“WARNING!”

Ranked #105 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“WARNING!”
Reviewed June 3, 2011

DO NOT STAY HERE. I had money stolen from my room while I was visiting. On top of that the hotel is in a bad area and has a bad odor.

Room Tip: The best room is in a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank dblitzer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Korean first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 3, 2011

First, I must admit that I did not even stay here. However, I did CANCEL my reservation to stay here AND gladly accepted the late cancellation fee, because it is located in a "not so good" area of town. There is an alley way right behind the hotel, where some questionable individuals were just hanging out, as well as businesses with barred windows surrounding it. My fiance and I were planning on staying here, as I was presenting my work at a conference at the Colorado Convention Center. She was going to walk around Downtown Denver to see the various attractions, but we decided that wasn't the safest thing to do. Thus, we cancelled the reservation.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank awdqm2
Chicago
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I was traveling alone and I ended up taking the $100 dollar loss and checked out an hour after I checked in. The area in which the hotel is located is full of sketchy-looking people who will yell at you and follow you down the street (especially if you are a young female). Even the nonsmoking rooms smell gross and every seemed very old and musty. Surprising the bed didn't seem that bad but I didn't stick around very long to find out. The walls were thin as paper and being placed on the ground floor with the sliding glass door just seems like it's asking someone to break in. With about a 25 minute walk it's really not as close to downtown (the 16th street area) as they claim. You can stay somewhere much nicer in a better area of town for only about 20-30$ more. Wouldn't recommend for individuals traveling alone (especially females) or those with kids.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Houma, Louisiana
Reviewed May 29, 2011

This hotel is in a seedy part of town, but it is close to everything we wanted to do in Denver. The hotel was dirty, they beds were hard and parking was tricky.

Wouldn't stay here again. The bathroom was tiny!

We tried the room service for breakfast one morning. The omelet was good, the hashbrowns were okay and the toast was terrible. How do you mess up toast?

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Summit County Colorado
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I have stayed at the this place for years for a one nighter- the ROCKAMADA- as I like to call it, is located across the street from two great music venues- the Ogden and Fillmore. You can walk across the street, not drive and party it up. The hotel also takes pets- which is a big bonus- they have a nice courtyard for the animals to play and go to the bathroom. Please pick up after your pet:). As far as the rates- 125.00 with tax- A bit steep for the worn out and dirty rooms. My socks were black from the nasty carpet, the tv was ghetto, the bathroom sink was clogged and it smelled funny in my room. There was a smoking fine if you smoke in the room, and my room smelled like smoke from the get go- so make sure you drink a lot and just pass out if you plan on staying here!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Brookegoski
Kearney, Nebraska
Reviewed March 12, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for one night in November for a concert that was going on at the Wells Fargo Center downtown. For the price you really can't beat it for getting close to downtown. They also have a free shuttle that will take you downtown for free. (If you mind waiting on THEIR time, wasnt too thrilled with the shuttle service, honestly think the driver was coked our or something and she made us wait awhile) The hotel is in desperate need of some remodeling, it has an old western theme. The rooms were not the best, the were in desperate need as well as some remodeling and some good deep cleaning. Since it is one of the only smoking hotels in the downtown area and it was alot cheaper than most hotels close to downtown I will rate this an average. The area that this hotel is located in also is not the best, right off of colfax I was worried about parking my car there. IF it would of been anywhere else I would of gave this hotel a 1 star, espically for a Ramada!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nikkilynn128
Colorado
Reviewed February 18, 2011

This would have been the 4th time we had stayed here. We came for state wrestling, they are literally around the corner from the Pepsi Center so we have always LOVED the convenience. Never had a problem until this year. We got to the hotel about 6:30 pm. I was guaranteed an inside room. They had given our room away!!!! There was suite but it didn't get cleaned that day??? Soooo. Called La Quinta Inn on Arapaho Road and walla....a suite for just $4 more per night than the Ramada.....more of a drive, but that's ok.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business