“Don't judge a book by it's cover!!”

La Quinta Inn Denver Central
Ranked #109 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Mississippi
“Don't judge a book by it's cover!!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Older LaQuinta, so not very pretty on the outside, but all the rooms have been updated and remodeled. New TVs, chairs, carpet, curtains, etc. Great for Rockie games, just walk across the bridge. I will stay here again. Great for Downtown, easy access from interstates. Pet Friendly, no fees. Free parking. Pool. Internet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the lobby.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I come to Denver regularly for music shows and Rockies games. The location is great for quick and easy downtown access. I can get on and off the Interstate easily because it's right here. So is access to Denver's great pedestrian/bicycle trail system. Yes, the hotel is near a large rail yard, but I like trains and enjoy watching them. I could stay right in downtown for three times the money, but it's not worth it to me, and it wouldn't be any more convenient. The rooms are great and have always been very clean, and the staff has always been exceptionally friendly and helpful. I look forward to staying here on my next trip to Denver.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Don't let the name fool you. It is a 40 minute walk to Downtown Denver and the hotel is in a seedy neighborhood. After I heard an argument right outside my door and then glass breaking, I moved the chair in my room in front of the door. Noise from the highway kept me awake, wifi didn't work, towels were paper thin and room was dirty when I checked in.

The best was held for last though. I unplugged my iPhone charger from the wall and sparks flew out of the socket, knocking out power to the room. Had to get ready at 5am in the dark because I had no power. Guess I should count myself lucky as I wasn't electrocuted.

Like others though, I found the front desk staff very friendly.

Stayed at La Quinta to help save my company money, but you definitely get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Cmb255s

Travelers are raving about these Denver hotels

Texas
Reviewed October 18, 2012

While the exterior of the hotel is a bit old looking, the room we stayed in was recently renovated and lovely. The staff was exceptionally attentive and pleasant. I will definitely stay here again should I get a chance to go back to Denver. Very well located to easily move around the city.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 18, 2012

the people that work at this hotel are some of the worst at customer service i have ever seen. I had maids coming into my room uninvited while there was a do not disturb sign on the door. The rooms are not that clean and you can smell the industrial sanitizer they use to clean the room. The location is not convinient, theres always traffic on the interstate right there, downtown is close but there are plenty of hotels downtown that will treat you WAY better for the same amount of money. I would strongly recommend to stay away from this place, you can do better elsewhere. I would say this place needs new ownership asap. La quinta in general is an overpriced motel 6.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were very impressed with the newness of the room! It looked as if it was recently remodeled and it was very clean and quite large. The bathroom was also very roomy and nice! Our check-in went smoothly and fast and the person checking us in was very friendly and even called our room after we got there, to see if everything was satisfactory. We used a taxi to get downtown and it was pricey for only going about 1 1/2 miles! Although coming back, the taxi was $4.00 cheaper, so I guess it depends on the driver. There is also a restaurant right by the LaQuinta and we ate breakfast there-- it was very good and the pla!ce was very clean

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends