“Don't expect too much”

Ranked #78 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Don't expect too much”
Reviewed June 11, 2009

The girl working the front desk seemed less then enthused to be there. I felt like I was a bother to her. If she wasn't on the phone with customers, she was on her cellphone. At least while she was on her cellphone, if one of us came up to the counter, she ended her call. I guess she was irritated she was being interrupted? She also couldn't answer basic questions about the area and looked at me like I was speaking a different language when I asked her for directions to the Northfield Stapleton Shopping Center, which she had no clue about. We were getting a rollaway and she said she was the only person working so she wouldn't be able to get it to us anytime soon. I told her that I could take it with me now since it was stored in a room right behind the front desk. She seemed totally confused by what I was saying so I told her I would come back for it. The front desk staff the next morning were much friendlier.

On the outside, the hotel looks fairly new but judging from our room, it seems like it was being renovated but they ran out of money and were taking short cuts to complete it. Some rooms had its numbers held by masking tape to the door. The toilet paper holder in our bathroom was shoved into a square too big for it that was cut in the dry wall so when my friend went to change the roll, it fell out of the wall. The ceiling above the shower had obvious water damage. One of our key cards were not working and when we went to get it recoded, the girl seemed annoyed. The area the hotel is in is semi-industrial but down the street and one exit away, there is a huge shopping area. You definitely need a car to get to to those areas. I originally booked the room through AAA since they offer a discounted rate however I discovered the hotels own website offers the room for a significantly lower price. I am glad I payed the power price because our stay did not warrant the original rate I booked. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank lsn808

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Gloucestershire
Reviewed March 4, 2009

Excellent clean Hotel, good breakfasts and helpful staff. Conveniently situated for Downtown, Airport and other attractions providing you have transport. We thought we would be able to use public transport which was practically non-existent and we had to hire a car. As visitors from England we found the traffic system and signage a little hard and got lost several times! However, everyone was very helpful both at the Hotel and in the vicinity. Would be better with china rather than plastic plates etc. - probably cheaper in the long run to employ someone to wash up. Comfortable bed and facilities.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DecBirthday
Temple Terrace, Florida
Reviewed September 18, 2008

The Comfort Inn was our home away from home for eight days during the Democratic Convention. Most of the hotels in town were getting huge prices for that week, but we had booked our room early and got a great rate. The hotel is not deluxe, but our room was always clean, the staff was warm and welcoming, and the breakfast was fine. The hotel is about fifteen minutes from downtown (without Convention traffic and road closings) and close to a major mall. It was an excellent value and we would stay there again.

• Liked — Great value
  • Disliked — Could not walk anywhere from hotel
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed September 15, 2008

Room reasonably clean and OK if a little faded. Comfy bed, basic bathroom. Housekeeping inconsistent. Not bad value. No food or drink on site beyond basic breakfast buffet but a big mall five minutes away by car - forget walking, you have to cross busy highways. Hard to find off an interstate intersection and a very long way from downtown. Felt as if there were too few staff to handle the volume of business. So OK for a night or two, but more of a last resort than a first.

• Liked — The free wifi, good parking, fairly sizeable room.
  • Disliked — Pokey location, far from town, no restaurant and couldn't walk to any local facilities.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
beaumont
Reviewed September 9, 2008

I booked at this hotel using Travelocity (something i rarely do) for a soccer game at the new stadium which is conviniently down the street (Dicks Sporting Good Sports Complex) i was wonderfully suprised to find that this hotel was clean, comfortable, and queit considering that it is only a few blocks off the highway. The front desk staff is very attentive and when i requested a room on an upper level, away from the elevator and with a balcony they were quick to accomodate my requests! The breakfast has a good selection i like the western omlettes! A pool or spa would have been a nice touch! Overall i had a great stay the beds are amazingly comfortable and plush! I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good value, friendly and compotent staff.

• Liked — The most comfortable beds i've ever slept on, in a hotel
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank janiejoe2
oklahoma
Reviewed August 7, 2008

The hotel was in a convenient place off I-70 close to Bass Pro Shops. The check in was fast and the rooms were nice and clean. They had a nice continental breakfast and the staff was friendly. Nothing bad to say about the hotel. Only stayed for one night. We would stay here again. Good price for what they offered and being in Denver.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
omaha, NE
Reviewed July 24, 2008

I stayed here one night with my fiance. We booked our reservation through the Comfort Inn website and got exactly what we booked, which was definitely a plus. Our room was small, a little unclean seeming and in an area that wasn't exactly what we were hoping for.
I couldn't hear anyone in rooms nearby but I also wasn't sure that anyone was in them. When someone walked by we could hear them perfectly from inside the room.
The price was great for being about 10-15 minutes from downtown Denver, possibly less depending on traffic. The free breakfast was better than average and the room had lots of channels and free wireless internet.
However, I still felt that this hotel could have been a much better experience. The room was not as updated as the pictures led me to believe. There was not a mini fridge and all extras were very minimal (no extra blankets, towels, etc.) The bed was pretty comfortable though!

• Liked — The price.
  • Disliked — The atmosphere.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple