“Aleja and Ted's adventures”

Comfort Inn Central
Ranked #46 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed May 23, 2012

If you are attending the Denver Merchandise Mart, this is by far the most convenient place to stay. You need not leave the building to access the Mart. They do provide a breakfast and there are friendly staff at the front desk. This is NO RITZ! I have stayed here a few times to attend the mart and I must say the shower heads and hot water are always a treat. If you do not care about staying so conveniently close to the mart you should stay somewhere else and have a rent a car to get back and forth.

Room Tip: take your own pillows and request a non smoking room. You can eat off site for lunch and dinner at t...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I would probably rate with three stars if I directly booked this hotel. Unfortunately, I booked this hotel through "Top Secret Hotel" deal - chose three star rating hotel and thought the price I paid was very good for three star hotel. It turned out that this was two star hotel and that means I didn't really save much money. It was already a done deal so I had to stay at this hotel. The front desk staff said I booked a smoking room - I don't remember selecting this option when I booked through "Top Secret Hotel" deal - and she also said she cannot change anything if booked through internet. But she was kind enough to change the room to non-smoking.

The room had only one bed (so I paid the regular amount, or more! and staff could not change). Wish they have more bright lights. The ceiling was depressing at first but soon I got used to them. I could hear noise from outside and the heater was so noisy. The bed wasn't that comfortable - a small move shakes the whole bed.

The hotel is located next to the highway so it was nice.

It's an okay hotel to stay if you are just stopping for a night of sleep...

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank jaeuncool
Reviewed October 25, 2011

If you have business at the Denver Merchandise Mart you can stay here. If not - don't. You can get a much better room down the road for the same price. It's old, halls smell like dirty feet and needs updating. They don't move anything and clean behind it. We had to slide the bed over to the wall so our 2 year old wouldn't fall out of the bed and the floor there hadn't seen a vacuum in sometime. I do have to give them a shout out for the shower. The shower was AMAZING! Great massage on your back. It made up for the not so comfy beds in the morning. The breakfast was normal and good. Loved all the choices for cereal.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Unless you have business at the Merchandise Mart, there is no reason to stay at this hotel. The hotel is in need of a complete renovation and is not of the quality that you would expect from a Choice Hotels property. The carpet is terrible and the paint, fixtures, and bedding are in poor condtion. One of the two elevators in this high rise hotel was out of order and expected to be so for an extended period. The hotel is noisy and you can hear guests walking in the room above you.

The small on-premises bar/restaurant is fairly good and the free breakfast is sufficient.

If you will be at the Merchandise Mart, the hotel is convenient and adequate for a short stay. If you are staying for more than 2 nights, you should look elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed one night and the walls were so thin you could hear everything the neighbors said or did in their room. I hadn't slept in over thirty-six hours so I really needed my sleep. The doors on the rooms slam shut so anytime anyone goes in or out of their rooms you can hear the door slam shut down the hall. The bed spread was filthy and I had to remove it off the bed the minute we walked in the door so I didn't have to look at it anymore. I have to say though the staff was very friendly and accommodating. They let us change rooms in the middle of the night to a more quieter floor without hesitation. My brother and his wife stay at the Comfort inn downtown Denver and they love it so my suggestion is to book your stay there instead of Comfort inn Central. They are not too far away from each other.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SandyToes2B
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I had a licensing exam at the Merchandise Mart, and decided to stay at the Comfort Inn Central, which is attached to the Merchandise Mart. It was very convenient to wake up and walk 2 minutes to my destination. On the positive side, it was clean enough, staff was friendly. And the shower was actually great. Wifi was included, which was huge for me, as was a hot breakfast. The outdoor pool was nothing special, but it was there.

On the negative side, it's an old hotel. Elevators are slow. I had to run my electronic key in the door about 6 times before I was able to get in each time I tried to enter my room. My room was small. The hotel's proximity to the highway (and some train line) makes every room noisy - bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper. Weirdly, the pillows on the bed were half the size of a standard pillow. I'm not sure why.

In all, it was an acceptable place to stay. It wasn't less than I was expecting, but I didn't have high expectations.

A note to location. Besides the Merchandise Mart and a couple of fast food joints, this place is near nothing. If you want to visit Denver, this is not a good jumping point. It is an industrial area, I couldn't even find a 7-11 nearby. But if you need to be at the Merchandise Mart, and don't need or want to go anywhere else, this is a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Great staff. Yummy breakfast. Clean rooms. Free shuttle. Next to Denver merchandise mart at crossroads of 70 and 25.

• Stayed: May 2011