“oh boy”

La Quinta Inn Denver Central
Ranked #112 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I can't believe my company paid for the room. The air conditioner didn't work at all. I was a late arrival and stayed in the room because I was too tired to move. I did call the front desk and let them know. Most of the lights either didn't work with the "wall switch " or had a working wall socket. The room never had a fresh smell; it smelled more like a gym locker room than a motel room. The next day I asked if the a/c was fixed and the girl at the desk didn't know, so I went to the room and it still wasn't working. When she came to change my room I asked why no one noticed how hot it was in the room. She said it wasn't on their check list. I asked why no one noticed that temperature in the room was about 80. All she could respond to was sorry for the inconvenience. The next room wasn't any better- a/c still didn't work optimum. The door didn't seal out the light or the noise, and again half the wall outlets didn't work. My fellow traveler said he stuffed towels under the door to diminish some of the noise so he could sleep. Breakfast was ok. What they called coffee was terrible. My boss, who was also staying there, managed to get us moved to a different la Quinta. The motel is old and in need of something. There was a sign that said excuse our dust we are renovating. My suggestion is to demolish it and start again. Also the neighbor hood is transient. This certainly would not be my first second or third choice. I would exhaust every other option before choosing this motel...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 543JohnR
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Denver Central

A TripAdvisor Member
Pensacola, Florida, USA
Reviewed June 13, 2012

very clean rooms, air conditioning was cold, staff was good. walking distance to stadium during the day, but not at night. not a good area. lobby had a distinct odor. good value.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stayed here becuase it was close to Coors Field and we wanted to go to game. Unfortunately that's really the only thing good we can say about this property. Seemed like property needs much updating. Room rate included daily breakfast, but menu was very limited hard boiled eggs, a few old and tasteless pastries, waffels if you like them. Room itself was nothing special, towels were thin and wireless internet never worked! Unlikely to stay at this La Quinta and think the chain needs to look into this hotel as it doesn't meet the standards of other La Quinta's I have stayed at before.

Room Tip: Not worth staying at just to be close to Coors Field
A La Quinta traveler
Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Reviewed May 26, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed here. The first was 10m years ago and the last was last week. I stayed here both times because I was using Amtrak and the hotel is a one mile walk from the Amtrak station which is an easy walk provided you do not have a lot of luggage. I found the hotel to be convenient, inexpensive and with a very helpful staff. It is on Bus line 38 if you need to use the bus. The hotel is plain. There are several place to eat immediately adjacecnt ( nothing fancy: a good Mexican restaurant, a Mc Donalds, and several other places). The rooms were comfortable. There is no computer for use in the lobby. The adjacent freeway and rail yards do create some noise, but it did not bother me.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Robert F
Reviewed May 22, 2012

There was ongoing "renovations" that we were not warned about. The hotel is very near the train tracks . . . noisy and the room actually shook. When they moved me from one room to another because of problems with the bathtub draining, I left my pjs hanging on the back of the bathroom door. When I tried to retrieve them they were mysteriously gone and didn't appear until more than 24 hours later when I indicated that I would contact the police about their disappearance!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
1  Thank JAH1948
A TripAdvisor Member
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We love the proximity to the Coor Stadium. The first room smell like cigaret but after informing the from desk they provide a new one that was clean and did not smell.Breakfast was good.