“Ogod You Guys Are Eatin Dirt”

The Westin Denver Downtown
Ranked #28 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Somewhere in between a sandwitch
“Ogod You Guys Are Eatin Dirt”
Reviewed November 18, 2005

Well, I give this holtel a 5 in evrything! if you like starwood hotels, if that is your STANDARD, well,this hotel is the BEST pick in denver! RIGHT smak dab next to da mall and shuttle, EVERYTHING closeby, awesome hotel!

• Stayed March 2005
1 Thank oyaya-99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Columbus, OH
Reviewed November 17, 2005

I can't believe the negative reviews I'm reading here. I don't travel often, but when I do, I usually stay at Westin hotels, and the Tabor Center is the nicest one I've stayed in.

The lobby is beautiful, and the desk clerks were extremely helpful, friendly and sociable. We asked one if he had heard of a certain restaurant, and he immediately pulled out a downtown map and showed us how to get there. The woman who booked our room gave us the choice of a regular or corner room; we chose the corner. The next morning, the same woman asked us if we enjoyed the corner room! Great service!

The room was small, but what do you expect for any downtown hotel? The bathroom was perfunctory, but the Heavenly Bed was perfect as usual (the No. 1 reason to stay at Westin).

The location is great for walking down the 16th Street Mall, or for Rockies games. Lots of restaurants within walking distance, including several in mall connected to the hotel building (plus Starbucks in the lobby).

The pool is amazing - half indoors, half outdoors, and located on an upper floor with an incredible view of downtown, the Six Flags amusement park, the football field, and a grand clock tower looming over the pool. Hot tub, too.

I have no unkind words to say about this hotel, and it'll be my first choice if I ever find myself in Denver again.

Stayed September 2005
9 Thank DenL42
Missouri
Reviewed October 2, 2005

Went to Denver for a Convention and had read alot of reviews about all the Hotels in the Downtown area before I booked my hotel. Came across the Westin Tabor Hotel and there Hevenly Bed & Bath. Thought this would be a great stay and sleepful night. I was wrong the bed was everything but Heavenly (HARD), the bedding was nice but couldn't make up for the HARD bed. It was bad enough that I had to stay at this hotel but I had also talked into two others Stores into staying at the same hotel because of the heavenly bed & bath. Needless to say I'm now the brunt of many jokes. I will never stay at a Westin Hotel again. But this would be a great hotel for someone who likes back support mattress.

3 Thank Cyndylouwho2
Chicago
Reviewed August 28, 2005

We reserved our rooms months before our trip and a week before the trip we got a call from Westin confirming our reservation. The night before our trip they called to tell us that due to a computer error we had no rooms for the first night of our stay so they were going to move us to another hotel and then back to their hotel. The hotel they selected did not have a pool, and we had chosen the Westin because of the pool as we have 2 kids. Moving back and forth between hotel seemed like a hassle so we just switched to the Hyatt which was great. When we got home we had an email from Westin asking if we enjoyed our stay. A few weeks earlier we had stayed at a Westin in Southfield MI to visit a very sick relative and arrived to find that the adjoining rooms we were promised we not available. We were offered free breakfast and given a suite which was supposed to have a fold out sofa. We returned to our room late that evening to find out it was not a pull out sofa and had to wait around for housekeeping to come with a cots. At breakfast, there was no record of any free breakfast and we had to go back and ask at the desk. Then we went to get out car and surprise! it had been towed to a new location so some construction could be done and no one had told us. We were a panic thinking it had been stolen.

Stayed August 2005
5 Thank ChiFamily
Ohio
Reviewed August 3, 2005

Our family stayed at the Westin for two nights in late July and absolutely loved it. The service was far beyond expectations and the health facilities were great. As always at a Westin, the rooms were clean and comfortable. I would disagree with the ireview that suggested this should be a Sheraton. The location is terrific if you want to see downtown Denver as it is right on 16th street for the free shuttle. It is also easy walking distance from Coors Field.

• Stayed July 2005