“Great location”

La Quinta Inn Denver Central
Ranked #111 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were going to a Rockies game so chose this for location. It worked out great - only a 15 min walk to Coors Field. The room was updated, clean, and the manager placed chocolate chip cookies and a bottle of water in the room to welcome us. Our only concern was bing close to a busy street but it wasn't noisy urging the night. Very nice stay. The only issue is the quality of the in room coffee, but there's Starbucks in the next block.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Denver Central

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I don't know if there was something happening in Denver at the time, but the people that were staying in this hotel were obnoxious, noisy and rude, we had the worst nights sleep. At one point they were screaming out a game of marco polo at 3am. I told them to keep quiet but this had no effect, I tried to contact the staff on duty several times to no avail.

The rooms were clean but had a severe wiring problem, the TV didn't work and each time I plugged something in the lights would flicker on and off.

I wouldn't stay here again after that experience,

If you do stay there though I really recommend the mexican restaurant next door, it was fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 4/20weekend. great price. Since we didn't have a car and were cabbing it this place was located right in the middle of getting to anywhere.

The rooms were super clean.

The staff is very nice and very responsive helping calling ahead for taxis and reservations.

Great coffee in the lobby.

Perhaps the wifi bandwidth needs a little boost but w/e.

The bed was super super comfy and best of all, the soap and hair cair product smells like an orangsicle, so excellent.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 12, 2013

It's near the railway, but I didn't hear any noise from the rail cars. The breakfast area is small, but Ok. I went to the McDonald's next door for breakfast. There is a Starbucks within walking distance which is a plus!
The rooms are nice and have been remodeled since the last time I was here.
The Staff is helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2013

A friend recommended this place for nearby amenities. By that he meant it is a short $10 cab ride from downtown - everything in downtown Denver seems to be a $10 cab ride!

Within a two minute walk from the hotel there is a store incorporating a McDonalds, a gas station, a Starbucks, a neighborhood bar, a well-stocked liquor store and a Dominos Pizza place.
Parking is free and plentiful.

Now to the room - we had a drive-up near the lobby, the bedroom is large and apparently all have two queen beds. The bathroom is also large and well equipped. Our room had a flat-screen TV and free internet.
Continental breakfast is included and served just off the lobby (why do all hotels stop service at 10am on a Sunday with the receptionist busy putting stuff away round guests who might have had a late night - wouldn't it work just as well till 11am?)

Recommended.

Room Tip: We asked for and got (on early check-in) a drive up, ground floor room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Everyone I encountered at this business was extremely nice. The rooms were very clean & I congratulate the employees for that. The business however was located next to the BNSF rail station so the noise was problematic. If downtown partying is what you are into, this facility is well located & very clean. I would recommend taking public transportation. The decor of the room seemed to have gotten stuck in the 70's. I am sure that the carpet & the recliner were still from that era although they were very clean for how old it was. The bed was extremely comfortable. Again, I commend the employees for really keeping up with what they have to work with. I would not stay here again because of its location but as for the facilities, if you are looking for clean, reasonably priced place to stay, I would recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were in town for a Volleyball tournament and were unable to book the Hyatt for the first night of our three night stay so I told my kids that I frequently stay at the La Quinta Hotels and suggested that this would be a good alternative. Boy was I surprised when we drove over to the hotel. First it is not as close to the Convention Center and led to believe and second, the drive there from the center is certainally picturesque...we drove through several homeless hang-outs complete with firepits. The lobby and rooms were clean and nicely appointed. The elevator taking us to our room, which was on an outside hall, was lighted with a 'handing shop-light), complete with hangling pung leading to a rigged outled. Not very reassuring. If I can get my son to download the photo from his phone I will add it here.

Room Tip: The air-contioner did not work so we had to leave the window up therefore suggest you ask for an ins...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family