“Run away! Run far away, unless you just want a big cocktail!”
Review of Vita

Vita
Ranked #1,463 of 3,066 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Highland
Cross street: 15th Street
Description: Vita Restaurant in Denver Colorado features an exceptional Modern American Menu insprired by our sister restaurant, Blue River Bistro in Breckenridge, CO. In the warmer months, be sure to dine under the stars on our Rooftop Terrace. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Denver
“Run away! Run far away, unless you just want a big cocktail!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This is one of those restaurants where the staff is clearly out of control and everybody's just doing their own thing. They try, they really do, but it just doesn't work. Our waiter was just shy of being insulting -- especially to my partner who is gluten intolerant. When my partner informed him that he was allergic to gluten, the waiter responded with an eye-rolling, patronizing statement quoting some statistic about how only 2% of the population is actually gluten intolerant. For further insult, when my partnered ordered the steak frites, he missed the instructions on the menu about choosing two sauces. When the waiter asked him which sauces he wanted, we all told him to look at the menu. The waiter simply responded with, "Duh!" My partner is not stupid.

One diner in our party ordered a cocktail (vodka and soda with lemon) and it came out in a huge tea-glass with a lime. She informed the waiter she would like her cocktail served in a normal sized (old fashioned) glass, not a big-gulp size. He never did anything about it. She finally took the big-gulp cocktail to the bar and asked the bartender to correct her drink -- to no avail. The bartender brought back the same thing in another huge tea-glass and then proceeded to tell my friend about how they serve cocktails. It isn't about what the customer wants in this restaurant, it's about what the staff wants to do.

Food was lackluster all around -- six diners, everyone had something different, and no-one liked their food. I had a very strange pan roasted chicken dish that was literally swimming in quinoa and a 1/2 gallon of pesto -- topped with a drizzle of roasted red pepper sauce to the effect of a freshly butchered, bleeding chicken. I love pesto, but this dish was just strange.

I could go on, but why bother. We won't be back at Vita. It's just a mess of a restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank imitation-of-mink

Pacifica, California
“AMAZING burgers”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We dropped in while visiting from out of town after a quick review check and were wanting the black & bleu burger. It was on a weekend afternoon & were surprised when told they had just switched to their burgerless dinner menu. I think it was at around 2pm!
The waiter checked & the chef hooked us up with burgers none-the-less & omg they were the bomb! *I've tried many different places over time on a sort of quest for the perfect burger & I think I may have found it* We had the black & bleu as well as the applewood smoked bacon & cheddar. I personally liked the black & bleu a little better.
I recommend this place because of the chef that was there & the food. The wait staff was okay. Just know when you go they don't seem to offer their lunch menu on weekends. Kudos to the chef for taking care of us anyway - thanks!

• Visited June 2012
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Lackluster”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

The most disappointing of the 5280 picks.
With that said, the food was above average but lacked the wow factor.
Very in line with the farm-to-table, in season straight forward plate vein but the food lacked....something that would leave an impression.

Cocktails, however, I always order off of the list. I like a pretty specific flavor profile so I generally have the bartender concoct something special and each drink was creative and delicious.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank ICUHEN
Denver, Colorado
“Lunch on the roof”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

On a beautiful day in Denver we ordered lunch on the rooftop of Vita. Two margaritas set the tone for a lunch of a classic cheese burger, medium and a turkey club with bacon and side salad with lumpy blue cheese dressing. The fries were crispy and hot. The drinks took a bit of time to come out but when the food was ordered it arrived quickly. The bread was special, not sure what kind, but thick cut and freshly toasted. The turkey was meaty and flavorful. The salad makings were varied and fresh. My wife pronounced her burger as "one of the best in a long time." Service was friendly and not at all rushed. Combined with the wonderful weather and roof top location, it was a great lunch.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Norsekid
“Great for 2-4 people; nightmare for events”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Have enjoyed Vita for last 18 mos; food always excellent. Booked large, private party agreeing to use dinner menu owing to size and space. Guaranteed full use of main room, dedicated serving staff, etc. Menu finalized with and approved by Vita 1 week in advance. Event starts and drinks slow from beginning. Food was good once it arrived. But, delays of 1+ hours between setting of 1st & last small plates, 1st & last entrees. Nearly 2 hours between 1st small plate & last entree. Guests left because they were hungry! Last platings short on ingredients. Captain explained that kitchen overwhelmed because of another event sched'd on 2nd floor (no mention of concurrent event during booking process) and "all our food is cooked to order". Well, no kidding food should be cooked to order when I agreed to use the retail dinner menu. Again, when food arrived, for most part was Vita quality. Just sad that service appalled many first-time Vita visitors who have since told me they won't return. Vita was very stand-up about adjusting final bill appropriately, but am disappointed that I have never heard from my restaurant contact following event.