“Amazing hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Amazing hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

After having one bad experience with a DoubleTree, I decided to give it another try and I am SO very glad I did. This hotel was absolutely amazing. It has everything you could possibly need or want all in one place, complete with a shoe shine station! When you are there, it feels like you are at a grande hotel with out paying the high price. I was shocked at what all it had and knowing the price was SO reasonable! All I can say is.. WOW! BIG bang for your buck!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Guest From Rapid City -

Thank you so much for your great review following your stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed our beautiful property and had a wonderful time in Denver. We take pride in providing top-notch service and facilities at the best value possible. I hope you make us a regular stop on your travels - we're close to Denver's best attractions and a perfect base for day trips to the Front Range. I look forward to your next visit!

Allen Paty, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Polish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

We got delayed and missed our connection through Denver and the airline refused to help cover the overnight costs even though they were at fault completely. However, all our frustration disappeared when we met Ava at the Double Tree front desk. She was so nice!

Not only did she offer us an upgrade she also was friendly and helped us get dinner and setup for the night. I would HIGHLY recommend visiting Denver just to see her! We will stay there every time we come to Denver.

Room Tip: Ask for Ava and she will setup you up! She was amazing for us.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leah E
Dear Leah -

I'm delighted Ava helped make a frustrating travel day turn out to be enjoyable for you! She is one of our great DoubleTree by Hilton Denver employees and I will certainly commend her personally. As one of the closest full-service hotels to the airport and with our extensive shuttle service, we take pride in being the traveller's reward at the end of a pesky travel day. Friendly staff, comfortable rooms, and those warm chocolate chips cookies make the day better. I hope you come back sometime to explore our wonderful city and the Rocky Mountains - we're the perfect base for a fun trip to Colorado.

Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Overall good value, most of the staff are great, the cookie at check in was nice. The pool/hot tub area is great. The rooms are a nice size, but the beds need to be replaced as they lacked support in the mid section. Coffee in the cafe was expensive and not great. Rooms were clean and a nice size.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Joe -

I certainly appreciate your review and feedback from your stay with us this week. I'm pleased to say that we corrected the issue immediately after you reported it but I do apologize it hadn't been done sooner. I'm pleased you enjoyed our wonderful staff, clean rooms, newly renovated pool /courtyard retreat, and of course our famous warm chocolate chip cookies. I hope you get down our way again soon and that we can be your home base in Denver. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Denver.

Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Let me start with the good points first...the room was beautiful and well maintained and the staff was stellar! Friendly, helpful and present which isn't always the case. The fitness room was clean and well equipped and surprisingly large.
Unfortunately, for me the bad far outweighed the good! The elevators are near the reception desk at one end of the hotel which means if your room is at the other end of the hotel, you'll be spending a majority of your time walking hallways. The air conditioning is so loud you can't hear yourself think much less hold conversations with cell...er...roommates. So forget having it on while you're sleeping. It's like having your own personal jet engine in the room with you. Parking was abysmal. There were multiple events occurring on Saturday night. So, even though we'd paid for a room, there seemed to be no guarantee of a parking spot. My son drove in circles for almost 30 minutes before finally parking illegally in desperation. Thank goodness the car didn't get hit or towed or there would have been hell to pay by the hotel! Once you parked, there then ensued a long slog from the hinterland to the front of the hotel then all the way back again to our room. It would so much more convenient if the key card would open outer doors so this could have been avoided! Then there's the toilet...lets just say that every time we flushed it we said, "With compliments sir!" As it sounded like it was being sucked down to Hades by the force of the flow!
We've decided that unless we're desperate, we won't be staying here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Audrey W
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Audrey -

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel's clean comfortable rooms, our friendly staff, and the spacious, well-equipped fitness center. As one of the largest convention hotels in the area, DoubleTree by Hilton Denver takes pride in providing the best in lodging, dining, and facilities to our guests. Please let me know if I can convince you to give us a second chance to demonstrate the hospitality for which DoubleTree by Hilton is known.

Borger, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

When we checked in, we told the young woman at the front desk that there were no parking spaces. We further explained that about a dozen cars were also circling the parking areas for spaces. She told us to park next door at a holiday inn. I told her – they the Double Tree -- had 10 pile longs blocking 10 spaces. They told us that they were expecting a truck the next morning; and that is why they had to set aside those spaces. I did not agree, and removed one of the pile longs and parked my vehicle. I went back to the front desk and told her what I had done and where I parked. She told me they would call security to tow my vehicle. About an hour later, all the pile longs were removed and all the available parking spaces were taken.
Foolishly upon check in we asked for another night. The rate increased from 109 to 149 for the second night – a Sunday. Lastly upon check out we asked for an extra hour – and they refused.
Poorly managed – no consideration for the extra hour of my time trying to find a parking space.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Clay B
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Texas Traveller –

On behalf of the staff and management, I apologize for the difficulty you had finding a parking spot. I agree we should not have had spaces blocked off on a night we were so busy and can assure you I have discussed the matter with our management team. As you noted, we were extremely busy that weekend, which for any hotel will be reflected in parking availability, room rate, and the ability to allow guests to stay past check out. I can promise you that, while we do like to be busy, we are rarely so busy that we have parking issues because we have over 600 free parking spaces. Additionally, we love to be able to grant late check out when possible but as you can imagine, arriving guests expect a clean room ready for them and it’s our responsibility to meet that obligation to the best of our ability. I would be delighted to discuss your comments personally because the best way to improve is by using our guests’ feedback. Please give me a call any time.

Denver, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Upon stepping into the grand entryway the elegance of the DoubleTree is evident. With full chandeliers and lit fireplaces next to the fine couches and coffee tables in the lobby, the guest feels immediately both bathed in comfort and bestowed a hint of glamour. The hotel is one which will not disappoint. Despite the minor annoyance of the refrigerator's noisy cooling cycle, the standard rooms are immaculate in condition and are afforded with many pleasant touches such as the widescreen television and personal office center. The internet is particularly hassle free both in ease of access and speed. The staff is friendly and ready to assist with any need, and are especially happy to go out of their way to address any particular concern the guest may have or problem that they may encounter. When coupled with the delicious dining either from the restaurant adjoined to the lobby, or brought via room service to your door, the overwhelming satisfaction with the overall experience leaves you completely enthused to book again soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Grant -

Thank you so much for your lovely review from your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver! You mentioned those features of which we're most proud and I'm delighted you enjoyed them. Beautiful lobby, comfortable guest rooms, delicious food, friendly employees - and top it off with our famous warm chocolate chip cookies. Even though you're close by, I hope you'll consider our hotel often in the future for park 'n fly program, a shopping trip, or special occasion. I look forward to being your host again soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very nice rooms. They provide excellent customer service. Hotel restaurant has great food. Much improved over my past stays. Not close to much. Far to downtown, but they are happy to give you ride. Taxi about $20 one way.

• Stayed May 2013
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Tony -

I'm glad to hear you found our restaurant to be improved! At the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver, we take great pride in our customer service and response to guest feedback. I would welcome the chance sometime to demonstrate how centrally located we are to the best Denver has to offer for your next visit. Just across the street is the Stapleton area with shopping, dining, and entertainment; Northfield Shopping District is just a few minutes away; and as you discovered, Downtown Denver is a short cab ride. With our complimentarty airport shuttle system and Avis car rental onsite, your transportation needs are covered!