“Disappointing customer service”

Ramada Denver Downtown
Ranked #109 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed August 29, 2013

More than one disappointment during a recent stay. Unbelievably bad customer service by the "free van" rides around town. The driver opened the door for me but then left me to put my own bag in the van. Then when dropping me off at a conference downtown, the drive stopped the van and never got up off his seat. He sat there while I opened the door myself. And he parked the van so I had to exit the van with my door opening into a lane of downtown traffic. I had to get my own bag out of the van and close the door myself. He never said said good day or goodbye, just drove off. It was like I was inconveniencing him by using the free van service. The resteraunt is not open on Mondays, I didn't know that before I booked. The hot tub was warm not hot. I'll never stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Cathy F
Write a ReviewReviews (1,504)

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Worst hotel I have ever stayed at in North America. Burn holes in the bedding, sheets were shredded, room was filthy. One star given for the friendly housekeeping staff and location. Other than that please pick another hotel to stay at. Believe all the bad reviews. I tend to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, not for this hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Brandi B
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My friend and I stayed one night in Denver while attending the Colorado Photography Festival. The hotel is in a great location depending upon the reason you are needing to stay in downtown Denver. It is an older hotel that is being updated although we did not see any renovation work. The staff is extremely helpful in locating sites in and around Denver. If you are looking for a luxury hotel, this is not for you. If you need a room at a reasonable value with friendly, helpful staff, this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: If you need a microwave or refrigerator you can request that for an extra $10. I suspect the room wo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Picturetaker10
Keys_Hospitality, Director of Sales at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback and for staying at the Ramada Downtown. We are pleased to learn that you found our hotel to be in a "picture perfect" location for you visit to Denver. It is also wonderful to hear that you had a great experience with our staff. I am convinced that we have the best hotel staff in Denver. We are absolutely committed to making your stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible! Thank you again for choosing the Ramada Hotel and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I am wirting as a travel agent. Our guest left after the first night because they have Bums at the Lobby and infront.
The General manager Larry West does not care about it. He was hard to get on the phone.
At the end they also cheated us on the commission.
All the best Larry!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Moritz W
Keys_Hospitality, Director of Sales at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Hi Moritz,
We did contact you personally regarding payment for booking and have not heard back. Travel Agents are the backbone of the business. I joined the team after this incident and the new owner and myself would like to make sure you got your payment for the booking. There are now high tech security cameras around the building and we have increased our security of the building and grounds. Please contact me directly so we can get your account straightened out. Thanks

Reviewed August 26, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
1  Thank Sharon B
Keys_Hospitality, Director of Sales at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Reviewed August 25, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
1  Thank Tereasa G
Keys_Hospitality, Director of Sales at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Bad service, dingy rooms, below average location.

There's just nothing to say about this hotel that makes it OK.

It isn't terrible - it just isn't good. It wasn't any particular experience, it was all of it.

One of those places that really just needs to start again. The only reason you stay here is if everywhere else is too expensive and/or sold out...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank andyg16

Thank you for the review. Along with the surrounding neighborhood, our hotel is undergoing some major upgrades and we are excited about the future stay for our Ramada guests. During your next stay please inquire about our hotel amenities(complimentary shuttle, free Internet, free parking etc) and don't forget to try our new breakfast buffet! We would love the chance to welcome you back to our hotel.
Director of Sales and Marketing