Let me start by saying how extremely accomodating the staff at this hotel was. My husband and I were traveling with our 18month old daughter so we had a few extra requests to ensure we could make HER stay easier as well. All requests were responded to quickly, efficiently, and with a smile.
Location is great! There was some outside street noise, but nothing that couldn't be muffled with a little music in the background. There does seem to be a picketing "homeless" problem outside of the hotel, however, noone bothered us and they were just wanting to be heard.... no issues.
Hotel was a nice wide open and clean feel. The rooms are large and didn't feel cramped. Hallways were quiet with the exception of an occasional slammed door. NEVER heard hall conversations. Starbucks in the lower lobby was a bonus to not have to stumble too far out for a caffeine fix.
3 items that weren't all that impressive:
1) the Heavenly bed.... wasn't so Heavenly. One side of the mattress was rather soft and "broken in", while the other side seemed to have some coils that were no longer in place and made for a lumpy bed. As we had 2 beds in the room, this wasn't a huge issue because we had options to rotate.... but certainly wasn't what Westin is advertising.
2) the Heavenly crib. I'm not sure I understand why this is referred to as a "Heavenly crib". (what was I expecting?) Plain small metal white crib with a mattress and a sheet. Not any different that any other crib I've seen in hotel rooms and if the mattress was anything like that mentioned above, then it is no wonder that my daughter refused to stay in it. I will say the rug they brought with the crib (nice and fluffy ...blue with white clouds) was quite soft and kinda cute. However, I don't understand why I needed a rug with my crib. Appearances? Again, didn't make a case for my daughter to stay in the crib.
3) Water leak in bathroom under sink..... that ran out in floor..... and around toilet. Really? Wouldn't the maid notice this? Apparently not as she kept stacking fresh towels directly under the leak. It wasn't a flood... and really just a minor annoyance but still something that should have been addressed before assigning the room to a paying customer.
All in all it was a good stay. I stay in a lot of hotels and found the small inconveniences to be somewhat typical of a hotel room.... though not necessarily a Westin. I would definitely recommend a stay here. ... Just be willing to live with a little wear and tear in the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Denver Downtown Hotel is a four-diamond hotel located in the Tabor Center, located near the famous 16th Street Mall, Colorado's leading tourist destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Denver Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Denver Downtown Hotel Denver
- Westin Tabor Center
- Westin Hotel Denver
- Westin Denver
- Denver Westin