“Not downtown.”

Tijuana, Mexico
“Not downtown.”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Very nice hotel.
Pool made me smell like mildew.
Nice outdoor jacuzzi.
Yummy, warm cookies on check-in.
Parking is free.
Rooms are nice and very clean.
Not in downtown Denver. Nothing close by, gotta drive everywhere.
Our breakfast was free with the government rate.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the mountains. Great views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear San Diego Visitor -

I'm happy to hear to about your stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver earlier this month. I appreciate the feedback about our pool and have looked into it with our Director of Engineering. Otherwise, I'm delighted you enjoyed our warm chocolate chip cookies and clean spacious rooms. I agree that a car is the easiest way to get around - Denver's best attractions, shopping, and Downtown are all within 5 to 10 miles - but I hope you check out the Stapleton area next time you visit. It's growing every day with shops, entertainment, dining - and all right across the street. We also offer afternoon shuttle service to the Northfield Shopping area, which is an increasingly popular new district. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance the next time you're our guest!

Allen Paty, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Polish first
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Right off the bat I was picked up by the shuttle at the airport and arrived right on time, it was the same thing going back to the hotel as well. We were greeted by the front desk with smiles, the only disappointing thing was the Doubletree cookies, they were not warm and soft, they were hard as though they had been sitting around, which I'm not going to lie, I had been looking forward to that cookie the whole day.

The room was average, pretty small, the office chair was worn out. Otherwise, everything else was fnie, nothing out of the ordinary or really special. It is a huge hotel and my room was on the 5th floor and a long way down the hall, but I was only there for one day so it didn't really matter.

The lobby is huge with lots of places to just sit and hangout. There are 3 computer stations with free internet and a printer. It was one of the busiest hotels I have seen, there were always a ton of people in the lobby area. Lots of shops and restaurants near by within walking distance. Overall a good stay. But step it up with those cookies, they are suppose to be your signature.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Brittany -

Thank you for review following your stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver. I will certainly look into the cookie situation you encountered because you're quite right - we're proud of our warm chocolate chip cookie welcome. On the other hand, I'm glad to hear you took advantage of our airport shuttle, the largest hotel shuttle operation in the state. It's a great amenity for our guests as well as having the Avis Car Rental desk in the lobby. I hope your travels bring you back to Denver soon so we can get you those cookies. Please let me know if I can help in that regard!

Aspen, CO
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here several times and each time the staff has been super friendly and very accommodating. We have stayed here with our 3 kids and our kids love the cookies, the pool, and generally walking around like they own the place. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The location is great whether we were headed downtown or attending a soccer game or chasing any of the other great activities Denver has to offer. Can't wait to escape from the mountains again at the DoubleTree.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Friend From Aspen -

We at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver are delighted to be your home away from home when you visit the Front Range. As you've discovered, we're central to Downtown Denver, shopping, sports venues, and all the fun things to do in our city. We're looking forward to your family's next visit - there are some warm chocolate chip cookies with your names on them!

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed October 1, 2012

After missing a connection at Denver, we were offered the Doubletree Denver by the airline at a discounted rate. The ride from the airport took about 20 minutes by using the complimentary shuttle.

Upon arrival we were greeted by the check-in clerk and we were offered some cookies as a welcome gift, which was a nice touch. We were then given a two double bed room which was pretty standard and of normal size with all amenities you expect from a Doubletree. The bathroom was instead quite small and seemed in need of some renovation.

The hotel infrastructure in general was good with a nice bar/restaurant area, a Starbucks, complimentary PC/internet in the lobby. All in all a decent place for a stopover, but not as good as other Doubletree hotels we have stayed in. For the price paid, it was nevertheless good value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear GioVale20 -

At the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver, we enjoy taking care of our guests who have had their travel plans interrupted. We understand the frustration of travel delays and strive to make your unexpected stay with us a great one. Starting with free shuttle service from the airport, a warm chocolate chip cookie, and friendly staff - we take pride in being the Traveler's Reward at the end of the day. I appreciate your feedback about the guestroom bathroom. We're in the process of renovating all of our bathrooms and the ones that are completed are terrific. I hope you'll come back to Colorado for a planned stay with us - to see our improvements and all Denver has to offer within minutes of the hotel. Please let me know if I can be of assistance on your return.

Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed September 27, 2012

***OUTSTANDING*** Hotel, they really out did them selves on all aspects from the warm cookie to the room to the dinner located in the hotel... Hands down outstanding service all around. Serves a full breakfast, Mile high sandwiches are awesome for lunch, all meat is cooked in house and carved in front of you as they build your sammy. Room was great with a breathtaking view, 8 elevators so you never waited on one like some hotels with 2 or 3. All in all great place, Denver has everything to offer, but if your confined to the hotel they offer everything to make your stay great, the bar stays open till 1am and serve most food that is in the main dinning area till 11 or midnight, so you will never go hungry, and the Chef is top notch, if you have an allergy let the server know, they off all kinds of food and since its made fresh they can leave out certain things you cant have and still enjoy a great meal.

Room Tip: Remember Denver gets sun 300 days a years so stay on the opposite side the sun comes up if your a la...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Virginia Visitor -

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver. I'll be sure to pass along your praise for our Wake Up breakfast buffet and Mile High Sandwich deli to our staff - both are popular items with our guests. We take pride in providing a home-away-from-home place for people to relax and have every need catered to. We look forward to your next visit "Out West" and making your trip to Denver special.

Upstate, NY
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed in the Double Tree while spending a night out in Denver followed by a Broncos game at Sports Authority. The location wasn't perfect- but only a $20 can ride to the 16th Street Promenade. However, the hotel itself was great. Very friendly concierge and front desk staff. Pointed out where their bar and breakfast cafe was- which we utilized. The bar had great, quick service and the breakfast was actually a hotel breakfast you could enjoy. The rooms were clean, spacious, and updated. The beds were incredibly comfortable, good / quiet air conditioning, and quick elevators. Not a ton of counter space and water pressure was lacking but not horrible. Overall, great stay and would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Tronkr -

Thank you for your great review of your stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver. You're quite right that we're a quick trip away from Downtown Denver without the Downtown prices. We're also close to shopping and many of Denver's best attraction. I hope you'll return to see more of the Colorado Front Range - we're a wonderful base for day trips to the mountains. Also, I'm glad you enjoyed one of our newly renovated rooms - we're quite proud of them along with our friendly staff. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance with your future visits.

Colorado
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My wife, daughter and myself took a trip down from the mountains for a weekend in the city. This hotel made our weekend. When we arrived there was a small line for check-in, a manager came out from behind the desk and passed out bottled water and mini candy bars to those in line. This was a very thoughtful touch even though we were only in line about 5 minutes. When we were leaving the hotel a housekeeper complimented my wife and daughter on how nice they looked, and at check-out the front desk agent complimented me for my tie. These comments made our morning start out perfectly. This is a very clean hotel with great guest service! We will be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Friend From Vail -

I'm delighted the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver was able to provide a wonderful weekend get-away for your family. We're especially proud of our warm, friendly staff - it's one of the hallmarks of DoubleTree along with our Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies. I hope you'll make many more visits down the mountain - we're close to so many things to do and see in Denver. And in case you fly down, we have free shuttle service to and from DIA. See you soon!