“Not a great experience at all!”

Ramada Denver Downtown
Ranked #105 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Not a great experience at all!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I had a 3 night stayed here and all i can say is. NEVER AGAIN! The service was bad. The room smell awful. We got a non-smoking room. Yet it smells like smoke everywhere. It got worse at night. I had a mild case of allergy against cigarettes smokes and my goodness, my nose is about gave up and stop breathing. i had to breath to the sheets or my own clothes half the time. we had to open the Window and turn the bathroom vent on. Speaking on bathroom... the air vent was Loud as heck! the first room we were in, it sounded like it's about to explode. Thankfully they moved us to another room which is a bit better. Noisy nonetheless.

Service was AWFUL! Honestly. The only reason i give this place a two star is because ONE GUY at the service desk was really nice and trying his best. the other 2 girls that was there most of the time were rude and not very friendly to people at all! Their Wifi was Okay. we could connect about eh..... 60% of the time.

Anyways. I won't be staying here again. that's for sure. NOT recommended!

Room Tip: Honestly. I don't even know if there's a good room. we had two different rooms and they are...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Keys_Hospitality, General Manager at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear joluffirosauce,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I would like to personally apologize for the unfortunate experience during your visit. The hotel, restaurant and lounge are all undergoing a major transformation at this time. This includes going from a hotel with smoking rooms to a completely non-smoking hotel. We are excited about the future and hope you come back and see the changes. Please contact me the next time you are coming into town.
Laura Ramos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Awesome staff - they were all very friendly and helpful. Public spaces are very nice and the decor fits the location in Denver. Loved the lemon ice water in the lobby. Guest rooms are in need of an update, while they were clean, they are old and worn. Pool and spa must have been closed, because they didn't look too inviting by the color. (Would be good if the website notes dates the pool is closed for the winter, as we were expecting to use it). Nice, relaxing outdoor space. Close to downtown and great dining across the street. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Keys_Hospitality, Director of Sales at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you Deena M for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Ramada Inn. It is wonderful to hear that you were treated with such great service during your stay. We take extreme pride in our staff and believe they are one of our best assets. I would like to apologize about the look of the pool area. We had a major pump break down because of the recent rainstorms but we have fixed the problem and the pool is open once again. The hotel, restaurant and lounge are all undergoing a major transformation at this time and we are very excited about the future. We are looking forward to seeing you during your next visit and hope you will notice the changes!
Director of Sales and Marketing
Mary Jarrett
Indianapolis
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I recently stayed here overnight for a business trip after booking on relatively short notice. In the past I stated at the Hyatt but post-renovations the $300+ price tag is hard to justify for quick trips in and out of town. This room came in at about $120 and I felt it was completely worth it.

First, this is not exactly downtown Denver - it's about a mile away from the center of the city and some of the areas you might want to go out to eat or drink, although the surrounding neighborhood has a good array of options as well. The hotel itself is pretty old, and it has a throwback look in the lobby that is sort of endearing. The hotel offers a shuttle that takes you wherever you need to go within 2 miles of the hotel and arranged pickup afterwards, which was a great perk - I didn't want to pay for a taxi and although I had a rental car I didn't feel like driving around looking for parking.

As an older hotel, I am sure it used to allow smoking throughout and it sort of has that smell, so although I don't care for a night for business travel it wouldn't be an option if I was traveling with my family. There is also a "lounge" that is really just a cafeteria room that I suppose at one point was a real restaurant but isn't now - there is a buffet in the morning but it's really not that great and if I had more time I would have looked elsewhere.

But all in all this was a good experience - the price was right, the shuttle was a huge plus, and the staff was friendly and got me in and out quickly. I would recommend for short-trip business travel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NRS21
Keys_Hospitality, Director of Sales at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you NRS21 for your review regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Inn. We love hearing that our hotel was perfect for your "short trip business traveling." We are also very pleased that you enjoyed the accommodations provided in your room and our complimentary shuttle service . The hotel, the restaurant and lounge are all undergoing a major transformation at this time and we are very excited about the future. We are looking forward to seeing you during your next visit and hope you will notice the changes!
Director of Sales And Marketing