“a bit disappointed”

Ranked #103 of 157 Hotels in Denver
New York City, New York
“a bit disappointed”
Reviewed November 3, 2005

We stayed at the LaQuinta Denver Downtown for 2 nites recently, and I hate to give bad reviews, but this hotel/motel rates no more than 2 stars. The hotel is very close to I-25 which is convenient for quick day trips in and out of the Denver Area. When we first arrived, the lobby area is quite nice and well maintained. But the walkways to our room were in dire need of sprucing up, and the room itself had a very musty smell which reeked havoc with my allergies. The room was clean, but noticeably equipped with outdated furnishings. The very limited continental breakfast is furnished in an attractive albeit very small room off the lobby. If you are in town with the guys for a Rockies baseball game, this is a good choice as you can walk to Coors Field and LoDo. But if I wanted to stay in the downtown Denver area, I would probably look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2005
5 Thank Phuzzy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Mechanicsburg, PA.
Reviewed October 8, 2005

I stayed at the LaQuinta Inn on Park Avenue in Denver for 3 nights arriving 29 Sept. 2005. I was in Denver for the Great American Beer Festival which is held at the Convention Center downtown. It was a pretty good hike from the hotel to the Convention Center but LODO and Coors Field are very conveniently located from the hotel and easily within walking distance. I had an "indoor" room, I believe it was 201 or 203 which had a refrigerator and microwave. The room was very comfortable with a nice table with two chairs to sit/ read/watch TV. There was also a recliner in the room which was a really nice touch. The king size bed was extremely comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. I asked about a grocery store near by and the girl behind the desk printed out the location of two stores that were close by. The hotel seems to be out of the way but it's really very conveniently located near the junction of I-70 and I-25. No negatives to report about the LaQuinta Inn. I would definitely stay here again. Oh, the continental breakfast was also good with your standard fare served.

4 Thank ntz4golf
Denver, CO
Reviewed May 24, 2005

I found this hotel to be great! It is right next to a rail yard, and very close to the freeway, however, I did not even hear it! Our room was even facing the rail yards. There is a great view of downtown from the property.

Getting off the freeway and finding the hotel, if coming from the north, was somewhat tricky. You have to pull a u-turn at the first light. The rooms were great, the staff was friendly. Except, the guy at the front desk for check-out had NO customer service skills. He was trying to figure something out for the guest ahead of me and never even acknowledged I was there. All I had to do was drop off the key. After ten minues I just placed the key on the counter and huffed off. But, other than that incident it was a great stay.

We booked the room on expedia for a stellar rate. We brought our dog. He had a great time walking along the walkway next to the freeway. Don't ask me why, he just did.

There is no restaurant nearby (within a mile), which kind of sucked when we came back to the room drunk after a String Cheese Incident show at the Fillmore and partying in nearby Lodo. There is a bus stop right across the street. I am a huge fan of public transportation and it was very simple to get to and from the Fillmore (one transfer downtown). I would certainly stay here again if I didn't decide to move to Denver after this trip. I look forward to joing the ranks of fellow Coloradans come July. I may have to work on thier politics, however ;).

Stayed March 2005
6 Thank ashlandbus
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 16, 2004

What a treat! I just returned from what could have been a very unpleasant trip for jury duty. The federal courthouse in Denver is not in the most spectacular area and I am not particularly familiar with the area.

Frankly due to price, I ended up getting a room here for the process.
The hotel is located about 1.5 miles from the courthouse just off the interstate. The hotel was very clean and well maintained with an unusually generous continental breakfast (2 juices, milk, coffee, tea, hot choc, regularly changing types of bread and English muffins, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit, muffins, cereal etc).

But what distinguished this hotel was the employees. I do not think I have ever stayed anywhere in any price range where i was better cared for. Without my asking or prompting, the front desk personnel provided me with a refrigerator and microwave to facilitate a better stay. They provided 'emergency wine bottle opening' maintenance when my corkscrew broke, and gave detailed and accurate driving directions.

When I returned for week two, they moved me to a better room on an inside corridor with a corner view. They had already arranged for a refrigerator in this room. When I had internet access challenges, they went over and beyond by allowing me access to a hotel computer to check my email for critical messages.

The trial I was involved in ended unexpectedly at about 6pm at night.
The staff completely understood and did not penalize me for my (very) late checkout.

Should I ever have reason to stay in Denver again, it is guaranteed that I will be returning here. I was actually almost sad to leave!

24 Thank A TripAdvisor Member