“Good Value - central location and the price was right.”

Comfort Inn Central
Ranked #47 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed October 19, 2012

First impression was the strong smelling cleaning agents from the lobby all the way into my room. Can tell it's an older hotel that has had a cheap make-over. For example, tile in tub/shower has been painted/coverered as well as the counter in the bathroom. Duct tape covering the 4"x5" hole next to the shower head was a little disturbing. Carpet and furninshings were a little tired but bed was comfortable and everything was clean enough. They serve a hot breakfast starting at 6:30am that was decent enough including waffles, eggs, ham, biscuits and gravy, etc. Staff was all friendly. Tried to check in at 1:00 but turned away until after 2:30 (check-in time is 3:00). Room faced the interstate and had an awesome view of the city and sunrises but the trade-off was the road noise even from the 7th floor. Other than the occassional airbrakes of semi trucks, wasn't too disturbing but I am a sound sleeper. Entertainment was watching the squirrels dumpster dive behind the hotel because the dumpster lids were always left open. Exercise room was a stationary bike, eliptical, and a full weight bench/station. Outdoor pool was closed for the season. 50 gallon cooler sat in the hall off the lobby the entire time I was there (Sun-Tue) and never moved. Don't know what it's purpose was. Coffee makers in all the rooms but always hot coffee and tea options available in the lobby as well. I know I pointed out a lot of negatives but overall I thought it was a good value. I didn't pay 4 star prices to stay here so I didn't expect 4 star accomodations. I expected a clean place to crash at the end of the day and watch a little tv before bed and news in the morning and that's exactly what I got.

Room Tip: Don't have a room facing the interstate if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mnpossum

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Good central location but no easy exit off highway. My room was clean but the hallway smelled like dirty socks. The mattress was old and I could feel the springs as I sat on the side of the bed. There is a limited hot breakfast that comes with your stay. There is a free shuttle within a five mile radius of the hotel which covers downtown and the convention center. The hotel needs an update but overall the price was right.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was at this Hotel just for two nights, for a merchandise Mart Show.

The customer service at this Hotel was So Poor, I would NEVER return!
I was referred to this hotel because it was connected with the Denver Merchandise Mart.
I even called before I made reservation, to make sure I would not have to go outside for this event. So I would not have to rent a Car!!!

The regional Manager Melissa was the most helpful person we encountered. She help me with getting thru to the Mart and when I needed to go back again, " few hours later" I was almost called a liar that there was a Key to opening the door. At this point I thought this was the only way to get to the mart or walk around the building at NIGHT!
I only needed to enter a few times to transfer product to the show..
The others were unhelpful and just downright rude, even the maintains man was rude.
Lack of information was given on how I would enter and return thru each building.

The employee's at this hotel had no idea what I was talking about. And to top it off, did not even tried to help me or even try to find out for me.
Why would a Hotel be connected to a Merchandise Mart if there was no information on how to let us thru.
There were THREE people behind the deck could not help me with this matter. Not one even offered the shuttle service.

This Is NOT a good place to go if you are Merchasndiseing at the Mart!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Booked the room on Choice Hotels so had to stay non-refundable. Check-in was easy because it was already paid for earlier in the month. Hotel old and tired. Found a dirty plastic spoon left on a chair in the room. Room was outdated and the balcony was dirty. Bed was comfortable except those short pillows. Breakfast was less than desirable. No butter for toast. Staff partially closing the doors before 10:00am and picking up the food. Only ate cereal and yogurt nothing more to eat that was appealing. Coffee was not replenished. We have stayed at the Quality Inn in that area and they were booked for the weekend. Our loss, and a better place to stay!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 6th floor facing the Denver Merchandise Mart. If you don't mind bagpipes pl...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This hotel was old, tired, and poorly maintained. Public areas, carpets, furniture all worn and stained. Our room was dirty so we asked to change.We reserved this room on a Choice Rewards so couldnt cancel or would have checked out. No manager on duty to talk to, and privately owned hotel. Place is the Host to the Merchandise Mart/ a commercial buying mart, so salespeople stay here. Breakfast
bar, while nice, was not clean and food spills throughout. We checked out, even with a discount coupon for the second night.A/c did not work well either.

Room Tip: Many other hotels in the area to choose from
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank N0elC49341
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My family and I stayed in this hotel for two nights in June. We went out for the day and left my camera and watch in the room. When we were gathering our belongings prior to checking out the next day I found my camera, three lenses and watch were missing. I immediately reported it to the manager and she took my information and assured me her boss would call me later that day to discuss. She never called. I have called numerous times and been assured "someone" would call me back. I have never received a call from them without me first calling. There has always been an excuse; we need to check the lock to see who accessed the room, we need to check the lost and found, my boss had emergency surgery. All I am asking them to do is call me and compensate me for my loss.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tim B
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My gf and I stayed here for a night. The hotel room was clean and the staff was very friendly. They also provided a free shuttle that took us downtown and picked us back up after a night on the town. Overall, great experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple