“Convenient Downtown Location”

Ranked #111 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Dallas, Texas
“Convenient Downtown Location”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stay at La Quintas frequently. Below are the pluses and minuses of this property.

Pluses - (1) Convenient location near downtown. Easy walking distance to Coors Field, !6th Street Mall, Larimer Square, and REI. (2) Right next to a Starbucks. (3) Reasonable prices. (4) At door parking. (5) Located just off I-25.

Minuses - (1) Property needs updating. (2) Non-smoking rooms have a smell of someone having smoked in them - we had to change rooms. (3) The area around the hotel is not the best, although redevelopment is in progress

Room Tip: Choose a first floor room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Colorado
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We were only here from about 10:30 PM to 8 am. It served its purpose for a quick night sleep but I wouldn't recommend much more. It is close to downtown and much more budget friendly. The outside is in very poor condition and in need of refurb. Inside seemed clean but had a very strong chemical order. I was concerned the car would be broken into but it survived. It is very loud with highway noise and super loud AC. Beds were not bad. Elevator was dirty and smelled of smoke. Wasn't the worst I've stayed in but would not stay again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pmama
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 22, 2013

So I used to think that Motel 6 was the best because it was the cheapest - but on this road trip from Washington State to Tennessee - I realized that Motel 6 is the WORST hotel chain EVER! Needless to say, I looked to La Quinta for accommodations during my road trip and they were great about making last minute reservations - and i LOVE that they are Pet Friendly and charge no extra fees just to have my pets in the room! Otherwise service was great, love the free wi-fi and free hot breakfast! I feel like I really get my money's worth at La Quinta - because the beds are amazing as well nice and roomy and comfortable with the pillow-top memory foam mattresses - makes me not want to leave! But then breakfast is amazing too, with belgian waffles, muffins and everything you could want. I really loved the service I received at La Quinta and will definitely look to them as my first choice whenever I travel again. Thanks La Quinta!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 21, 2013

No refrigerator or microwave in room. Wi-fi extremely slow; it was useless. I spoke with their tech support and they told me it was ok and would not tell me the speed ( hiding something?). The breakfast advertised as full was not full. They had cereal, coffee, and waffles only; no eggs, sausage or bacon.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Mgl47
Creston, Iowa
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We chose this hotel so we could walk back after the baseball game. For that purpose it was great! It's only about a 15-20 minute walk. The hotel is average. It does have continental breakfast which is another reason I booked this hotel. The rooms were small, especially the bathroom.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Creston4
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Good location if you're walking to Coors Field (20 min.), but bad location if you want a room with a view. The place is hemmed in by two highways in the sky, railroad tracks, a municipal truck lot and a McDonald's.

It's clean, the service was fine, the mattress firm. Microwave & fridge, altho the TV had limited choices. The shower had ample pressure but a hair-trigger temperature control, so scalding becomes freezing very fast. Not enough outlets.

Breakfast was pretty slim; the coffee machine was broken so we went to Mickey-D.

Our AC was insanely loud. Our friends down the hall had worse luck during the 90-degree days we were there: their AC broke down so the front desk brought in an industrial fan.

The pool is set back from the highway. It seemed sort of forlorn, but it was pleasant to sit in the lounge chairs.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple