receptionist and was incredibly kind, knowledgeable, and helpful. I asked Karen for a quiet room, and she put me in a corner room away from traffic. The room was large, clean, and nicely laid-out - more so than a room I would expect for this rate. Towels were small and coarse but bed was very comfortable. There is a free breakfast, which is the standard fare - not great and of the Costco variety, but it will tide you over until you get the real thing. All staff was friendly and the room and eating area were very clean and well-maintained. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to all my friends.

Room Tip: try to get the second floor, northwest corner.