“Reasonably priced at a good location”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #81 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed September 1, 2007

On my recent trip to Denver I tried to book a room at the hotel I stayed with on my former trip, but I couldn't find it. As I discovered later, it changed owners. I was therefore in need of a hotel, which will be easily accesible from the airport and that will be reasonably priced.
Comfort Inn & Suites North East is located off Quebec street north of I-70. It is a good location, accessible to I-70 and to I-270.
A bonus is the nearby large commercial center that houses both stores and good restaurants and saved me the trouble of looking for a place to eat dinner.
The hotel is pretty standard for the chain, and the room was reasonable. I didn't have any special requirements. I requested to use a guest safety deposit box at the reception, and they had a little problem with it, but they evantually managed it. It seemed to me like not too many guests use this service.
Breakfast was continental + waffles.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo

Reviewed July 25, 2007

*Front desk staff friendly but incompetent.
*Phone service rude.
*Rooms ratty.
*Heater worked for only about 15 minutes then turned to cold air.
*Tub wouldn't drain properly while showering.
Asked for Another Room Next Day
*Ice bucket lid was used/dirty/sticky - had to wash it before I could use it
*After returning from a day of visiting family, turned on TV. It was quite dark. Called front desk - was advised there was nothing they could do about it.
*Guests/kids loud, unruly, inconsiderate - screaming and running up and down halls after midnight
*Bathroom was dirty - dried urine visible down front of toilet bowl. Advised housekeeping supervisor herself of problem. She said she would be sure to have it cleaned, but whoever did the job still did not clean it completely.
*Handhold in bath/shower pulled from the wall while my 72 year old mum was holding on to it as she stepped from the tub - luckily she didn't fall. (see pic of screws that I told the hotel I felt were obviously inadequate for what they were being used for)
*After I did not get the manager on the second try to talk to her about the handhold, I wrote an email after returning home from my trip. The hotel did not answer my letter of concern, so I sent my complaint to the Better Business Bureau for the Denver/Boulder area. And WOW!! Not only did the hotel ignore me, they blew off the BBB, too. TWICE!
*I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

1  Thank cybercritic007
Reviewed July 22, 2007

We were looking for a hotel near the airport for our night before our flight left the next day. We were very pleased with this Comfort Inn and Suites. The room was cheap and clean with a nice comfortable king size bed. It was also close to several restaurants and a mall including a Bass Pro store.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2007

We were looking for a place close to downtown, but cheap. This palce offeres free parking, free breakfast, and there is a computer in the lobby which is free to use. It was pretty cheap also. The rooms are pretty aeerage, but they are clean. It's a good place to stay if you are driving to the mountains for a day (i.e. breckenridge) and don't want to pay to stay there.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PHXGAL
Reviewed March 7, 2007

Ok, let's face it, this isn't the 4 Seasons, but when you just want a clean, comfortable, relatively cheap place easily accessible from the highway this isn't a bad choice. We stayed here because when we flew into Denver we realized that the drive to Breckenridge would be an unpleasant one that night due to snow, ice etc.
The location is about as unexciting as one can find, but it is a very easy on/off from I-70 and not too far from where the airport road joins I-70. The lobby area makes an attempt to be cozy and the desk staff were actually very helpful (allowing us to check road conditions etc). The breakfast is your standard motel fare, although they did provide a "make your own waffle" machine which I hadn't seen before. The room was larger than normal, clean, and relatively comfortable.
I wouldn't necessarily think of this motel as a base for seeing the area, but it is fine as a place to crash if you have an early morning flight or get stuck in Denver due to bad weather (like us).

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Westby
Reviewed August 17, 2006

The comfort Inn was nice, a little older for this hotel chain. It was a great value for being 6 miles from downtown denver. I believe I paid about 62.00 per night. The breakfast was the usual, a little crowded at times. The hallways didn't seem air conditioned. The rooms were nice and clean, beds were extremely comfortable. The front desk staff was nice. The hotel itself was not the easiest to find, a little confusing, but once you know where you are going it is okay. I would stay here again...

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled solo
2  Thank harleymom
Reviewed July 28, 2005

Getting a really cheap internet rate for the second night ($47 & taxes) we arrived in Denver a night early. We went to Comfort Inn & Suites right away to check if they have a room available. They told us that the only room they have is a Junior Suite for $79. Staying for two nights, we got it for $75. The room was ok. Check the internet for special discount rates. The only problem was that it stank like somebody had been staying in there smoking for the last two years without ever opening the windows. The AC was kind of broke and hardly any really cool air got into the room (which was a pain during the day because it was about 100 degrees but during the night the temperatures really cooled down). We didn't have to transfer into another room the second night which was really nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. The night we got there (around 6 pm) only one young lady was working at the check-in and several people were waiting in line. She was really nice! About three hours later when nothing was going on there were two people in the reception area. I guess that was badly timed. The motel is located closely to the freeway (which you can hear pretty well) and other important highways. You get to LoDo Denver and to the airport in about 15 minutes which was really nice. There is a shopping mall / area close by as well as the Denver Museum of Nature & Science (a really really great museum! For people who like museums and / or nature this is a great experience! There is also an Imax theatre within the museum).

• Stayed: July 2005