“Nice room, bad breakfast!”

Comfort Inn Central
Ranked #61 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Casper, Wyoming
“Nice room, bad breakfast!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The hotel has been renovated since we stayed here last with a few improvements. The price has also increased greatly, but the hotel has not made THAT many upgrades to warrant such increases, being about the same price as a hotel actually located downtown! It is convenient, however, to the downtown area being a short distance to the Museums, Sports arenas and Theatres. The staff was very helpful in getting us checked in, even though the first room we were assigned was not made up and we needed to immediately move to another on the same floor. The beds were new and the bathroom was spotless. The parking, however, has a lot to be desired. The overload from the Merchandise Mart spills into the Hotel lot, leaving very few available spaces which can be a nuisance at 11:00 p.m. when it is cold and icy outside. The only real problem we had was the breakfast, or lack of adequate food items, the first morning of our stay. The tables had not been cleared and wiped, the coffee urns were nearly empty with luke warm beverages, and the hot food items were empty and not replaced with fresh. There was no juice available although we did share a fresh orange. The pastries, what they had, were at least three days old and virtually inedible. We did complain to the front desk and he did get an employee come and replenish the scrambled eggs with some that had been sitting in the kitchen and were very cold and rubbery. She also added sausage with similar cold, greasy patties that left a lot to be desired. Her response to our questfor a bagel or roll was that they were out. I should think the management should know to order sufficient food for the number of potential guests that do stay for the "free hot breakfast" and expect such, not a lukewarm, greasy stale repast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a "city view", otherwise you look out over the parking lot and interst...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Comfort_Inn_Mgmt, Manager at Comfort Inn Central, responded to this review, September 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

We have undergone new management since your last visit with us. We have made many improvements to the hotel, including adding more breakfast attendants to ensure that everyone is receiving the service that should be provided. I hope that you will continue to make us your preferred hotel in the Denver area.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The updated room I stayed in with my sister during the Denver Gift Show was lovely, with comfortable pillow-top beds and even a fridge. BUT they had no non-smoking rooms available and in spite of the comfort I would never again stay in a smoking room in this hotel. I kept my clothes, wrinkled and sealed, in my suitcase but stench of smoke wafted from each piece as I pulled it out to put it on. After returning home yesterday I have a complete suitcase of laundry to do and had to put my suitcase in the garage to air out. If they're going to allow smoking in rooms, then it's very clear they also need to add much, MUCH better ventilation!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review!

I completely apologize for the inconvenience that you may have experienced on your last visit to our hotel. We have undergone new management recently and made many changes to our hotel; including converting all our rooms to non-smoking. I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next visit through the Denver area.

mpls
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Having stayed here for many years at least 2 times a year. This will be the last time. If you ned to work on the internet don't bother its become snail paced. It brings back old memories of plugging in phone lines. Although you can see the have upgraded the beds...way too soft. And have brand new tvs in the rooms, the rest of the room has gotten more beat up with time. The mold in the bath tub, the duct tape on the tv remote for the battery. Stains on the carpet. Tubs that won't shut off. etc.
The breakfast bar that once was always full with a good selection of food has now become an afterthought. We skipped it 2 of the 4 days it was that bad. You had to wait for food. They have one waffle maker working. 1 - 2 slot toaster. a choice of apples or old bananas. One choice in cereal ( Fruit Loops ) If oyu want to use their computer, the printer doesn't work, that is if you are lucky enough to get on it.
A cart for luggage? Yea good luck with that. 3 carts total and at no point was there ever one as we passed the lobby.
Every night like clock work we would hear the door upstairs slam, and 5 minutes later the toilet seat come down with a thunk.The young kids on the floor below screaming at 10:30 at night. The front desk people said they knew about it. At 11 they were still yelling.
The parking is awful. The staff doesn't care one bit about you as a customer. Three times to the front desk, each time they had to call in the person who was blowing smoke in customers faces as they came in the front door.
P.S. we were told they are going to raise their prices for special events. I wonder if they will raise their standards?

Room Tip: If you have to go there, stay away from the pool, driveway side Be on the back side facing the mart...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

I apologize that you were not pleased with your last visit to our hotel. We have undergone new management since your last visit and made many other upgrades to the hotel; the entire guest room, the guest room bathrooms, fitness center, meeting spaces and also relocated our breakfast into our restaurant. I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future to experience these changes.

Red Bluff, California
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

The pictures on the internet are so off! This place was not nearly as nice as it appeared on the web! The place reeked of paint. The hallways are dark and dingy. The rooms though have been recently redone are still old. Our room the noise from the 25state highway was so loud we had to sleep with ear plugs. It didn't help. Breakfast leaves alot to be desired. The staff is LAZY! Young girls who need more training. Way not worth the $129.00 per night. We are sending a letter to corporate office.

• Stayed January 2013
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have been staying at this location for at least ten years. But, upon stopping here in September, I will never stay here again. The girls at the front desk were just awful!!! They couldn't be any more rude and insulting. Please forget about staying here!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MPLS
Reviewed October 19, 2012

First impression was the strong smelling cleaning agents from the lobby all the way into my room. Can tell it's an older hotel that has had a cheap make-over. For example, tile in tub/shower has been painted/coverered as well as the counter in the bathroom. Duct tape covering the 4"x5" hole next to the shower head was a little disturbing. Carpet and furninshings were a little tired but bed was comfortable and everything was clean enough. They serve a hot breakfast starting at 6:30am that was decent enough including waffles, eggs, ham, biscuits and gravy, etc. Staff was all friendly. Tried to check in at 1:00 but turned away until after 2:30 (check-in time is 3:00). Room faced the interstate and had an awesome view of the city and sunrises but the trade-off was the road noise even from the 7th floor. Other than the occassional airbrakes of semi trucks, wasn't too disturbing but I am a sound sleeper. Entertainment was watching the squirrels dumpster dive behind the hotel because the dumpster lids were always left open. Exercise room was a stationary bike, eliptical, and a full weight bench/station. Outdoor pool was closed for the season. 50 gallon cooler sat in the hall off the lobby the entire time I was there (Sun-Tue) and never moved. Don't know what it's purpose was. Coffee makers in all the rooms but always hot coffee and tea options available in the lobby as well. I know I pointed out a lot of negatives but overall I thought it was a good value. I didn't pay 4 star prices to stay here so I didn't expect 4 star accomodations. I expected a clean place to crash at the end of the day and watch a little tv before bed and news in the morning and that's exactly what I got.

Room Tip: Don't have a room facing the interstate if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mnpossum
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Good central location but no easy exit off highway. My room was clean but the hallway smelled like dirty socks. The mattress was old and I could feel the springs as I sat on the side of the bed. There is a limited hot breakfast that comes with your stay. There is a free shuttle within a five mile radius of the hotel which covers downtown and the convention center. The hotel needs an update but overall the price was right.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo