“Enjoyable”

Ranked #107 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Socorro, New Mexico
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My room was very spacious. King bed and still have plenty of room for 2 hide aways if needed. Very quiet room (Mine was facing the street/freeway) The staff was very professional and took care of any needs that I had. My room was on the lower floor as I always try to get. I didnt hear noise which was a blessing. I slept well in my pillow top king bed with a thick comforter. The wifi reached to the end of the building which was nice. Normally I would have to sit in the lobby. The only part I didnt like was I had to walk outside (it was snowing) to get to the lobby. I suggest they should enclose the walkway. It was an experience walking from one end of the building to the lobby trying not to fall or slip. And everytime I needed to go to the lobby I had to put on my shoes where normally I wear my mickey mouse slippers (Im very casual). For the week ill be here, Im enjoying every minute of it. :)

Room Tip: Im in room 155. The only issue I have is the front door either needs to be replace or needs weather...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gary B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Logansport, Indiana
Reviewed February 19, 2013

From the outside the rooms do not impress you but the inside is outstanding very clean, nice size, comfortable & affordable . The breakfast selection is great,all you could ask for & more than a lot of places offer. The help at the desk was great & they were extremely pleasant & helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tabernash, Colorado, USA
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Very pleasant stay for a full weekend of activities in downtown area of Denver. Love La Quita beds. We've stayed in various La Quinta hotels in the Denver area, and find all of them to be top quality.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank 578marthat
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Upon checking in be sure to get a room on the west side of the building. There's a rail yard on the east side that is pretty loud! That said, the street to the west is a major artery to downtown and Coors Field so there is some street noise there. Ambulances were loud.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Don't let the outside fool you! Right off the Interstate, the La Quinta near the National Western Stock Show has clean, affordable rooms with nice bedding, great flat screenTV, clean bathrooms and new, nice carpets in the room. The breakfast is quick and simple but meets your needs. I would stay here again. It's not stately, but simplicity and value with comfort are present!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

I stay here when I come to Denver. Close to everything. About $6 cab ride to Blake st where all the fun bars are at. And super close walking distance to coors field. Rooms are big and clean. Doesn't look like much from the outside, but trust me, this place is the best for the money.

• Stayed January 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Booked this hotel because it is only 5 miles from the truck stop my hubby was parked at. I don't get to see him very often, so I went to Denver for the night. The room was free, so no loss of money, but I did use my saved points from frequent stays at La Quinta Inns. The overall condition of the room was average. The bed was comfortable, pillows and linens were clean and smelled fresh. No mold or mildew in the bathroom. Shower curtain was brand spanking new. Coffee pot was clean. Plenty of soap and towels. Heating unit worked fine. The light fixture between the beds was hanging loosely from the wall and just needs to be tightened up to look better. The hotel staff were friendly and courteous.

My biggest complaint is that the carpeting in the room was absolutely filthy. I brought our two little dogs along for the trip to see "dad". They are 100% white. Well, after only an hour in this room, their feet, bellies, ears and chins were very dark grey from the dirty carpeting. My hubby's white socks were also very dirty from walking around without his shoes. There is no excuse in the world for the carpeting in a hotel room to be this dirty.

The hotel is located right at the junction of Interstate 25 and Interstate 70, so I imagine there is quite a bit of exhaust dust in the air. However routine vacuuming and shampooing of the carpet would be necessary for this place to keep clean. The traffic noise is not too bad, and it was quiet once we wanted to sleep. Some guests may have issue with the two interstates being on one side of the hotel and the railroad being on the other side. If you must stay here, request a room on the interstate side. The train comes through around 3 a.m. It didn't blast the horn, but it was just enough to wake me up. My hubby is accustomed to sleeping in his truck, so the traffic and train noise did not bother him.

The Mexican restaurant out front was delicious, and priced accordingly.

IF the carpet had been cleaner, I would rate this location as average - very good, but I was very disappointed because of the condition of my dogs.

Room Tip: Make sure to request a room away from the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank B H

Travelers are raving about these Denver hotels