“Cozy and Comfortable”

La Quinta Inn Denver Central
Ranked #112 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in late October. We had been traveling all day, the weather had turned very cold, snow in the forcast and we were catching Amtrak early the next morning. The hotel was easy to find from the airport - we took a city bus. The dining area and rooms have been updated. Be aware that the rooms are all exterior doors. Our room had a desk, comfortable chair and king size bed. The bathroom had plenty of counter space which made it very easy for both of us to get ready in the morning. The only item not provided was in the bathrom was lotion. Shampoo and conditioner were there. The breakfast was wonderful with yogart, hardboiled eggs, fruit, sweet rolls, juice and coffee - plenty to get us started on what turned out to be a snowy morning. The staff were helpful and cordial. There is a decent sports bar within walkig distance which served nicely for dinner. The hotel called us a cab in the morning and we were on our way. The hotel is 5 minute cab ride to the temporary Amtrak station that is currently being used.

Room Tip: There is an elevator so room location is not a problem. Ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Denver Central

Reviewed November 8, 2012

While there were a few things I found after a four day stay here that seemed cheap of the hotel, e.g., no free newspaper, the one thing I wanted to warn potential customers about is the WiFi is only about .63Mbps. I measured multiple times over my stay. This tells me the hotel has probably only purchased a 3/4 Mbps link thru DSL. This is basically the slowest service you can buy. This is not appropriate for a hotel!

Let the buyer beware,

Pete

Room Tip: Be sure your room does not face the train yard!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Older LaQuinta, so not very pretty on the outside, but all the rooms have been updated and remodeled. New TVs, chairs, carpet, curtains, etc. Great for Rockie games, just walk across the bridge. I will stay here again. Great for Downtown, easy access from interstates. Pet Friendly, no fees. Free parking. Pool. Internet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the lobby.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
A TripAdvisor Member
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I come to Denver regularly for music shows and Rockies games. The location is great for quick and easy downtown access. I can get on and off the Interstate easily because it's right here. So is access to Denver's great pedestrian/bicycle trail system. Yes, the hotel is near a large rail yard, but I like trains and enjoy watching them. I could stay right in downtown for three times the money, but it's not worth it to me, and it wouldn't be any more convenient. The rooms are great and have always been very clean, and the staff has always been exceptionally friendly and helpful. I look forward to staying here on my next trip to Denver.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Don't let the name fool you. It is a 40 minute walk to Downtown Denver and the hotel is in a seedy neighborhood. After I heard an argument right outside my door and then glass breaking, I moved the chair in my room in front of the door. Noise from the highway kept me awake, wifi didn't work, towels were paper thin and room was dirty when I checked in.

The best was held for last though. I unplugged my iPhone charger from the wall and sparks flew out of the socket, knocking out power to the room. Had to get ready at 5am in the dark because I had no power. Guess I should count myself lucky as I wasn't electrocuted.

Like others though, I found the front desk staff very friendly.

Stayed at La Quinta to help save my company money, but you definitely get what you pay for.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Cmb255s
Reviewed October 18, 2012

While the exterior of the hotel is a bit old looking, the room we stayed in was recently renovated and lovely. The staff was exceptionally attentive and pleasant. I will definitely stay here again should I get a chance to go back to Denver. Very well located to easily move around the city.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family