“Lots of bang for your buck. ”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver
Ranked #47 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Lots of bang for your buck. ”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Full service amenities. Great pool, hot tub and sauna. Has a cafe on site. We didn't use it. Very clean. Soft beds. Nice desk personnel. Didn't "need" anything so can't rate other people working there. Zero complaints. We will stay here again.

Stayed November 2013
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Hyannis Visitor -

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver! We take pride in offering our guests first-rate amenities, clean comfortable rooms, and friendly staff. For whatever reason you're in Denver, we're a wonderful home away from home - easy access to the highways, ample free parking, and close to Denver's best attractions and shopping. I hope you come down to visit us often - check out our great rates for December shopping trips!

Allen Paty, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Polish first
Mesa, United States
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Fresh linen smell, great in room coffee, awesome shampoo and conditioner :) When I arrived my room smelled like smoke. I reported it to the front desk on the phone. Within minutes, my room was changed and Hilton Double Tree exceeded my expectations, and that is hard to do I admit. Well done Hilton!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Andrew -

I'm so glad you called us immediately when you found your room smelled smoky. We strive to offer a smoke-free facility to our guests and were more than happy to make it right for you at once. As well, it allows us to initiate the deep cleaning and goods replacement as soon as possible to make the room fresh again. I'm delighted you enjoyed your second room and appreciate your feedback about your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver. We're not so very far away from Arizona so I hope you'll make us your home base on your future visits to Denver!

Germany
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel was lovely, the quest services (Les) did a great job arranging town car service prior to my arrival and they provided great service when I arrived. The hotel lobby is very beautiful, well decorated and the lobby bar and main bar was both reasonably priced for top shelf liquor. They also have a Starbucks on site which was a nice touch.

I ate breakfast there everyday, the steak wasn't that good the first day so the rest of the time I stuck with normal breakfast food and it was great. Reasonably priced for a hotel, a little on the higher end for some I am sure but ranging from 10-18 per meal per person was not bad.

The hotel also had a shoe shine place, Mr. Park was amazing, shined my shoes two different days and gave stories of the hotel and things to do in the local area. Great service and a nice touch.

I didnt use the hot tub or pool, it was always full of kids, and since I have both at home it was not a need for me to be surrounded by kids.

The room was nice and served a purpose. If you have a choice don't let them give you a room on the 2nd floor, unless you like a view of the adjacent roof.

The hallways seemed to be a bit dated, which threw me because everything else about this hotel was very lovely.

Hotel has an ATM, AVIS car rental service and two different dinner menus, the Fillet at the bar was good, but the french dip was not. It was hit or miss at the bar for food, but servers were very good and when I complained that the french dip was not good they comped me a free drink even though I had no problem paying for my food/service.

Great hotel, great location in relation to downtown.

Room Tip: Save your Starbucks cup, if you keep it you can get free drinks everyday at the Starbucks, just take...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Joshua -

Thank you so much for your great review and feedback from your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver. I'm delighted you enjoyed the many extras we're proud to offer our guests: Starbucks and deli in the lobby, Avis car rental, ATM, Mr. Park's famous shoe shine. I will most certainly share your comments with our Director of Food & Beverage - both the good to pass along to our friendly staff and the room for improvement to discuss with the chef. We value our repeat customers and strive to make every stay a comfortable, enjoyable experience. If I can be of any assistance when you're in Denver, please contact me.

Florida, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2013

A little better than average hotel. Heat / air conditioning unit was loud and blew hot and then cold air versus maintaining a level temp. Parking is very inadequate for the number of rooms at the hotel. Wasn't a bad stay just very average.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Butch -

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us this week. I certainly apologize for the issues with the HVAC unit in your room and can assure you I have discussed it with our Director of Engineering for immediate replacement. As well, I'm sorry parking was tight when you were here. With over 600 free parking spaces, it's very unusual to have trouble finding a spot; however, our staff is always pleased to assist at the front entrance. I hope you will visit us again and allow us to demonstrate our commitment to providing a great experience for our guests. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the meantime.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

comfortable rooms, nice breakfast, good concierge, good value, internet speed was a bit slow, but pleased with the experience. would recommend this to others staying in the Denver area with good access to the airport and the freway

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Dave -

I'm so pleased to see you enjoyed your visit to the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver! Our teammembers and I take pride in providing comfortable lodging and friendly service at competitive rates. As you mentioned, we offer our guests convenient transportation options - whether it's our free airport shuttle, easy Interstate access, or our ample free parking. I appreciate your feedback regarding internet speed and will certainly pass your comment along to our IT person. I hope we see you again soon!

Rome, Georgia
Reviewed October 29, 2013

If you are looking for a clean hotel with great prices then this is the place for you. It is only 20 min. from the Denver airport. The hotel provided a shuttle to the airport for free, which is a nice service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Melissa -

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver this week. We're quite proud of the transportation options we offer our guests! We have the largest free airport shuttle operation in the area as well as an Avis car rental onsite, taxi service in front of the entrance, even a bus stop on the corner. Coming up in the next few years will be light rail service to Denver International Airport with access close by the hotel. No matter how you arrive, we have a way to make life easier! Let me know if I can be of assistance on any of your future visits.

Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We purchased the Bed & Breakfast package with a "Premium" King room at this hotel for 3 nights for $124 p/nt. Staff was nice. We arrived at about 11pm and the first room they sent us up to carrying all our stuff, on the 6th floor smelled like chinese food because someone had ate a bunch of take out in it and had left everything laying around the room, the tv was on and one of the main lights in the room wouldn't work. Strange thing was that the room had appeared to have been cleaned but then someone just came in and ate, made mess and watched some tv then left. I called down and told them of the problem and they told us to carry all our stuff back down to the lobby and they would give us another room. We did so and then had to carry our stuff back up to the 6th floor to the 2nd room which turned out ok. They gave us 2 drink tickets for the inhouse bar for compensation. The "premium" King room was small for a "Premium" room. We paid about $30 more for the bed & breakfast package and the tickets we recieved for the breakfast buffet covered the $15p/person buffet cost,, so we couldn't see how this package benefited any in cost? The buffet was good though,, nothing special. Easy drive to downtown and access to interstate from hotel. Its a Ok hotel. Nothing makes us want to come back to the hotel but we would if there wasn't anything more tempting. Our favorite thing about this hotel was that it was easy access to interstate and main streets.

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from elevator to keep the noise down and it seemed fine. The "Premium...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Rapid City Skiers –

I sincerely appreciate your feedback from your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver this week. On behalf of the staff and management, I apologize for the inconvenience when you checked in. I can assure you that this was a very isolated incident; however, I have met with our Directors of Housekeeping and Security to ascertain what happened and stop any repetition. On the other hand, I’m glad you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and convenient location. I hope we can tempt you back (hint – we have some great specials in effect the rest of the year) and demonstrate the warmth and hospitality for which DoubleTree by Hilton is known. Please contact me personally if I can be of any assistance.