“Nice, but not 4 star” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 151 Hotels in Denver
Sarasota, Florida
“Nice, but not 4 star”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed in the Warwick 3 nights on our trip to Denver. We chose the hotel because it was close to the Capitol Hill area where many of our trips acitivies were located. The room was nicely remodeled and spacious. The bathrooms were clean and nice, but when we turned our tub to shower water still ran out of the spicket making the water pressure kind of low. I used the fitness center most days and it is one of the better gyms I have seen in a hotel. It is large and has a variety of equipment.

Our biggest complaint was the parking situation. The first night we used the $26 a night valet. We needed to drive my husband's brother home at midnight and there was no one on duty to get the car. We waited at the front desk for over 20 minutes while the desk clerk checked someone in. He told us security would have to get the car for us, so we eventually just called my brother in law a cab. The next night we paid $16 to park in the public parking next door (which the hotel staff will tell you is $18). The garage was fine but was difficult to access the hotel from. We finally used free street parking the last night to avoid the rediculous cost for valet that is not available 24 hours. Who wants to pay $78 plus tip to make your car hard to access for 3 days?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank SOman_81

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Santa fe, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We were tempted by the Warwick's holiday offer and we are sure glad we took advantage. We enjoyed the location, easy walking distance to a number of downtown places as well as the courtesy car to places within a couple of miles, like the Zoo Christmas lights. The rooms were excellent, the restaurant was great, the overall kind of European feel was comfortable. And, accolades for the staff, very friendly and helpful. We would choose the Warwick over many other "downtown" hotels due to it's location (pretty quiet) and the staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lakewood, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We booked the Parade of lights jammie packge and had the best time ever. It all started with the friendly valet staff helping unload us at the door. Check in was just as nice. We were handed an envelope with the vouchers and directions we needed for the events of the weekend. Everything was seamless. Hot chocolate and cookies, tickets to the grand stand, Christmas movie and snacks and Santa and Blitzen in the morning. We had 4 children and 4 adults in our party and everybody walked away from the weekend with big smiles. This is definitely the start of a new tradition for our family.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a downtown facing view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sandi S
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed in this hotel on more that one occasion and always was happy with the room and staff here. The rooms are generally a really good size and very clean.
The restaurant is pretty good also. It is a good location for the city and handy for parking also.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice over the past year. I booked it initially to go to a Rockies game and it was very reasonably priced for a nice hotel. The hotel exceeded my expectation. Very large room with large tub/shower. The rooftop pool was a fun add on. The staff was exceptionally friendly on both occasions, and on the second visit for a Bronco game I arrived earlier than check in. Not only did I get my room immediately, I was upgraded to a suite! This hotel is not super centrally located, but it is an easy walk to 16th st mall. There is also a B Cycle station one block away so you can rent a bike and pedal anywhere!

Room Tip: I actually prefer the regular room to the suite because the BR is larger and bathroom is en suite...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

One of the best hotel experiences we've ever had. Warwich is near the centre of Denver, and gives the feeling was of a quiet, intimate hotel. It has a friendly and helpful staff.
The room is huge with two big very comfortable beds, flat screen TV, balcony, and nice big bathroom. Good breakfast buffet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank adkennis100
Valley Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed in th Warwick for 3 nights. Chose it bec. it was close to my work-related meeting location. Room was clean, large, and spacious, so I could spread out. Room had 3 phones, including one in the bathroom! Very friendly and helpful staff, and the hotel even has door staff that open the door for you as you enter or exit. Staff called me every morning on time for my wake-up call. Fast and free wireless in my room. Another guest told me he didn't have free wireless, so maybe I got lucky. My 7th floor room had a small balcony, which was cool, as I could see part of Denver. Shower was excellent, as was the water quality. Very elegant hotel interior.

Queen bed was too soft, so I sank into it (and I only weigh 140 pounds) and didn't sleep well any night. I need a firm bed to sleep on. Randolph's Restaurant in the hotel was a bit expensive, and I only found 1 meal I coud eat (a pasta dish) on the short dinner menu. Pasta was excellent, though. I ate at a nearby McDonald's one night just to save money and because I didn't want pasta again. (I had walked several blocks around the hotel, but all the eatery places loked like or were actual bars, were very crowded, and had lots of smokers congregated outside, so I didn't go in these places and went to McD's instead.) Business Center only had 2 computers for a large hotel, and the printer didn't work once, was out of paper another time, and was out of toner another time. Large flat screen TV was nice, but channel surfing was difficult bec. I wasn't familiar with the local channel and wanted to see the TV Channel Guide, so I had to click the remote several times to get to that Guide channel. Small outdoor pool on the top floor. I felt the water; it was somewhat heated, which seems a bit wasteful since it was mid-November.

Overall, it's a very nice hotel; I just wish I had a firmer bed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business