“True Mexican Dishes”

Ranked #281 of 3,104 Restaurants in Denver
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed November 5, 2012

All the dishes are prepared true south of the border style.
I love their crispy rellenos and also the carnitas. Their green chili and salsa and chips always are tasty and satisfying. I always take extra to take home. Pleasant servers make this a good experience as well. They also serve great margs!
Open for lunch and dinner, located right in the heart of LoDo. Very popular place. That says it all.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I work about 4 blocks away and when you never have to go alone because everyone loves it. The combination plates are wonderful Their green chili is top-notch and I'd putt the chili rellenos against just about any in town.
The irony is that the biggest Mexican restaurant in the area is directly across the street and compared to D'Corazon, Rio's food is not actually food. Try D'Corazon, you'll love it.

Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

We had the carnitas platter and fajitas. Both dishes were good. The carnitas was fresh meat and not over cooked like other places. The fajitas was good too. Don't order guacamole as an appetizer because its included in the entree.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I rate this poor for food, but good for service. Pretty good, strong margarita, but the food..... My friend and I ordered mixed fajitas for one to share. The tortillas were large like Lupe Tortilla, but the meat was pretty tasteless, like they didn't put any spices on. The salsa on the other hand was so hot and spicy, we couldn't eat it. We also ordered queso to go with the fajitas, but what we got was nothing I'd call queso. When I told the waiter it was so hot and not cheese, he said it was green chili sauce with a touch of queso. What I say is it was a waste of $6! The waiter was the best part of the restaurant. Although my friend from Iowa could not understand a word he said, me being from Texas understood his Mexican accent perfectly. He was funny and understood why we were not pleased with the food, but there was nothing he could do. Needless to say, if I return to Denver, I will not be eating at D'Corazon. I may stop by and say como esta, but that's it.

1  Thank jntgriff
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a great, family run, Mexican restaurant in Downtown Denver, very close to the 16th street promenade.....Chips and Salsa arrived promptly, without any request, within a minute after our arrival at the restaurant. The salsa was very good, a little on the spicy side. Chips were nice and crispy and NOT over salted (a pet peeve of mine)......The queso dip with beef was the best I have ever had anywhere......the Carnitas was also delicious and I would put these in the top 3 of any dish I have ordered at a mexican restaurant.....Refried beans were decent but nothing special. Overall, I would give this place a solid 9 out of 10, all things considered.

Been to D'corazon? Share your experiences!