“Wonderful hotel in a great location!”

The Westin Denver Downtown
Ranked #24 of 161 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I visited this hotel for a business conference. My room was wonderful, clean, spacious and in excellent shape. Beautiful view of Denver downtown and the snow capped mountain many miles away. The staff was very helpful with directions, transportation assistance and re-stocking my room with bottled water and coffee. They are "green" there and offer you a discount coupon for drinks of food if you taking part in reducing your "footprint". the bed is comfy and the bedding very luxurious.

The conference rooms facilities and the food was top notch. The hotel staff did a great job taking care of all of us.

It is barely a block from the 16th St mall, great walking experience, fun shops, bars and restaurants. The baseball field is 4-5 blocks away. So close to everything fun in downtown Denver.

I would visit this hotel again for business or pleasure and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: higher floors have better views of mountains.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is great to hear stories from our guests about their stay. I will be sure share your comments with our staff. We look forward to your next trip to Denver.
Julie Rhodes, Executive Assistant to Tom Curley, Area Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (1,460)

Reviewed May 3, 2012

We spent New Years Eve in Denver and this was the perfect hotel to have walking access to all of the restaurants and bars. The hotel is huge, the rooms are large and clean, the beds are comfortable, the staff was helpful. Parking was expensive but convenient. Another great Westin hotel!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I was shocked by how disappointing this hotel was. The front desk agent was mildly rude, and was really annoyed when I told him that we were checking in with our dog. When I made my reservation, I asked, and confirmed that my dog could join us. Then when I had a question, he said "go ask the concierge". Um, ok, you are right here, and I'm still checking in?!? The rooms were decent sized, but the pillows were HORRID. Lump, and flat. The bed and linens were no where near what we are used to when staying at Westins. Outrageous parking fees. If you wanted to run out for a meal/errand with your vehicle, don't worry, they will charge you every time! Can't I just pay one fee, for the duration of my stay, and not be hassled every time I want to come and go? Hotel restaurant is really nice and really expensive. Maybe if the hotel was a little nicer, the restaurant would fit in. One plus, this hotel is in a great location. Right on 16th street, providing excellent access to bars, restaurants, and shopping. I will not stay here again. There are plenty of nicer (both rooms and guest service) in the same great location.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

I would like to apologize for the dreadful experience you had at our hotel recently. It is definitely not the lasting impression we would like you or any of our guests to leave our hotel with. The Westin Denver Downtown prides itself on being dog friendly. We even have a Heavenly Dog bed for fiddo to enjoy during their stay. I apologize you did not receive a friendly welcome for your dog. While parking prices may seem high, the company that owns and operates the parking structure (not affiliated with our hotel in any fashion other than offering our guests the opportunity to park in proximity to the hotel) assures us that their prices are competitive with other area hotels. In addition if you chose to utilize valet parking they do offer in/out privileges in that daily rate structure. If you would like to interact with me further regarding your experience please feel free to contact me at julie.rhodes@westin.com.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

After two stays in Denver separated by 16 days at Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) hotels—the Downtown Westin & the Downtown Sheraton, I found the Westin a much more enjoyable experience. My check-in at the Westin went smoothly and the staff was very helpful when providing directions. The desk provided all amenities due my level in the SPG Program. My room was clean, however the furniture was average—to be honest I expected more. While the bed linens were first rate, several bath towels were so worn that I left a note to replace them. There was sufficient room in my room to set up my laptop and work comfortably. Another handy convenience was the terminal at the front desk to print out your boarding pass. This hotel has an excellent restaurant—The Palm, which had excellent food and service. The breakfast served at the hotel was also excellent and the buffet was good value for the money. There is also a Starbuck’s in the lobby if needed. Compared to the cavernous Sheraton, the Westin feels like a boutique hotel. The Westin is much more in tune with the needs of an independent traveler, and easier on the pocket book.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo

I truly appreciate your kind words. It is especially meaningful to hear from our loyal Starwood guests. Thank you for your loyalty to Starwood and The Westin Denver Downtown. I have taken the liberty to share your comments with our Front Desk Staff. This kind of feedback is so great to share with our team to encourage them every day. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Denver.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

NCAA women's final four 2012 very nice hotel and excellent customer service. Valet parking is 30 dollars a day. You are near a lot of shopping and food eats. Gloria in housekeeping provided us with excellent customer service! Worth the money we paid. There steak and fries dinner is very good.but need to over more food choices in the bar area and cheese cake would be nice.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2012

On our way home from a ski trip, my husband, daughter and I stayed here for a night before flying home the next morning.
The location was great, we walked the 16th street mall, enjoying the sites and a lovely wine bar. Our room had a marvelous view of the mountains, was spacious and well appointed. The self parking is underground, but really under the street and several other buildings...we had a hard time finding our way into the hotel and then our car the next morning....very confusing. It was a quick drive to the airport the next morning, even though it was St. Patty's day and several of the streets were closed. The hotel gave us excellent directions. Not sure how it would be a on weekday morning. We would definately stay her again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I held a meeting here in April 2012. The convention services staff were amazing, always anticipating our needs before we even asked for them, and helping us all of the time. The meeting space was convenient, and the food was great.

The sleeping rooms were spacious, what you would expect of a Westin. I only found two drawbacks to the sleeping rooms: 1) they don't have a concierge floor and 2) they don't have the double shower heads in other westins. Of course, only having one shower head saves water, so I can't really fault them for that, but every once in a while I like to use the double shower head.

The mini-fridge is filled with honor bar stuff, but it's the kind with sensors so you get charged if you move anything. So, if you want to keep your own drinks cool, just have the front desk send up a mini fridge. I was able to do so, no problem.

I had a problem with a slow running drain in the sink, I told the front desk in the morning, and when I got back to my room later that day, the sink was completely unclogged, so they get good marks for solving problems.

Hotel is located right on the 16th street mall, which has a free bus that runs up and down it. And a bus comes about every 45 seconds it seems. Also, coors field is only about a 15 minute walk, even shorter if you take the bus. The building itself has a Palm Restaurant and a corner bakery cafe. A walgreens is about 2 blocks up 16th st for necessities, and there is every restaurant you can imagine on 16th street.

I would definitely host another meeting there, and would most definitely stay there again.

Internet costs money in the sleeping rooms, but is free on the lobby level, you can ask the front desk for the password.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

I am so happy that you had a wonderful experience here during your meetings! This kind of feedback is so great to share with our team to encourage them every day. Thanks again for the time you took to post and share your positive experience with us. Hope to see you again the next time you visit Denver.