“What a Bartender!”

The Westin Denver Downtown
Ranked #29 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I arrived to the hotel after a day of flying and a two hour shuttle ride from the airport (no connection to the hotel!), late for a company-sponsored cocktail reception. I was wiped out, but I had to be there. I asked the bartender, Johnny, for the tallest glass of ice cold water he could find - which he quickly and very graciously provided. We chatted a bit - talking about the horrors of traveling, and the importance of staying hydrated, among other things. He kept me well-hydrated through the reception, and we had a few more quick chats upon each return to the bar.

Thanks to him, what would have been a "gotta push through this" type of event, was actually a pleasant and uplifting experience!

Now that's service!
Thank you, Johnny!

1  Thank Naza327
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you so much for your encouraging words! We have passed on the kudos to Johnny, as well as posted your comments for the rest of the hotel to continue to be motivated to take care of great guests such as yourself. We look forward to the next time you can stay with us.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Denver Downtown

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This Westin is a bot older, but still nice. Good location. The room was fine, just a notch below "typical" Westin in my opinion. Valet was very nice. I'd stay there again, but competition in DT Denver is fierce.

2  Thank Cooper_Flyod
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I agree with you, our location and proximity to LoDo, Larimer Square, Pepsi Center, Coors Field and Sports Authority Field is a fantastic amenity for locals and visitors to Denver such as yourself. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Just returned from a very cold trip to Denver with my Husband. Spent more time in the hotel this trip since it was so cold that I didn't want to venture out much. Spent more time at Starbucks people watching, and enjoyed getting my breakfast and coffee there. Spent time talking to Teresa and Mi Ok when there wasn't a long line, they are very friendly and very good at their jobs. They speak with all the customers and ask how they are and wish them a good day. Sure I'll be back a few more times this year and will again look forward to my trips down to the Starbucks.

1  Thank Anna B

Thank you so much for your encouraging words! We have passed on the kudos to Mi Ok and Teresa, as well as posted your comments for the rest of the hotel to continue to be motivated to take care of great guests such as yourself. We look forward to the next time you can stay with us.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We are relatively local -- stayed at the hotel because we were attending a wine-related dinner that evening, and didn't want to drive home. We arrived at the hotel and wanted to take a quick shower before going out. No hot water. Bothersome, but not a big deal. Told the front desk people of our problem. They offered to fix it immediately, so we didn't request a new room. We returned from our dinner, and confirmed with the front desk people that the water problem had been fixed. Tested the water in the sink -- seemed hot. Went to bed, no problems. The next morning: although there was hot water in the sink, no hot water for a shower! Lousy way to head out to work. Complained at the front desk on the way out. They apologized, but no offer to discount the room, give us a credit towards a future visit -- NOTHING. So, despite the fact that the room was fine, the linens were nice, the place was quiet and the mattress was good (all things required to get a good review!) would I go back there? Heck no.

Room Tip: Had specifically requested a "quiet room" when I made my reservations on line; they honore...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fishinmusician

I am so sorry your recent experience at our hotel did not meet your expectations. At The Westin Denver Downtown, we strive to exceed the expectations of our guests and we did not do this in your case. Should you wish to share more specifics in regards to your room number so that our engineering team can investigate the water, please feel free to contact me directly at julie.rhodes@westin.com. We hope to exceed your expectations on your next trip to Denver!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Everything about this hotel was very nice. I was here for a meeting and service at all our receptions and meals was great and the food really good too. The only problem I had was there was an ice skating rink on my side of the building and even on the 7th floor, music was very loud until 11pm on Fridays and Saturdays. I asked the desk how long it would go on and they were nice and even called me back to let me know about Saturday night. They couldn't switch rooms because they were full (and I wouldn't have anyway, all unpacked and there 2 days) but they left me a nice fruit platter and juices. I would ask for a room NOT on the skating rink side if you go in the winter. Super location!

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room not on the ice skating rink side if you are an early to bed, early to ri...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Chris O

Thank you for staying with us. It is nice to hear that eyour meetings went well and our staff met your service expectations. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

It is a standard Westin in a good location. I like the Westin brand as it is always a nice hotel with a good comfortable bed with a good gym and good food. This hotel met the standard of Westin. You can easily walk to all downtown Denver businesses and tourist sites

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Seth K
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Denver Downtown. I am glad you enjoyed all the amenities The Westin Denver Downtown has to offer. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Spent a couple of nights there as a get away. Was so glad to get home and back to my own bed. Their Heavenly beds are hard as rocks and so uncomfortable. Over all great hotel. Nice staff, clean, noisy as almost all hotels are. Great location as there are so many place to shop and get a bite to eat. We ate at The Palm restaurant in the hotel the first night. Good food but not worth the prices.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lissa N

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. We agree we have a great staff and an excellent location close to many restaurants, shops and sports venues. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our beds. Should you wish to share more specifics in regards to your room number, please feel free to contact me directly at julie.rhodes@westin.com. We hope to exceed your expectations on your next trip to Denver!