“The Westin Tabor made Denver stand out as a city that cares about Service!”

The Westin Denver Downtown
Ranked #29 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“The Westin Tabor made Denver stand out as a city that cares about Service!”
Reviewed February 20, 2010

My stay at the Westin Tabor was in conjunction with an event at the Colorado Convention Center, and having never been to Denver before, I was concerned that the hotel might be too far for me to walk to the event. Once I got there, all my worries faded! The hotel was perfectly situated with just enough walking required to clear my mind before and after the meetings. It is so close to everything that makes downtown Denver great, and I couldn't have asked for a better location. The staff was wonderful throughout, from the doorman to the room service waiter - but especially the front desk agents who were always helpful, attentive and caring. The room was perfect - with one small exception: the alarm clock REALLY needs to be updated, and of course the alarm went off at 6am to a hispanic station (I did not set it, but I did need to get up anyway, so it wasn't a real problem). Otherwise all was wonderful, and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to Denver.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed February 19, 2010

I like the Westin and most of the whole Starwood brand, but I certainly expected a bit more for the very steep price of $299 per night. Getting charged $11 for in room internet service was cheesy at best. The room was not all that large, and the usual bathrobe was nowhere to be found. Not much to eat - just a Starbucks in the basement/ground floor. The soap was a thin bar wrapped in cheap plastic - I certainly miss the Heavenly Soap that used to be wrapped in foil.

What else - not enough towels, plenty of noise, not much of a view from the 6th floor. Don't get me wrong, its certainly a step up from the Motel 6. Can't beat the beds, nice work area, good temperature control, efficient check in, etc.

But, for $300 a night in Denver, I'm expecting a lot more.

Wyoming
Reviewed February 11, 2010

We were delighted with the entire experience. Only stayed one evening, but know we will return. My only disappointment came when I had to pay to use wireless.

We had a glitch in the DVD player we brought along, and Roy in IT was on the spot with help and loaned us his personal connector. The unexpected is always such a treat!

Long Beach, California
Reviewed January 27, 2010

We were staying on the 7th Floor only to be rudely awaken by a jackhammer or some other kind of tool in the room directly above ours at an ungodly hour. The staff were incredibly rude & unapologetic for the construction going on right above us. They did move us, after we persistently asked them again and agin to move us to a lower level. I mean, why would they even keep that floor open to guests, who are paying good money?? I'll tell you-they are greedy and want the business. The staff at the front desk were also incredibly rude and had so much attitude, I couldn't even believe these people were hired to deal with customers. Never, ever again will I say at such a place where you are treated like garbage!!! I hope no one else has to experience this.

• Stayed December 2008
2 Thank skinsfan15
ChuckShruringa, Director of Operations at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this review, February 10, 2010
Dear skinsfan15,
I would like to sincerely apologize about your experience from December, 2008 in our hotel. From your comments, it appears that your stay coincided with a complete rooms renovation that concluded in late winter of 2009. While we know that this was an inconvenience to many of our guests, we are also quite proud of the results of this $10.8 million renovation and believe the product worthy of a revisit. We truly attempted to address each guest individually that voiced concerns during their stay and it appears as if this did not happen in your case. I am truly sorry for how you were treated. Please feel free to contact me directly: chuck.schuringa@westin.com
Santa Ana, California
Reviewed January 24, 2010

Planning a weekend trip to Colorado to catch the Cubs and Rockies, I was surprised to get a terrific deal at the same hotel that the Cubs were staying. It was an awesome atmosphere from the fan aspect, and the hotel was terrific. The room was very comfortable, and the location couldn't be beat. The 2nd floor bar had a lively crowd each night, and I felt the hotel staff was terrific in catering to our needs.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
ZP83
Reviewed December 22, 2009

I have stayed at this property in Jun of '08 and July of '09 both times I have a good stay at the Westin Tabor Center. I have always gotten a good room with a balcony which was great for the summer month because you can lay out on the chairs and catch that nice warm Denver dry heat. Both stays I used Cash and SPG points and it was a great deal for the spacious modern room. The only complaint is that the bathrooms are a bit small but hey lets not get too picky for $60 a night and 4,000 points its a good deal. The staff is what I think makes this hotel excellent. They always smile and say hello no matter if it is the night maid in the hall way or the security guard roaming the hall ways at 3am. I would recommend this property to anyone visiting Denver that wants to stay close to the 16th street mall and larimer square. Great shopping and night life are within a stone's throw but really toward the end of the great outdoor mall. On a nice night during the summer there are several fun events near the hotel that take place. For instance I believe when I stayed there they had an outdoor movie night which was great for families which was right outside the hotel. Two excellent stays at this hotel!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank ZP83
Albany, NY
Reviewed December 22, 2009

I stayed here while attending a conference in Denver. The hotel was in a great location and the hotel itself was very nice. All the Westin employees were very cordial and good to deal with. I would stay there again if I was in Denver.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business