“Awesome Performance: I got a lot of praise as My First Doubletree Conference Host Actions” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver
Ranked #45 of 154 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fredericksburg, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Personal Care and service from the Conference staff outstanding. Could not do enough for us. Conf room set up to my specs perfectly. The staff actually came around to check on us pre, mid and post conference. Reservations staff made sure all of my attendees got connected. The rooms were beautiful--atttendees were estatic. I am happy I encourged them to bring their significant others. The transportation staff launched a shopping center shuttle. Great results. The complimentary shuttle to and from the airport saved us money--always a crowd pleaser. The cafe served great meals, we ate breakfast and lunch there all three conference days. Many had dinner. Thanks for everything.

Room Tip: Reserve early. Tell the staff what you like best. They work miracles.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Dear Kelsie -

I'm delighted to hear your conference was a success and we at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver were able to help. We're proud of our Catering, Banquet, and Reservations professionals - their goal is to making our meeting planners happy and your attendees comfortable. From our free airport shuttle to delicious meals to caring staff - the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver is a great place to hold a meeting. I look forward to your next event in Denver! Please call any one of us to get the ball rolling.

Allen Paty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Eads, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

Average is good for this area. I've stayed a couple of times @ the red lion across the street, & this place is 10000x better. The rooms are very similar to the red lion's, but cleaner & more updated. The beds are soft. The bathrooms need some work. I got a good deal on priceline. If you bid on a room in this area, make sure you pick 3 1/2 *, if you pick 3* you will be stuck w/ the red lion & you will be sorry. The area is being "redeveloped", there are a lot of new stores & restaurants, but the neighborhood is still a bit ify. I am pretty sure a lot of crime still occurs not far from here. Still, the area is near I-70 and most of the hotels have airport shuttles

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Dear Hiplains -

Thank you for your review following your stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver. I was glad to see you enjoyed our guestrooms and Sweet Dreams beds. I'm delighted to report we will be starting complete guest bathroom renovations later this year along with many other improvements to our property. As you noted, we are convenient to the airport and offer free shuttle service for our guests to and from DIA as well as Northfield shopping district. Closer to the hotel are Quebec Square and Town Center - good options for shopping and dining. I hope we see you again soon at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver when you visit the area.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

I was overall impressed with this hotel. I was told by colleagues that they had previously stayed here and it wasn't that nice of a hotel. The front desk staff was very friendly. There was a bar in the hotel lobby which was convenient for a pre-dinner drink. Going out to dinner will require a car. There is a large shopping plaza less than 10 minutes to the north and a smaller plaza to the south which each have restaurants. I recommend the plaza to the north which has more variety. I also wouldn't recommend walking as Quebec St. is very busy (and I don't recall if there are sidewalks). The location was very convenient to the United Airlines training center and I-70. It is not convenient to downtown Denver. For a business trip, I would recommend staying at this hotel. And as always, warm cookies at check in!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, September 1, 2011
Dear DC Traveler -

Thank you for your review of the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver following your recent stay with us. We take pride in our friendly staff, comfortable lodging, convenient location, and of course our World Famous DoubleTree Chocoloate Chip Cookie. I was glad to hear you enjoyed our Lobby Bar to relax after work and hope you try The Cafe for dinner some evening. We look forward to future visits to DoubleTree by Hilton Denver; please let me know personally if we can be of assistance.

Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

I usually stay at a Hilton property when I travel for business. I had a meeting in Denver and booked the Doubletree Stapleton as it was close. It’s an older hotel built back when Stapleton was the airport for Denver. The lobby was impressive and clean but when I got to my room that all changed. When I opened the door I was greeted by a musty stuffy Oder. The room was dated and in need of a makeover. I turned on the AC and it was very noisy and didn’t cool very well. The bathroom was small and dated; the vanity tiny. The shower head was low and I had to crouch to shower. The worst part was the three long black hairs I discovered in the shower....GROSS! The chair at the work desk had zero padding and was uncomfortable, the TV selection wasn’t much better. For heavenly sleep beds, I didn’t sleep well at all. When I checked out I informed the front desk of the hair and other issues and was given an "I am sorry, we will make sure to check on that”. With that, I won’t be staying here again nor do I recommend this hotel. There are plenty of others close by to choose from!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Travelalot31310
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Dear Travelalot -

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver. It is through such comments that we can make improvements and decisions on renovations each year so I always appreciate hearing from our guests. I'm delighted to tell you we are about to start a hotel-wide remodeling. We will be working on our guestrooms AND the guest bathrooms, which we're very excited about. Just this summer we installed new flat panel HDTV in each room as well as a complete re-do of our courtyard and pool area. On the other hand, please be assured I have spoken to our Director of Housekeeping about the cleanliness and smell in your room. Your experience most assuredly does not meet our expectations of providing the Travellers Reward for which DoubleTree by Hilton is known. As well, I have spoken to our Director of Engineering about the issue with the airconditioner. I hope you'll give us a second chance the next time you're in Denver to show our improvements. If I can be of any assistance in the meantime, please let me know personally.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

We liked everything about this hotel except for the bed. It was touted as a luxury bed, which I guess it was. However, both my mate and I had terribly sore backs the next day and both concurred that the bed was too soft.
The service was good and the room was clean.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Dear LLL in SF:

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver. We pride ourselves on providing warm, friendly service in clean, comfortable surroundings - your reward at the end of the day. I'm sorry, however, you didn't like our DoubleTree by Hilton Sweet Dreams beds. I appreciate your feedback to pass along when purchasing decisions are made. I hope this won't keep you from visiting us again but if you have any concerns, please contact me directly.

Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

Looked beat up from the outside but rooms are modern with flat screens, extra electrical outlets, MP3 compatible clocks, etc. Fitness center had a bunch of elipticals, free weitghts and some nautilus. Breakfast buffet is great if you get a free voucher or expensive if not. 1/2 mile walk to Stapleton Mall where you can shop but not necessarily eat higher end food.

1 Thank tmarcone
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Dear Visitor From Boston -

Thank you for taking time to review the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver following your recent stay. I'm pleased you appreciated our various improvements, which are ongoing over the next several years, and am happy to say will include the exterior in the near future. I hope your travels bring you back to enjoy not only our hotel but the many Denver attractions and shopping options close by. If I can be of assistance in the meantime, please let me know.

Allen Paty, GM
Oldsmar, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed over the weekend and were very pleased with the hotel, our room and its convenience to shopping, attractions and downtown Denver. We selected a corner King room which was very spacious with a chair and ottoman, HD TV and complimentary internet. It also had a balcony and some mornings we left the door open to enjoy the fresh air. The bathroom is small. There is a huge closet and plenty of lights. There are several large shopping areas close by and it is only a few miles from attractions on the outskirts of Denver. The bus, which picks up just outside the hotel was easy to take to the Light Rail and then into downtown. . The staff is excellent! Everyone remembered us even on a busy weekend. Of course the fresh chocolate chip cookies were wonderful, too.

Room Tip: Check out friends and family rates. Corner room with balcony is good choice.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mixaconsulting
Dear Travelinkers -

I was delighted to hear you had a great stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver. We take pride in our friendly, welcoming staff and our comfortable guest rooms. As well, as you noted, we are close to many of Denver's most popular attractions plus we have an Avis car rental on property to make sightseeing even more convenient. I hope we see you again soon and if I can be of any assistance, please contact me directly.

Allen Paty, GM