“Pretty darn good!”

Ranked #262 of 3,123 Restaurants in Denver
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Have had the opportunity to eat here 3-4 times and each time the food has been very good. For someone who grew up on the Texas/Mexico/New Mexico border I've had the opportunity to experience some pretty good Mexican food. D'Corazon has become one of my favorite places to get good Mexican food in the Denver area. Only been to the downtown location which is about 25 miles from where I live. Would highly recommend. I found the tacos and enchiladas to be my favorite.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

This restaurant has a very friendly staff. The menu is a pretty good size. I loved the refried beans here! They were different than other restaurants. I really enjoyed my meal. Definatley a place to try for mexican cuisine!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

This is by far the best Mexican restaurant in town, excellent food, fast service and nice environment. The only thing they need to improve is the space, please expand!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Seriously -- you can eat your weight in their guac and chips. Great place to go for lunch but it will get busy -- you might have to wait. There is a reason for this.... it's because the food is outstanding. Service can be hit or miss, so if you are in a big hurry during the lunch hour, this is not your place. But since you are eating this deliciousness, you should be taking your time to enjoy it anyway.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I moved from Denver back to sunny, WARM south Florida in February of 2012, but just went back to Denver to visit family and friends (mid Oct. 2013). My brother offered to take me out to dinner anywhere I wanted. Lo and behold, the local 5280 Magazine had a special issue on the 25 best restaurants in Denver. I perused the magazine, and although there were some tempting gourmet choices, I decided I should eat something I can't get in south Florida where I now live: great Mexican food. (We have great Cuban, Dominican, Venezuelan, etc., but after decades in south Florida I have yet to find a truly great Mexican restaurant).

My brother and his wife had never been to D'Corazón so I thought it would be perfect to introduce him to my absolute, all-time favorite Mexican restaurant in Denver.

Now, to be fair, I should disclose to Trip Advisor readers that I lived in Morelia, Michoacán, México for nine years - so I can honestly claim that I know really, REALLY great Mexican food, and that is exactly why D'Corazón is my hands-down favorite. Give me green chile smothered enchiladas or crispy stuffed jalapeños, or red chile smothered burritos, and I'm a happy woman! Even the rice and beans have that oh-so-yummy home-cooked flavor!

Don't try and be a show-off by asking for "extra" hot or "extra" jalapeños - you'll be sorry! Just pretend you are in Mexico because they don't tone down the heat for you gringos - their plates are spicy but flavorful, with just the right amount of other condiments like comino or cilantro to let you know that this is the real deal.

And don't get me started on their margaritas, because after all, I had to drive home, but they are truly scrumptuous! Try the more unusual ones on the drink menu - you won't be disappointed!

Be sure to try the home made flan (that sweet, silky pudding with caramilized sugar) or the sopaipillas (2 giant ones, drizzled with honey) for dessert!

My only suggestion is to get there early - they get crowded most nights and it's only first-come, first-serve, ...no reservations. If there's a line when you get there - STAY - it's worth the wait!

Can't wait to go back again! I really wish they'd open a "sucursal" in south Florida!

Open Monday through Saturday - closed Sunday.

Been to D'corazon? Share your experiences!