“Great Location, Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Warwick Denver Hotel

Warwick Denver Hotel
Ranked #38 of 154 Hotels in Denver
Calgary, Canada
“Great Location, Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I was in Denver for business but wanted a night at a downtown hotel to go out and explore the city nightlife. I was prepared to spend a little more on someplace nice and was happy with the rate, so I booked here.

I found the balcony to be a wonderful amenity and the hotel reminded me of many in Waikiki. In fact, I think they probably re-used the same blueprints back when this was built for a lot of hotels in beachfront places. But why in landlocked Denver?

Architectural digression aside, I really like the rooftop pool and on a hot ninety degree evening, it was a welcome feature of the hotel.

My room was large and the bathroom was... well... like an airplane hanger. You could wash down a small horse or several large dogs in there with room to spare. It took a while, but I realized that this is probably an accessible room, which I did not need. If you do require an accessible room, please know that the bathroom is equipped with bars for the toilet and bathtub as well as lots of floor space.

I did have a slow service issue the next morning in the restaurant, which I provided feedback on to the hotel. To my satisfaction, the General Manager wrote back promptly to apologize and this was very much in keeping with the staff here in my experience. Very friendly and easy to talk to.

Would I stay here again? It's likely, but with so many other new hotels in downtown Denver, it's tempting to try something new next time. In the meanwhile, I was very happy with my stay.

Room Tip: I faced east, which didn't offer a view of the Rockies. If you want a view, request something fa...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jerome S, General Manager at Warwick Denver Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Wcub,

Thanks you for your review and the time you took to let us know how we did. I am glad to hear that you rate the overall hotel service, facilities and attitude of the staff highly, and are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for bringing the slow service issue to my attention and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
Stockton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

My daughter and I really enjoyed our stay at the Warwick. The room was beautiful; we enjoyed the fitness center; and the breakfasts and lunch we ate at Randolph's were excellent. The location was ideal for our walking tours of the city, (including the 16th Street Mall), and when we needed a ride downtown or to the zoo, the Warwick Hotel shuttle was available to transport us.
Their best asset, in my opinion, is their staff. Without exception, we were well taken care of by everyone we encountered. From the front desk (Alyson and Holly) to the bellmen, wait staff and host in the restaurant, their customer service skills were exemplary. With the low level of service so common these days, the Warwick staff was a very pleasant surprise. We would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: We were given a room on the 11th floor, facing downtown Denver. Nice view of a beautiful city.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mrs. Ruhstaller,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Warwick Denver hotel. We appreciate your time and are delighted to know that you rate the overall hotel service, facilities and attitude of the staff highly, and are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel was very nice. The rooms were extra large and had a nice balcony. , The roof top pool was decent with good hours and a very nice 24 hour fitness center. The location was convenient to shopping and dining. The breakfast was good too with a nice ambience. The only two isssues I had was when I asked for the wifi code, because I misplaced it, they said my room didn't have it even though it did, and they gave me the code when I checked in. The other issue was when I asked the front desk clerk about getting me the same rate I orginally had and they couldn't do it, so I choose another hotel for that night.

Room Tip: Pick a room above the 7th floor for a good view of they city.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jerome S, General Manager at Warwick Denver Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Neil,

Thank you for your review of the Warwick Denver Hotel and we appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience as we are always pleased to receive feedback from our valued guest. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the Mile High City.
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at the Warwick for 7 nights in Mid August, the rooms are very big and comfortable, free wifi, also free shuttle within 2 miles of the hotel, which covers the zoo area etc. It's apx 5 minute walk to the 16th Street Mall area. My only drawback was the price it's a little expensive
but if secured at the right price go for it.

Also staff very friendly, could do with more "things to do in Denver" information but with free wifi it's not hard to source that information. Overall i would recommend this hotel and if returning to Denver (and i get the right price) i would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for west facing rooms, i was told to ask when i was booking and got a great room, although no re...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Colmodub,

Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Booked an excellent rate for a junior suite on the hotel's website. The suite was roomy, with a king bed and sofa bed. The bathroom was quite large with separate shower and tub. Nice amenities and comfy bathrobes in the closet. The only thing missing was a full length mirror - would be nice to have either in the room or inside the bathroom. We also had a large balcony to enjoy the evening breeze.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are quiet - request room away from ice maker.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Seastars,

Thank you for your review of the Warwick Denver Hotel and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel and hope to see you again on your next stay to Denver.
Heidelberg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Excellent location close to 16th Street Mall with shops and resturants, we loved it. Breakfast was expensive and not exactly very good, the bread was dry, the buffet selection not what we expeczed for the price and the staff not very helpful and friendly, so we ate there only once. The rooftop pool picture on the website shows many sun beds which does not meet with reality. When we were at the pool there were only three working sun beds and one broken one together with a few chairs and tree tables. We had to use our towls on the floor to relax a bit when not in the water. So the pool and breakfast definitely did not meet our expectations. On the other hand the hotel location is great, the receptionists went out of their way to help with whatever question we had. The rooms and bathrooms were spacious and clean, we even had a balcony (no views though). The gym was nice. Sufficient equipment, albeit some broken. Would we go there again? Yes, presumably, but not for swimming, relaxing at the pool or a good breakfast :).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jerome S, General Manager at Warwick Denver Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Leolimoncello,

Thank you for your review of the Warwick Denver Hotel. We are delighted that you rate your stay as satisfactory and that our staff met your expectations. Just last week we replaced all the furniture at our rooftop pool and I wished we would have done this sooner so you could have experienced the new furniture. I have discussed your concerns about the breakfast with our Chef and take them seriously. I hope on your next stay to Denver we may welcome you again.
MIAMI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

We just returned from a terrific stay at the Warwick. It is located on an attractive, quiet street that is just 3-4 block walk from the 16th street mall and walking distance to other attractions. Our room was almost as large as a suite and the bathroom were very spacious, The decor was comfortable and attractive. The beds were very comfortable and the shower had great water pressure. Each room has a balcony--ours was on the 12th floor and had a splendid view. The hotel has a roof top pool with a spectacular view and a fitness center on the floor below. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel has a restaurant (and room service) on the premises. Valet parking is available for $25/day, however, if you are there on a weekend, street parking is free from 6 p.m. Friday until 9 a.m. Monday and on weeknights from 6 p.m to 9 a.m. Alternatively, there is a covered parking lot immediately next door where you can park for $16/night. The lobby is attractively decorated and has a fireplace for the cooler months. The hotel provides a free shuttle to nearby attractions. We were able to take advantage of a AAA discount which made the cost reasonable.
I totally enjoyed our four night stay and would highly recommend this hotel. If you prefer a smaller hotel in a quieter locale, but still very convenient to downtown, check this one out. I will definitely plan another stay here.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room on a higher floor to take advantage of the lovely view from the balcony.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ade5

Thank you for your review of the Warwick Denver Hotel and we appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience as we are always pleased to receive feedback from our valued guest. We are delighted to know that you rate the overall hotel service, facilities and attitude of the staff highly, and are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.