“Coors field access”

La Quinta Inn Denver Central
Ranked #113 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Within walking distance to Coors Field but because they do not have computer and printer access, we walked an extra .6 miles to find a fed ex to buy and print stubhub tickets. We had been to 2 other hotels in Kansas City and St. Louis and they all compute.r and printer access for their guests. Other than that, the rooms were clean, beds comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed May 31, 2013

It always seems to be that way, huh? Actually this one isnt next to a dennys, its next to a McDonalds. And also Coors Field, and downtown Denver. I feel almost guilty spilling the secret, but this is the best value of a hotel I ever stayed in. So why only a average 3 stars, let me explain;
1) The property by itself (forget about location) is not the most modern, and was obviously converted from some older motel, days in or Howard Johnsons type, rooms on the outside via catwalks, lobby on the inside late hours access by being buzzed in type thing.
2) yes, there is some noise, though nothing all that bad. What else would you expect being next to a railyard. Nothing Dr Joy Brownes trick of imagining the trains sounding like the seashore tactic cant fix. It really isnt all that bad, as long as the horn doesnt sound. LQ is ahead of the game on this one though, with those tv's programed with a white-noise channel, you can choose between running brook stream, daisy field, and moonlight ocean (my personal favorite)
3) The area is not the best, but I did feel safe. There is a all night rent-a-cop in the lobby, and some other 'monitor' in the parking lott. speaking of...
4) the parking lot is littered with signs "registered hotel guest parking only, all others will be towed".
5) the pool is rarely in order, but is outdoors and a little bit ghetto looking, but in fairness, every time I stayed here it was never open.
With that said lets look at the good, and plenty of it.
This place is smack in the middle of where you want to be, right off the interstate and literally a stones throw to Coors Field. (you can actually see it from the top floor of the hotel) It is a 15 min walk across the bridge (trains, turntable and all) to Gate A, and another 5 min from there to downtown Denver. This place is flat-out a steal if you are a baseball fan and I feel like im almost letting out a best kept secret. The sunny side (or as one other guest in the lobby referred to this property as 'the noisy side') is half the price of the luxury hotels downtown, and for the 15 min walk, you dont need to pay for stadium parking, so that saves you another 10 dollars right there. [us stadium tour aficionados also know, Coors has the best value in all baseball, the 4 dollar rockpile seats, you can swing this denver trip real easy financially, and go figure, the rockpile gate is the first gate you pass walking from the hotel] Yes the rooms are small but it was kept in pretty clean shape and its abundantly clear this building has had more cosmetic makeovers and facelifts then Joan Rivers to make it look more "LQ".
Comes down to, this property is average, but with this location and low price its spectacular.
So why only 3 stars, heres the serious damper:
My rather unpleasant experience with the late night check in girl left a rather sour taste. Reservation made online 2 weeks before, credit card billed, I did not cancel. On the drive up I lost my credit and debit card. I called the bank to cancel the account for safety and called the hotel to make sure I still had the room and funds went through. Forget the fact not only have I stayed at this location before and I am a gold rewards member, upon pulling in at 3 am with bloodshot eyes, she said there was a problem and some funds did not go through in full, even after I was given the green light by her over the phone. I explained the situation and though she let me get settled in the room WHILE i went back and forth with the bank and her over the phone, she still gave me the boot as it was hotel policy the room must be payed for beforehand. I understand it is a business, however considering the bank told her over the phone funds are available and will be transferred asap, this apparently was not good enough and I ended up sleeping in my car until the bank got it straightened out. I even offered to go down to the bank myself at 8 am (not far from the hotel at all) and pay in cash then, but that still was not good enough to the clerk, who I could see felt bad for me but was trying her best to stick to company policy. Just annoying how I called only 2 hours before to hear the same person say everything was fine and the room was mine, only to arrive to a different situation.
4 hours of sleep later, and waking up 'on the frustrated side', I second the guests "stay on the noisy side" slogan with the brand name "Aye Carumba" hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed at La Quinta with a few friends for a Rockies game in April. We basically just wanted a place to sleep with short walking distance to the stadium-not the amazing service we were offered. Right at check-in the front desk agent (I actually think she may have been a housekeeper covering for a few moments) greeted us with a warm smile. Headed to use the restroom, housekeeping was in the process of cleaning the room, but quickly set aside their tasks to allow me to use it and also handed me a fresh roll of toilet paper, avoiding both an unpleasant and awkward situation. Later that evening, the staff was not phased by our post-game inebriation (for lack of a better term). They seemed excited for us to be having such a good time. The room was spotless, comfortable and cozy especially for the low price we paid. We woke up late and in an early morning haze wandered down to breakfast. We were about 30 minutes too late, but that didn't stop the agent/housekeeper from our check-in from offering us orange juice and yogurt from the kitchen. Most hotels of this type of market do not offer such hospitality. This was above and beyond what I expected. Both me and my friends bragged about this awesome service to our co-workers hoping to attend a game later on in the season. If I'm ever in the area again this is where I will stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 14, 2013

By reading other reviews, some of the rooms have been updated and have wifi. Our older non-wifi room had two beds that seemed more like full's than queens. There was a flat screen tv, in-room coffee maker, no refrigerator but the bathroom shower was very good. The room was clean and the hotel is ideally located for quick city/stadium access or for travel into the mountains. As others have mentioned, the adjoining gas station includes a 7-11 type store including a mini-MacDonald's. I believe the La Quinta is 15-20 minutes from the airport.

The breakfast room had standard La Quinta features: coffee, juice, waffle maker, cereal muffins and apples. The staff was pleasant.

We would return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were going to a Rockies game so chose this for location. It worked out great - only a 15 min walk to Coors Field. The room was updated, clean, and the manager placed chocolate chip cookies and a bottle of water in the room to welcome us. Our only concern was bing close to a busy street but it wasn't noisy urging the night. Very nice stay. The only issue is the quality of the in room coffee, but there's Starbucks in the next block.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I don't know if there was something happening in Denver at the time, but the people that were staying in this hotel were obnoxious, noisy and rude, we had the worst nights sleep. At one point they were screaming out a game of marco polo at 3am. I told them to keep quiet but this had no effect, I tried to contact the staff on duty several times to no avail.

The rooms were clean but had a severe wiring problem, the TV didn't work and each time I plugged something in the lights would flicker on and off.

I wouldn't stay here again after that experience,

If you do stay there though I really recommend the mexican restaurant next door, it was fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 4/20weekend. great price. Since we didn't have a car and were cabbing it this place was located right in the middle of getting to anywhere.

The rooms were super clean.

The staff is very nice and very responsive helping calling ahead for taxis and reservations.

Great coffee in the lobby.

Perhaps the wifi bandwidth needs a little boost but w/e.

The bed was super super comfy and best of all, the soap and hair cair product smells like an orangsicle, so excellent.

• Stayed: April 2013