“Good nights sleep”

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Good nights sleep”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Had a quick lay over in Denver and got a smaller room. It was quit and clean. the staff was great and the service in the restaurant was fast. The food was just okay but it was late when we arrived. If we need to stay in Denver again we will stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelman360
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Travelman -

The DoubleTree by Hilton is a great choice for those quick Denver stops. We have the area's largest free airport shuttle service, which operates every half hour - 20 hours every day. Our friendly, expert staff understands the needs of guests who are just passing through, sometimes unexpectedly, and are always ready with a smile and a warm chocolate chip cookie. We offer clean rooms at reasonable rates, a comfortable lobby lounge to unwind after the stress of traveling, and Starbucks in the morning to get you going. I hope you return for a longer stay next time - let me know if I can be of assistance.

Allen Paty, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Polish first
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

A very nice hotel in a great location. Easy access to interstate, good restaurants within walking distance and a nice big hotel with covered parking, balconies, Starbuck's in the lobby, a quiet lobby bar and a nice pool. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Travel Ute -

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver! Our location is, indeed, very convenient whether our guests drive or fly into Denver. We're just a few miles from Downtown Denver and Denver's best attractions are just minutes from the hotel. And as you mentioned, the ever-growing Stapleton area just across the street offers dining, shopping, and entertainment options for everyone. With our in-house Starbucks, bars, restaurants, ample free parking, and of course, the world-famous chocolate chip cookie - the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver is a wonderful choice for any traveler. I look forward to your return!

Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

The physical facility itself probably rates 31/2 stars. Not really shabby or cramped as Kevin L said, but clean, reasonably well-decorated with excellent service. Staff were almost falling over themselves to assist when we arrived. The other thing that made it special is that the food service for the conference was outstanding. A server was always within reach to bring whatever we might need or ask. And the food quality was better than anticipated; the "hors d'oeuvres" at the reception were way beyond appetizers with cooked-to-order pasta dishes, beef carvery and a mountain of fresh shrimp. And the conference room rate was only $119. Can't go wrong.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Georgia Visitor -

Thank you so much for your gracious review following your conference at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver. I believe we have one of the best meeting facilities in the city and by far the very best staff! We provide great food, comfortable guestrooms, and first-rate convention service at reasonable rates. The DoubleTree by Hilton Denver is conveniently located near to Denver's best attractions and just across the street from the ever-growing Stapleton Shopping District; only 5 miles from Downtown Denver but without the Downtown Prices. I hope you visit us again - perhaps just for fun and sightseeing. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Peoria, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, perhaps a high 3 star or decent 4 star hotel. The free shuttle to the airport is a tremendous value for a hotel this far from the airport and a savings of $20+ each way. The free local shuttles allowed us to travel to local malls for dinner easily. Rooms are very clean with super-nice bathrooms. Staff is pleasant and efficient. Great value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Mike -

I'm delighted you enjoyed your visit with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver. Our free shuttle service is the largest in the area and we're quite proud to be able to offer it to our guests. Should you wish a car for your stay, our on-site Avis car rental is convenient and lower cost than at the airport. We have ample parking, handy taxi service, and even a bus stop on the corner. We've got all your transportation needs covered! We're also very pleased with our newly renovated bathrooms so I'm glad you enjoyed the new decor. I hope your travels bring back our way soon.

Grand Island, Nebraska, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

cramped, just cramped, for a hilton this hotel has the room quality of a Super 8 one-night-stay hotel. needs a remodel. tv is up to date, but it's a joke because most of the channels are in 480p, defeating the purpose of having an HDTV to begin with. elevators are about as big as a walk-in closet, the small kind, so don't expect to feel comfortable.

overall, the hotel has the quality of an up-scale super 8

food is over-priced, they charge 8.50 for one flippin' egg, the bottles of water in the room are rip-offs too, you can walk to the walmart across the street and get one for a dollar.

Room Tip: you get a better value from the Holiday Inn next door
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Kevin -

On behalf of the staff and management of the DoubleTree by Hilton, I apologize for the poor experience you had while you were a guest with us. I certainly appreciate your feedback and can assure you I will speak to our team about the issues. I am happy to report we are in the process of upgrading our HDTV system. I hope you'll give us another chance the next time you get to Denver. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

somerset
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed here for one night and wished we could stay longer. We were checked in by Caroline! A very friendly, speedy check-in! We were handed two warm chocolate chip cookies too! Delicious! A very quiet room looking out to Denver and the mountains! Very clean and a VERY comfortable bed with lovely linen and towels! Very comfortable! Good breakfast and a free shuttle to the airport!

Room Tip: A room high up, looking out to Denver and the mountains
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Bootsy -

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver! I hope you come back for a longer visit to see what a great base our hotel makes for sightseeing in Denver and the Rocky Mountains. In addition to the free airport shuttle every half hour, we also have an Avis car rental on property plus ample free parking - so we have transportation covered for just about every type of stay. We're just 6 miles from Downtown Denver and minutes away from Denver's best attractions. Some back soon - we'll have warm chocolate chip cookies waiting for you.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

When I got to my room my key card didn't work so I went downstairs and got another one. No big deal but didn't even give me a single apology for the slight inconvenience. The woman just handed me another one as she acted annoyed with me. About 35 minutes later I tried getting on the Internet. It didn't work. I called downstairs and asked politely if they could tell me how to use wifi and the woman snapped back something unintelligible and complained to me "we are very busy!! In a nasty tone and then proceeded to tell me the password that they should have mentioned in the first place. They were sooo busy? it was late at night! 2 other employees were rude but I don't have the time to write an essay so that is all I will say.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest -

I'm very sorry to hear of the poor experience you had with us last week. DoubleTree by Hilton Denver takes pride in providing the best in lodging and service so this lapse on our part is being taken very seriously. Please be assured I am personally discussing your comments with the staff involved. Any additional feedback would be welcome if you would like to give me a call. I hope you'll give us another chance to demonstrate the true hospitality for DoubleTree by Hilton is known. If I can be of any assistance, I would be delighted to help.