“Don't judge a book by its cover...”

Ramada Denver Downtown
Ranked #105 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Wichita
“Don't judge a book by its cover...”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Driving in I had my doubts as the area around the hotel was kind of rough. The hotel itself stuck out as it was well lit and secure. The inside was just as I had expected and the staff was helpful and attentive. We were in town for the Great American Beer Fest and I was concerned about staying too far from downtown, but I was happy to discover that the hotel offered a free shuttle every hour.

The neighborhood around the hotel is not as bad as it looked on the way in, and we actually walked to quite a few of the places we went. We will be back!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Keys_Hospitality, General Manager at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you Mark for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Ramada. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us during the Great American Beer Festivial. The hotel was filled with beer connoissereurs just like yourself and we had a blast using our complimentay shuttle to transport people to and from the GABF! It is also a pleasure to hear that you found the neighborhood safe for walking adventures. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and we are glad you didn't judge the book by it's cover!
Laura Ramos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Korean first
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife is preparing for a bone marrow transplant and we have to come to Denver for appointments. We usally set up 2 to 3 days of appointments in a row so we dont have to drive back and forth many times. We choose this hotel cause it was close to the hospital and the rate was decent. Thoes reasons are why I gave two stars. The entire hotel is old and dingy. We requested a handicap room which they gave us. The only problem is that the room was on the other side of the hotel and we had to walk the entire distance which was hard on my wife especially after a day of procedures and tests. After the one night we stayed my wife woke up having trouble speaking and her throat was raw. This is usally caused by mold. The entire non smoking room smelled musty and like cigarette smoke. The neighborhood it is located in is questionable. Normally this is not a concern except the city of Denver wont let me carry my wepon. Once we woke up we asked for a refund on the next two nights we had allready paid for and we found a new hotel for less money that is 100% better. The only drawback is that it is 5 miles further away from the hospital but we can easily live with that to have a much better experience.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Mark for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Ramada Denver Downtown. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us during the Great American Beer Festivial.The hotel was filled with beer connoissereurs just like yourself and we had a blast using our complimentay shuttle to transport people to and from the GABF! It is also a pleasure to hear that you found the neighborhood safe for walking adventures. Colfax is filled with restaurants, bars, stores and many other forms of businesses and we are glad that you didnt judge a book by its cover! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed October 10, 2013

When traveling to Denver, Ramada made my experience very enjoyable, their excellent customer service and very informative front desk. Their Front Desk Manager (Israel) was very knowledgeable about the city of Denver, and had great recommendations on how to spend my time there. The rooms were very clean, the atmosphere very welcoming. If I return to Denver I will definitely stay at The Ramada Hotel. Thank you!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Keys_Hospitality, General Manager at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you Isabel G for your feedback on your recent stay at the Ramada Denver Dowwntown. It is always wonderful to hear about a staff member who shines and delivers above and beyond. We are very proud of Isreal and really appreciate your recognition of his passion for our guests. It is also a delight to hear that you found our rooms to be clean and our atmosphere to be welcoming.Thank you very for staying with us and we do look forward to seeing you again soon!
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I had a 3 night stayed here and all i can say is. NEVER AGAIN! The service was bad. The room smell awful. We got a non-smoking room. Yet it smells like smoke everywhere. It got worse at night. I had a mild case of allergy against cigarettes smokes and my goodness, my nose is about gave up and stop breathing. i had to breath to the sheets or my own clothes half the time. we had to open the Window and turn the bathroom vent on. Speaking on bathroom... the air vent was Loud as heck! the first room we were in, it sounded like it's about to explode. Thankfully they moved us to another room which is a bit better. Noisy nonetheless.

Service was AWFUL! Honestly. The only reason i give this place a two star is because ONE GUY at the service desk was really nice and trying his best. the other 2 girls that was there most of the time were rude and not very friendly to people at all! Their Wifi was Okay. we could connect about eh..... 60% of the time.

Anyways. I won't be staying here again. that's for sure. NOT recommended!

Room Tip: Honestly. I don't even know if there's a good room. we had two different rooms and they are...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Keys_Hospitality, General Manager at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear joluffirosauce,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I would like to personally apologize for the unfortunate experience during your visit. The hotel, restaurant and lounge are all undergoing a major transformation at this time. This includes going from a hotel with smoking rooms to a completely non-smoking hotel. We are excited about the future and hope you come back and see the changes. Please contact me the next time you are coming into town.