“Very good (but not great) hotel near downtown Denver”

Warwick Denver Hotel
Ranked #41 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel that is walking distance (10 - 15 mins) from the 16th street mall and the heart of downtown Denver. The rooms were very nice and the walls seemed thick enough for true privacy. The balcony was a big plus as was the living room set up in the lobby (I had to kill an hour after my late (1p) check out and the sofas/fireplace were very inviting. The top floor has a pool and an amazing view, but it really needs a hot tub to get 5 stars out of me (the location is a little too far from downtown for the price and the ladies at reception were also a little too chatty with each other for 5 stars, but these did not diminish my experience).

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank culler83
Jerome S, General Manager at Warwick Denver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Culler83,

I am sad to hear our hotel missed your 5th star by lack of a hot tub and our chatty front desk clerks, which has been addressed. I do hope that on your next visit to Denver you will give us another try.

There are newer reviews for Warwick Denver Hotel

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I was here for a business conference. The location is a bit off the beaten path a little ways away from downtown. Although touted as a historical hotel the decor feels a bit tired. During the conference it seems they had consistent issues with the PA system and the mics. The service and food was adequate. Overall a pleasant enough stay.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank rhdavis

Dear RhDavis,

Thank you for your review of the Warwick Denver Hotel and we appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience as we are always pleased to receive feedback from our valued guest. We are delighted to know that you rate the overall hotel service, facilities and attitude of the staff highly, and are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed at the Warwick on the Denver leg of a USA coast to coast trip and this was by far the best hotel. Large comfortable, well equipped rooms and with the unusual bonus in the USA of an outside balcony. The rooftop pool area was clean and well maintained and very welcome after a long hot day site seeing.We were welcomed with lemonade and cookies as our bags were unloaded from the coach and taken to our rooms. The staff in the restaurant were pleasant and helpful and the quality of breakfast was good. This hotel is in a good location close to the 16th St Mall and the Civic attractions. The hotel approach was beautiful at night with the lights in the trees outside .All in all a very enjoyable 2 day stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank willow20

Dear Willow20,

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I very much enjoyed my recent stay at the Warwick in Denver. I found the location to be convenient to all of the Downtown activities while also situated in a relatively quiet part of town.
It is a quick walk to the Capital Hill area and not really far from the 16th street mall. Most importantly however is the size of the room. I stayed in a junior suite for 5 days and easily could have lived here for a month or longer. The suite was larger than many New York appartments. The bathroom was well appointed with bot a bath and a large walk in shower. The bedding was adaquate if not special. The only real complaints would be centered on the "dated" feel of the facility. Yes it is not as modern and contemporary as the Monaco or Magnolia, but the hotel did have an old fashioned charm. The furniture reminded m of our childhood gurniture in Connecticut, the cherry dressers with the brass pulls.
The Warwick is a clean, comfortable, "classic" hotel with friendly service. I especially liked the complimentary transportation that was available.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank CTandFLGuy
Jerome S, General Manager at Warwick Denver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear CtandFLGuy,

We at the Warwick Denver are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to write a review. It is always a pleasure to hear from our satisfied guests. We hope that on your next visit to Denver we may welcome you again and are looking forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Recently stayed here as part of a convention being held at a different hotel. Check in was smooth, the concierge guys had taken delivery of 2 large boxe for my colleague and they were very efficient in bringing these and putting them in the car.
Hotel was fairly busy can be a wait for the lifts. Parking is in the multi storey car park next to the hotel or via the valet parking (both at a cost).
Views from the front or the rear are not brilliant even from high up due to the hotel being ocated in a semi residential area.
Pool & bar on the roof but I di not visit these.
Breakfast buffet at $18 plus tip is vastly overpriced and quailty / selection was poor. A short walk into town to 16th Street gives you 20+ alternatives at half the price.
Taxi or private car from the airport will cost you $55 but there are numerous shuttle buses if you don't mind sharing and dropping off at various hotels first (this is about $22 per person)
Concierge great at organising car for return trip
Reception quite frosty staff especially as asked for late check out and had to pay half day rate but then got locked out my room as was told they were full and had no record of my late check out request. Left a bitter taste after an ok stay.

Room Tip: Try t not get a room near the elevator shaft otherwise you here it through the fairly thin walls
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Jerome S, General Manager at Warwick Denver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Washman19,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Warwick Denver Hotel. I am glad to hear that most of our staff was accommodating and sad to hear our Front Desk staff was "frosty" and had no record of your late check out request. I have also discussed our buffet breakfast offerings with our Chef and we are making some changes. I hope you will give us another try on your next trip to Denver.

Kind regards.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Warwick for one night at the beginning of September. This is a beautiful hotel on Grant Street, just a few blocks away from the 16th Street Mall and other tourist attractions. We were greeted immediately upon our arrival just after lunch and were informed that our room was ready. We were impressed by its spaciousness and cleanliness and spectacular views of Denver!
We had purchased a breakfast package, but when we realized that we had to leave earlier than expected the following morning to catch our flight, the assistant manager kindly offered to provide us with a voucher that we could use for our dinner that night at Randolph's Restaurant instead. We were pleased to accept and actually had the best meal that we had eaten during our entire ten-day holiday. We only wish we could have stayed on for another day and made use of the roof-top pool. We plan to stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Just an FYI: only valet parking is available at this hotel, at a cost of $26.00 per day. You may wan...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jerome S, General Manager at Warwick Denver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Chickadee830,

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Warwick Denver Hotel and truly appreciate the time you took to review your stay. It is always nice to hear when people truly enjoyed their stay. We are looking forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Denver and would like to thank your for the WOW.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I was in Denver for business but wanted a night at a downtown hotel to go out and explore the city nightlife. I was prepared to spend a little more on someplace nice and was happy with the rate, so I booked here.

I found the balcony to be a wonderful amenity and the hotel reminded me of many in Waikiki. In fact, I think they probably re-used the same blueprints back when this was built for a lot of hotels in beachfront places. But why in landlocked Denver?

Architectural digression aside, I really like the rooftop pool and on a hot ninety degree evening, it was a welcome feature of the hotel.

My room was large and the bathroom was... well... like an airplane hanger. You could wash down a small horse or several large dogs in there with room to spare. It took a while, but I realized that this is probably an accessible room, which I did not need. If you do require an accessible room, please know that the bathroom is equipped with bars for the toilet and bathtub as well as lots of floor space.

I did have a slow service issue the next morning in the restaurant, which I provided feedback on to the hotel. To my satisfaction, the General Manager wrote back promptly to apologize and this was very much in keeping with the staff here in my experience. Very friendly and easy to talk to.

Would I stay here again? It's likely, but with so many other new hotels in downtown Denver, it's tempting to try something new next time. In the meanwhile, I was very happy with my stay.

Room Tip: I faced east, which didn't offer a view of the Rockies. If you want a view, request something fa...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Dear Wcub,

Thanks you for your review and the time you took to let us know how we did. I am glad to hear that you rate the overall hotel service, facilities and attitude of the staff highly, and are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for bringing the slow service issue to my attention and we look forward to seeing you again soon.