“I have stayed at better Comfort Inns”

Comfort Inn Central
Ranked #64 of 156 Hotels in Denver
Phoenix, AZ
“I have stayed at better Comfort Inns”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2009

The motel is nice, but the staff is not. THe manager was quite rude when I made a simple suggestion about how they should oiperate their breakfast. It was opened late and i had to wait till the lady put everything out for atleast 20 minutes. Their excuse was that the time changed so they forgot about it. Other then that, the rooms was decent and the beds were semi-comfortable.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
traveler
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2009

FILTHY!! Let me begin by saying we picked this hotel (rated 2 stars) based upon a business recommendation because of the so-called cleanliness/price aspect. But where do I begin in describing the nightmare known as room 614. Let's start with the hairs on the sheets. Not many when we arrived (late evening) so I made myself believe they came from the staff as they made the bed. Until I noticed the hairs clinging to the walls on the inside of the shower. And speaking of the shower...teeny tiny bathroom, with an everyday, average sized tub, yet there were 2 power jet shower heads installed...2...and you couldn't turn one off...this means that the water is coming out faster than it could drain, so as you take your shower, the water is steadily pooling around your ankles! By the time you realized how to adjust the heat in your room (your choices on the dial read "Normal", "warmer", or "cool") you were greeted with an intense fuel like smell that lingered all night. The ringer on the phone did not work. The toilet flushed at about 75% capacity (takes at least 2 tries). Sheet of ice from the parking lot to the front door of the hotel!! The next morning after our meeting, I noticed the sheets had been changed to ones with very vivid yellow stains! The last straw! Couldn't leave this dump fast enough!!!!!!!

• Liked — Checking out!
  • Disliked — Showing up in the first place!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2008

I had low expectations for a comfort in on the outskirts of downtown Denver, but I was very impressed with the friendliness of the staff and cleanliness of the room. They even brought me extra pillows! And when my bag was delivered from the airline, they kept it safe and called me as soon as it arrived. The breakfast was more than expected with fresh fruit, a variety of breads and cereal and even waffles. But perhaps the best part was the double-headed shower head with ample water pressure. Overall, if you're looking for a decent, clean and inexpensive stop, this hotel will do the trick. It also offers free internet and a pool.

• Liked — Free internet, great breakfast, friendly staff, free shuttle to downtown and nice shower
  • Disliked — Not in downtown Denver
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2008

I worked with the DNC host committee during the week of the convention here in Denver. I worked in the lobby at this hotel several days for several hours at a time and the staff was outstanding. The DNC shuttle service was sketchy at best and the hotel offered shuttles every hour from 7 am to 9 pm every day to their customers. Odette and her staff handled things as seasoned pros and were a great help to all of us as well. Thank you for your hospitality and I would recommend your hotel to family and friends of mine.
Heather

• Stayed August 2007
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2008

I stayed for one night near the end of October 2007 for a conference I was attending downtown which was also during the World Series. I was worried about my room being "reserved" because of this, but there were absolutely no problems. Actually, I have to say that this was one of the best Comfort Inn experiences I have ever had. The room was spotless, very comfortable and the shower was great (super-high water pressure!). The staff was also very friendly and accommodating. I wonder if I was given a better room because I am a member of there benefits program? I kind of remember being told I would be given a "room upgrade" upon check-in. My only regret was going to the Taco John's across the way...what a hell hole.

• Liked — The shower
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
WY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2007

This hotel sucks it long and sucks it hard. We showed up with a reservation, and they told us that because we didn't confirm our reservation the night before, they had given our room away! Then the clerk looks at the manager and says "should I book them?" , then manager gives clerk a sly look and says "we don't have any rooms" (the insinuation I got here was that they had 'secret rooms' for people more important then me.)
Anyway--they apparently make up contingencies for reservations as they go, and never tell you.
Stay elswhere, I wouldn't give these guys the time of day if they were Noah and it was flooding.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
5 Thank Guy55
Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2007

The rooms were clean. The air conditioning didn't work well. We had to buy a fan to keep the room tolerable. Almost all staff members were rude. Check in was posted as 3:00. After an 18 hour drive we arrived at 3:20. The receptionist yelled at me that we needed to come back in an hour because they were completely booked up and had a lobby full of people waiting for rooms that weren't ready. Our ball team had 11 team members that went down for the free breakfast. We had 11 kids that couldn't have milk with their breakfast because the attendant said she couldn't find any. She was rude to our kids who politely asked for anything that wasn't stocked. The internet connection did not work well. We're a non-profit organization, the front desk wouldn't accept our tax exempt certificate. We called the desk to ask for a couple extra towels and the rude woman said we just sent some to you why do you need more? We had never requested anything. We spent over $6000 for the week and everyone is our group was treated poorly. Find somewhere else to spend your money!

• Liked — Room was clean
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed June 2007