“Disappointing room that did not live up to high ratings of this hotel”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #79 of 159 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Based on the reviews by others, we thought this hotel would meet our need for a quick overnight in Denver before an early morning departure from the airport. Unfortunately, the room smelled musty, the mattress was lumpy and the experience was disappointing. In addition, the overall cleanliness and maintenance of the hotel lobby, the hallways and our room left much to be desired. Were the previous ratings honest observations by truly independent hotel guests??

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 15, 2011

So the phone didn't work during my one night stay. I would call the front desk and heard nothing. I went to tell the person at the front desk and apparently the call was coming through and I had just hung up on him... At check out the following morning I told another guy (just happens to be an indian fella, just so you know who I'm talking about if you go there, assuming he is the only indian fella there of course) about the phone and he didn't seem really concerned that it wasn't working... Oh well, just one night right? I didn't labor the point. I asked him if he could give me a number to a taxi company to get to the airport. He pushed me to use this private car hire firm - he said they were about 10 dollars cheaper than the metered taxis... I say I am not sure but he shrugs and says why not call them anyway? So he does this off his own bat and tells me they will be here in 10 min. I trust he is telling the truth and go with it. 20 min later still no show (and I have to get going) so I tell the desk guy I'm going to call a metered taxi company. He looks annoyed and calls the private hire guy who seems to get mad at him in turn and says he will charge me 10 dollars for making a "booking"... I am shocked. I tell him I did not "book" anything and in any case the car is late. I'm not about to pay anything. He is talking on the phone with the car guy and he (the desk guy) says to the car guy "yes you can come onto the lot when you get here"... (!) I am assuming to confront me and extort me for 10 dollars. I ask to speak to the manager... he glares at me angrily and says he is the manager. I leave the hotel and end up at a random business to call for a proper cab... 10 bucks cheaper than what the hire car would have been. It looks like these hotels are in league with certain car hire companies.. just be careful before asking them to make any suggestions as there may be twisting of the truth. I recommend always going with a metered cab in a city you don't know well. At least they should be regulated and not in cahoots with the hotel manager.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2010

Situated in industrial area in the angle formed by I-70 and Quebec St. actually on the service road and hidden from Quebec St by road work. Ample car park Pleasant roomy public area. Ground floor large room with TV, hairdryer, coffee maker, ironing board, etc. No fridge or microwave. Nearest restaurant seemed to be about 10 blocks south off Quebec (nothing seen going north for over 20 blocks). Breakfast - choice of 2 juices,2 cereals, toast, muffins, fruit, pastries and hot waffles.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tourmanagerSussex_UK
Reviewed August 25, 2010

The wife & I checked in and a young woman named Chandi was extremely helpful, professional, and friendly. The room was very clean and comfortable with a good air conditioning system. The continental breakfast was outstanding with well prepared, hot scrambled eggs, waffles, muffins, orange juice, toast, etc, each day. The ladies that prepared all of the items for the free breakfast were friendly, polite, and kept the area very clean. I ordered our trip through Expedia and got each night (6 nights) for $53.75 a night! Couldn't ask for a better hotel to stay with this kind of quality, price, and service.Secure internet and nice fitness center were very convenient also.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2010

This place is pretty bad. Lobby appeared to be in good shape, but the room was kind of disgusting. Towels had not been refreshed, a used bar of soap was sitting on a used washcloth by the sink, carpet was dirty, bedspread was stained. TV didn't work properly. The location is nothing for them to be proud of either. Very industrialized area that is somewhat difficult to enter. My next activity tonight will be to find another hotel for the rest of my stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2010

We chose this hotel for a combination of price and convenience to the airport. It satisfied these criteria, but was rather better than we expected. Nothing flashy, but what it advertises in the way of facilities, it delivers. The rooms (we stayed twice, at the beginning and end of a circular trip fro Denver) were spacious, clean and comfortable, service at the desk was friendly and efficient, and although there is no restaurant, there is a large mall just nearby with plenty of choice. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2010

This hotel is merely average. I have stayed here twice while catching a Colorado Rapids game at the Dick’s Sporting Good Park. I keep coming back because it is close to the stadium and has a free breakfast. The downside to the hotel is that it is old and showing its age; the furnishings look old and both times we had a toilet that you had to fiddle with to make the water stop running and during one of our stays we had to do the same with the bathroom sink. The rooms are not spotless but clean enough that I have never had to complain. Chances are until something better comes along for the price/location we will continue to stay here while catching a game but the hotel is nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family