1,581 results
All reviews east colfax irish snug voodoo donuts free shuttle street mall union station ogden fillmore capital
Reviewed June 30, 2008

This hotel was the perfect location for our trip. It was the only hotel located close to the event we were attending. SO convenient. Then staff were friendly and the room was satisfactory. The only problem was the A/C didn't really cool the room. The one best thing about our stay was the location, it was centrally located to everything, restaurants, bars, and the event we attended about 3 or 4 blocks away!!

Date of stay: June 2008
Reviewed June 23, 2008

Was attending a conference downtown and looking for something cheaper than the conference hotel. On paper this one looked okay, though I should have been alerted by the description of its 'rustic decor' (in reality, this means 70's shabby with rough-hewn wood paneling lining all of the halls). I never mind walking, but this hotel is in a very questionable neighborhood. Daytime walking was okay, but at night??? It was at least 20 minutes' walk to the center of downtown. Doable, but not exactly close.

Had many problems: key card that wouldn't work, assigned to a room that was already in use, leaky tub, etc. The staff was responsive enough, but there should not have been so many problems!

Overall, the impression was dingy and depressing. I can't recommend this to anyone.

Date of stay: April 2008
1  Thank SomervilleReisender
Reviewed May 6, 2008

For attending a downtown seminar, this hotel worked out great. I talked with Jonathan, who worked with me for a room location to my preference and some other details. In the end he got me a great price too. I almost chickened out after reading the other reviews, but he assured me the renovating was good and the hotel was decent. It is an older building and you can't get around that, but it was just fine. Our king bed room was nice. Plenty of space, everything worked, accessories were nice. Best of all, the shuttle to our event at the Convention Center was free, as was the parking for our car for 4+ days. The shuttle will take you or pick you up anywhere w/in 3 miles, every hour from 7 to 10. These 2 things added up quickly at the other hotels I spoke to. We were on the 2nd floor, #259, facing the courtyard. It was quiet - we heard none of the street noise you'd think of in a city. Curtains were good so we could make the room nice and dark. The pub across the street was good too. If you are the kind of person who likes to stay in super nice places as part of your trip experience, then try one of the $175 a night hotels and $20 a day to park your car. If you want to be at a decent place, for half that price, on the edge of downtown, and have the extra money to spend on fun, this hotel will probably serve you well. Jonathan and the other staff we encountered were all real nice. Jonathan's picks for food, that we tried, were great too. All in all, my wife and I were well pleased and felt we found a great value.

Date of stay: May 2008
1  Thank apollo-jones
Reviewed April 14, 2008

Well, my trip started with a bus ride from the airport to the hotel that was scary at best. Riding a Humvee through Fallujah is safer than being out in that neighborhood.

Anyhow, we checked in, only to find out our room wasn't ready because there was a SWAT team with rifles and shotguns raiding the hotel's third floor looking for someone and they wouldn't let us upstairs. We were told to go "find a beer" and check in later.

The van service into the city wasn't bad, but the girl who drove us back to the hotel one night had the music blasting and she was dancing while driving the van on two wheels as she hit the turns.

Overall, this hotel was a bad dream. Im glad I can laugh about it now, but wish I stayed elsewhere. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

Date of stay: April 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 10, 2008

After multiple business trips to Denver for several meetings, choosing the Ramada Inn was the worst decision me and my company made for a business trip.

The hotel staff was incapable of answering and managing BASIC hotel questions. What time does your food service start? Can I get a car for the hotel tomorrow? My hotel room doesn't have a working television - can you help? Each of these questions were answered with either "I don't know, I'm not sure, or I can't" - how can anyone in a customer service position (and customer service driven industry) be trained to answer guests that way? AND it was every employee across the board.

If you are on a business trip and need to rely on Ramada Inn, Denver Downtown, Denver, CO 80218, [--] - I highly suggest that you avoid this location and brand if you expect to stay in a hotel. Your better off going to the local homeless shelter and requesting a cot.

Date of stay: February 2008