“Stole my money!!!”
Review of Stay Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Denver
Stay Inn
Ranked #130 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband went to rent a room from then using my bank card while i was at work. After 1 1/2 hours the told my husband he had 15 min to get out or give them more money or show them my id because the card he used wasn't in his name i work 45 min away. I call them and ask what's going on ask they said is he Cant give them the id and they refunded the money they refuse to give proof of that it wad refunded. I asked why they even charged it and he refused to answer me and hung up. Them told my husband they would rent three room to him because what i said!!! I'm calling the bank and making sure those charges don't show up!!

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed April 2, 2013

It is a cheap motel but not worth the price at all, you are seriously better off sleeping in your car. The day we checked in I was horrified when I walked into the room. We had paid for a month and there were no refunds so we were stuck there. I had to spend 2 days cleaning the room. The room smelled, I had to scrub blood off the walls, the bathroom looked as though it had never been cleaned, there were stains on the sheets, and to my horror I discovered roaches in the drawers. I had to take the sheets off the bed and buy new sheets just so we could sleep in the bed. I spent hours cleaning the bathroom with bleach but there was still some disgusting stench which I'm guessing was mold. We didn't dare taking our clothes out of our suitcases.The hallways outside smelled like urine and there was vomit and used condoms on the stairs. Every day there were people sitting in the stairwells asking for a cigarette while smoking crack. Each night there would be new people in the room next door to ours making a lot of noise or getting arrested. One night the people in the room next door were fighting and somebody actually smashed the window out.4 people died while we were staying there and the coroners van, ambulances, and police were constantly in the parking lot. It was an extremely dangerous place to stay.The last night we were there, there was a shoot out at the bar across the street. This motel is what I imagine hell would be like. PLEASE do not stay at the stay inn if you are at all concerned with your safety,health, and well being. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THE STAY INN!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank angelc233
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I should have known to leave when I saw people rolling joints on the stairs, or when a car pulled up and asked my kids if they knew who was selling crank here. My wife saw housekeeping in action. After people checked out he would make the bed without changing the sheets. When we told the clerk she was offended. Bed bugs, urine, and trash is what the rooms have plenty of. Internet, tv channel's and long distance calls they advertise but do not have.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank chalkte
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Crack heads, bed bugs, drug dealers, prostitute, DANGEROUS, pool filled with trash, this place should be shut down as a public menace, Run for your life the worst motel in denver, donna the crackhead clerk is rude nasty and just a terrible person, rooms are nasty I found used rubbers, used tampons and needles in the room hallways covered in urine and vomit, if you value your families safety then pass this place up

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Magurch
Reviewed October 1, 2011

A few friends and I decided to find a cheap hotel in Denver after a week long camping trip in Utah. Anything had to be more comfortable than sleeping in a tent in below zero temps, right? Wrong. The minute we stepped into the room we were overwhelmed by an indescribable stench, sort of a mix between B.O. and old food, but worse. A quick look around revealed a giant bubble of mold hanging over the tub, a staggering amount of rat turds on about every surface, and a chair that was coated with about an inch of some crusty white funk. We stood in the room for about two minutes, none of us willing to sit or even put our stuff down before we decided to get out. Of course the manager was gracious and apologetic and immediately refunded our money......NOT. The woman at the front desk seemed livid at us for having the nerve to point out the squalor that her hotel indeed was. She told us that as soon as we signed the bill we forfeited our money and "there was nothing she could do". Stay out of the Stay Inn, at all costs. There is a Quality Inn next door, spend the extra money, it is easily worth avoiding this nightmare of a hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank J_R082011
Reviewed January 26, 2009

This was my second time staying at Stay Inn, Denver because my first experience was okay. However it is my last time as well since I woke the next morning to find seven itchy, painful bites on the right side of my body. Although it appeared and smelled like the room had been cleaned. There was something lurking in the bed!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: January 2009
2  Thank sunbeam102001
Reviewed June 13, 2008

Not only did the bed take up %80 of the floor space in the room but the massive hair in my tub was not pleasant and I think the night Janitor checked me inn. I was scared. Dont walk run from this place.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Bigshot1