“Stay Away”

Ranked #104 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Rapid City
“Stay Away”
Reviewed February 6, 2008

If you have any other choice, stay away from this Ramada Inn. After choosing this hotel because of its close proximity to the Fillmore Auditorium, I wish I had decided to take a longer walk to my destination. The disappointment started when I arrived and they only had one staff member maning the front desk during peak check-in hours. After a lengthy wait, I boarded the elevator. From the sounds the elevator made as it creeped its way up two whole floors, I began to wonder just what kind of death trap I had entered. Upon entering my room I was confused, wondering just when I had left the Ramada Inn and entered a Motel 6. Saying the room did not live up to my expectations is a drastic understatement. Not only did it smell musty, but when I tried to take a shower the next morning I found out that there was only enough hot water for one guest to take a shower at the same time. All in all a completely unsatisfactory experience.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deanjo71

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Korean first
England
Reviewed November 5, 2007

Room was fine but the area is not the best, especially at night. The hotel restaurant was not open in the evening, advised to try the Irish pub across the road which was fine but a bit noisy. Good guest laundry facilities and parking was free.
Would not walk to city centre from this hotel, best to have a car.

• Liked — Laundry facilities
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Denver hotels

miasings
Reviewed October 9, 2007

The hotel's graphic artist did much to improve the look and feel of this place on the website. The room I stayed in had peeling paint and a dirty bathtub. When I asked reception for towels, they told me that there wasn't anyone available to bring them to me. Reception suggested that I try back in the morning -- even then, they didn’t have anyone available to bring them to me. When I called the restaurant for room service, there wasn't anyone available to bring me neither a menu, nor the meal - even though the hotel offers this service! I had to go into the restaurant, order my food, wait for 15 minutes, come back down carry my breakfast on an overlarge tray back to my room. I wanted to use the hot tub, but the facilities were closed - not due to hours of operation, but for some other unknown reason. The only thing that was good was the service in the bar. Even the restaurant manager admitted that he had to field complaints often about the service of this hotel. The place needs a paint job and a working elevator. I felt like I was staying in an hourly hotel. I spent over $100 on this room and I give it an “F”.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank Miasings
Yellville, Arkansas
Reviewed September 2, 2007

checkin was ok , room smelled of pee, the blanket had ketchup on it the shower was horrible the water came out at a trickle, will never return to this hotel.

• Liked — none
  • Disliked — dirty room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
Campbell, California
Reviewed July 26, 2007

This hotel was not the best place to go for a good nights sleep. The people were pleasant enough, but the atmosphere was horrible. The smoking rooms are on the same floor as the non-smoking rooms and therefore everything reeks of smoke. The carpet has many bare spots and the walls inside the rooms are stained, especially around the air grate overhead. The cleaning staff doesn't really clean and you don't have to worry about them changing your sheets everyday. I left my nightgown in the bed and the bed was made with my gown in it. They book weekend parties at this Ramada so you hear loud music and people talking until 1am or so. If you want to sleep, DO NOT get a room on the first floor, because you will hear EVERYTHING! Security at this place was great! The couple next door to us decided to get into a domestic dispute at 3am and I called the front desk immediately. Within 30minutes they were kicked out and it was quiet again. Overall, I would not recommend this place to anyone. Stay outside of the city in a nicer place if you can!

• Liked — The people were very attentive
  • Disliked — The place is just too rundown and too loud on weekends
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs CO
Reviewed April 28, 2007

this hotel does not deserve more than two stars rating. It is VERY old, and in need of some major renovation. While it wasn't absolutely dirty, you get the feeling that it needs a good scrubbing. Carpets need replacing, the elevator was scary (we took the steps after the first time), and the bathrooms really need an upgrade. Not even coffee in the lobby in the morning. Location is convenient to downtown, but not within walking distance. The neighborhood does not feel safe.

• Liked — front desk staff was helpful
  • Disliked — Needs a total renovation
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank CoSprgsTraveler
Gaborone, Botswana
Reviewed April 25, 2007

We left a parcel with the receptionist who said she could drop it off at Fedex for us. The parcel, containing a railway media (DVD) player, never arrived at its destination. We have tried to contact the hotel many times but get no response to our letters and emails. We have twice completed online report forms on the Denver police website, but had no response or feedback. We have had to pay $ 1100.00 for the lost item and cannot understand why our enquiries go unanswered.
We live in Botswana, Africa and it is not easy to communicate from here. We were tourists and had limited time, during heavy snow, to get to the Fedex office ourselves.

• Liked — Comfy bed
  • Disliked — Canteen style catering
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family